v Sheff Utd (h) - 6/11/21 - 146th Birthday

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

my team

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Carter Edun

Buckley Travis Rothwell

Dolan Brereton JRC

Subs:- Pears Wharton Johnson Butterworth Khadra Poveda Clarkson

It picks itself really, but with the mindset Tombolo is in this week, who f**king knows what he will pull 

He's gonna do something stupid like rush Ayala back and get him badly injured. Mark my words 

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It picks itself really, but with the mindset Tombolo is in this week, who f**king knows what he will pull 

He's gonna do something stupid like rush Ayala back and get him badly injured. Mark my words 

Ayala isnt fit and might not be fit by the next game after the international break

18 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Will be waiting to see if Bradley Johnson is starting tomorrow before purchasing the game. Will not be paying money to watch him

Last player i saw turned inside out as easy as him was Murphy it's as if his feet are nailed to the floor.

In defense or in a packed defensive midfield where his job is just to be solid he might do a decent shift. That kind of thing is way beyond the Mowbray way though.

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How do you know? Mowbray said he doesn't know 

Mowbray's comment on Ayala

“I don’t know, we have to wait and see (on Ayala). As I keep saying, I’m not the doctor, I’m not the physio.

"We’ll wait and see how quickly he recovers. He needs to get on the grass and do some training and at the moment he’s not doing that so he’s not going to play. We’ll wait and see if he does over the next couple of weeks.

50 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

How to prepare players TM style (after telling them they are not good enough to challenge for promotion)

This is a dangerous game because they (Sheffield United) have a team of men, understand their job, know when there’s pressure and the other team are on the front foot, when to sit behind the ball, we are young guys trying to learn the game.

“There’s no Mulgrew, Graham, Bennett, even some of our most experienced players who are injured, or not fit and won’t be in the team.

'' ..... and I do feel as though we have a very young team.

“I look at my board this morning and I count two or three players over the age of 23 who are going to start this game.''

He doesn't use toilet paper as his arse is always covered

I thought you were doing a parody quote before I clicked that you'd quoted his actual words

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray's comment on Ayala

“I don’t know, we have to wait and see (on Ayala). As I keep saying, I’m not the doctor, I’m not the physio.

"We’ll wait and see how quickly he recovers. He needs to get on the grass and do some training and at the moment he’s not doing that so he’s not going to play. We’ll wait and see if he does over the next couple of weeks.

that`s great,the mowbray regime don`t practice set pieces,he does`nt monitor players fitness levels,does`nt do any tactical work,shuffles about the touchline uninterested  and now he does`nt appear to speak to his physio,just exactly what does he do,apart from spout bull**** and pick the side from a bingo machine,i think this is going to become the  death spiral of all death spirals

• Like 2

I’ve bought 5 tickets for the family a few weeks back for this game and now I’m fearing what the atmosphere will be like, it’s my lads (4yr old) 1st ever game so it’s going be an interesting one. The last time my wife (she isn’t arsed about football) came a game at Ewood was Wolves 2003 when we won 5-1 so fingers crossed ay...

• Like 3

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Inta Beaver said:

I’ve bought 5 tickets for the family a few weeks back for this game and now I’m fearing what the atmosphere will be like, it’s my lads (4yr old) 1st ever game so it’s going be an interesting one. The last time my wife (she isn’t arsed about football) came a game at Ewood was Wolves 2003 when we won 5-1 so fingers crossed ay...

Make 'We want Mowbray Out' his first chant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Last player i saw turned inside out as easy as him was Murphy it's as if his feet are nailed to the floor.

In defense or in a packed defensive midfield where his job is just to be solid he might do a decent shift. That kind of thing is way beyond the Mowbray way though.

Yeah Mowbray has him as one of three midfielders, he can’t bloody run. It’s lunacy. First credential for a midfielder in a three is mobility. He was way better at CB last season on a few occasions than he has ever been in centre mid for us.

• Like 1

Only in the world of rovers. They try to manufacture interest by curiously celebrating a 146th anniversary then suffer a club record defeat mere days before. Not to be outdone 24 hours before ko the manager tells everyone to accept the mediocrity he’s capable of delivering. Roll up, roll up get your tickets.

Edited by matt83
  • Like 5

It's a pretty low mood for Rovers at the moment. A humiliation in midweek on our own turf, players liking social media posts celebrating that mauling and a manager who's now telling us how to support the club and generally spouting complete drivel.

It was a tough game anyway but if the team don't muster up some form of response on the pitch, the microscope will be firmly on the lot of em tomorrow evening.

I think we'll get beat, 1-2.

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

If the Blades score an early goal this could get very very nasty and do you know what the worst thing is - there’s a small part of me actually hoping for that, God forgive me.

You’re forgiven my son..

But your penance will be three hundred Hail Marys before the ninety minutes are up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

mowbray`s ego is huge imo,despite his humble persona,an angry crowd would wound him badly imo☺️

We've not had an angry crowd since King **** and relegation against Wigan at home, i wouldn't hold your breath sgig. 

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Inta Beaver said:

I wouldn’t worry about a hostile atmosphere it’s all pretty timid, if we are losing you may get an odd ‘Mowbray sort it out’ but you’ll get a ‘Mowbray give us a wave’ from the same section if we are winning 

There's a small part of me thinking we'll scab a win. He usually manages that, staves the critics off until the next death spiral. 

However, I do believe he's fucking shit out of luck, the day lady is singing, the boat has sailed, his chips are cashed and he's still out of road. Three nil to the blades

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gav said:

We've not had an angry crowd since King **** and relegation against Wigan at home, i wouldn't hold your breath sgig. 

Far too placid these days but when Ewood blows it usually does so big style.

Something will give eventually but tomorrow i think we'll get stuck in and win. I'd rather ignore the responsibility dodger with his hands in his pockets and get behind the lads ffs.

His time will come if he doesn't alter his attitude or hangs around longer than this season.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1