BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

What a mess this club is.

18 minutes ago, den said:

It’s about time EVERY fan stood back and realised what’s going on here.

losing millions every year, owners trying to sell STC off for housing, gates at their lowest for thirty years, unable to offer the better players new contracts etc, etc - and a manager who’s been here 5 years and just seen his team lose 0-7 at home just shrugging it off as a bad night and we have owners who have no idea what to do about it.

I don’t think this is too big of a reaction. The club is in a mess from top to bottom. It’s not good enough at any level. If nothing changes, rovers will go to the wall.

Have a bad fee!ing matters are going to get worse Den...don those Tin Hats folks!

Yep, and it has been a complete mess long before this result - but it sums it up that the heaviest home defeat is barely met with a shrug of the shoulders by those that run the club. Nonchalant as you'd like. The supporters, the club and it's history are complete and total non-entities for TM and Venkys. 

I just don't know when this misery will end.

1 hour ago, den said:

losing millions every year, owners trying to sell STC off for housing, gates at their lowest for thirty years, unable to offer the better players new contracts etc, etc - and a manager who’s been here 5 years and just seen his team lose 0-7 at home just shrugging it off as a bad night and we have owners who have no idea what to do about it.

I don’t think this is too big of a reaction. The club is in a mess from top to bottom. It’s not good enough at any level. If nothing changes, rovers will go to the wall.

But hey, Big Ben's doing well, only 2 points off the play offs, Tony is taking us on a journey.

Who cares about the spiralling debt, constant decline of the squad, the couldn't give a fuck attitude of the owners and the often forgotten fact that pre-Venky's we were a comfortable mid-table Premier League Team and much envied as one of the best ran clubs in the country.

Ben's playing for Chile.

Edited by booth
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, den said:

Spot on Den.

This is like watching a loved one suffering a slow lingering death.

• Like 2

The 7-0 is painful but the reality is that Fulham have some excellent players at this level and will be in the Premier League next year (for one season, most likely). I have no doubt that Rovers will go on losing and winning runs and finish mid to lower table. If Brereton continues his form, perhaps, even a bit higher. However, regardless of where we finish the club is in huge trouble. We're losing key players on a free soon. The apparent lack of forward planning is highlighted, also, in the resort to inexperienced loanees that were signed for some non-vital positions - and, then, not using them, failure to loan out, at any decent level, members of last year's successful U23 team and the loyalty to departing players with no future at the club, such as Downing, Holtby and Evans. 

In 2000-01, Graeme Souness' Rovers were propelled to promotion by Jansen, Duff and Dunn (along with Tigana's Fulham and Allardyce's Bolton). At the time, we had the money to cherry pick some of the best players in the league, at the lower clubs, such as Marcus Bent and Craig Hignett. However, the core of the team was that young skilful trio, backed up by solid players.

I think the three teams of 2000-01 that got promoted might represent the three ways, still, for smaller clubs to try and compete at the highest level - though it is much harder now with even more financial inequality between the Premier League and the rest. Fulham went for some technical foreign players, like Saha, Rovers, relied on highly gifted British/Irish young players, like Duff, Dunn and Jansen - whilst, Allardyce at Bolton, with less money to spend, got the most out of less gifted players like Michael Ricketts, with more direct and physical tactics.

The approaches are not completely mutually exclusive but some practical model for the team and the club to compete is necessary. Blindly following our current course will only lead to a downwards spiral. With our nightmares with various managers over the years, from Ince to Berg, I just hope that more fundamental changes occur, than just a managerial change.

To my mind, if it was possible and I have no idea if it is, some fan protest movement is needed to halt the creation of the Super League by default, that is the Premier League and push for fan participation and ownership. Everything we feared about the Super League is, effectively, taking place, as an English version, with access being denied to compete for the rest. I don't see anything happening in that direction but Rovers predicament, Derby's, Bolton's - Bury's - must start fans to look more beyond their own clubs and realise that their game is being destroyed. Perhaps, Rovers, with their Jack Walker legacy and Premier League connection, are finally reaping what other fans have been suffering.

Edited by riverholmes

This coaching team including the Mowbray must go down as the worst ever …. But I don’t blame them for milking the cow when the owners are half asleep …. Even Suhail who is the rep for them is never heard of or seen..Venkys are a strange breed … 

• Like 3

After 60 years of supporting my beloved Rovers, I can say with all honesty that I have never, ever felt so much despair about the future of my club. As Parson has said on another thread, Mowbray is merely a symptom. Any responsible club owner would have sacked the manager during that long winless run last season; he should have been sacked last night straight after the game finished. Venkys quite clearly have no knowledge of how to run a football club. They appear to have no concept of how much the club means to the people of Blackburn (or they simply do not care). They will probably be unaware of last night's debacle because they will be celebrating Diwali.

A message fron them, or from Suhail, that they are aware of the problems would at least show that they have an interest, but all we get is silence. I am sure that they treat the Rovers as a means of off setting losses against profits to save on taxes.

As for Mowbray himself, I could hardly believe the fact that he failed to apologise to the fans for his own tactical ineptitude in not shutting up shop when it was obvious thet the game was lost at half time. If we as fans can see that, why couldn't he?

I don't know where we go from here-like the Numan adverts, all I feel is DESPAIR DESPAIR DESPAIR😭

• Like 6

The useless, stay away owners adopt a strategy of silence.

Despite everything thrown at us since November 2010, we the supporters, adopt a strategy of silence.

If the status quo remains, how are we ever going to get out of this mess?

You couldn’t make it up. Fans of other clubs must look at us and think we’re getting what we deserve.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

The way to communicate with supporters is through action. That way they wouldn't need to release meaningless and templated club statements that do nothing to remedy the problems.

Yes, they must think we're complete morons. Bought off with a bit of flannel and nonsense from our betters. 

At some point, when confronted with a corpse, even the most committed and skilled medical professional comes to a point where they declare, " time of death is..."

I have tears in my eyes thinking about what this club has meant to me, and many of you for all of our lives, and the sad but rapidly approaching declaration of death that is surely not far away if the morons from Pune continue to hold our heads under water.

Rovers is dead.

LONG LIVE BLACKBURN ROVERS!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

The trouble is den that most of our fans will say get behind the team. The moment was lost many moon ago when we could possibly have evoked change, but we were not united and will suffer further for it.

Yes, I agree. I’ve been critical of those fans as well, but I’ll say this on their behalf (not that it’s really my business) - rovers and Venkys have driven the message home to all of us over ten years that there’s nothing we can do to change anything. The owners are totally deaf to any criticism. Some fans are as angry as hell, some just turn a deaf ear to it and just want to watch them on a Saturday afternoon.

my main point is a simple one really. If nothing changes, the club will go to the wall. What’s happening with finances, with attendances just isn’t viable. 

and there’s no sign of anything changing. Nothing at all.

Edited by den
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, den said:

Yes, I agree. I’ve been critical of those fans as well, but I’ll say this on their behalf (not that it’s really my business) - rovers and Venkys have driven the message home to all of us over ten years that there’s nothing we can do to change anything. The owners are totally deaf to any criticism. Some fans are as angry as hell, some just turn a deaf ear to it and just want to watch them on a Saturday afternoon.

my main point is a simple one really. If nothing changes, the club will go to the wall. What’s happening with finances, with attendances just isn’t viable. 

and there’s no sign of anything changing. Nothing at all.

Was it Andy Cole who said from day one 'they will asset strip the club', well that's exactly what has happened. It won't change because they don't want it too, sad, depressing and there is nothing we can do.

In venkys eyes, ignorance is bliss.  They've always done things their way and no one will tell them otherwise.  Meanwhile the true heart of the club, the fans, suffer.  We will always be in this mess as long as they are in charge.  Mowbray is a huge symptom but they are the cause. 

On 04/11/2021 at 05:17, den said:

I'm too old for this. I've spent a lost decade hoping things will get better. They have ruined my and many others later years.

It will not improve, well at least in my lifetime whilst the Pune trash own us, but I wish younger generations well.

I wish nothing but ill on our owners and all the chancers and crooks they have and will continue to employ.

May they all go to hell in a handcart. I would not piss on any of them if they were on fire.

• Like 6

Yeah, venkys are innocent and without them the club would go into admin and no club has ever survived admin. Tony Mowbray is an innocent man and must be given more time, we have to be realistic that no one could be doing any better than he. His coaching staff wouldn't look out of place at juventus. And Steve waggott is a highly experienced, skilled, intelligent football administrator Re who has the clubs best interests at heart. 

Nothing to see here whatsoever 🤔 

• Like 8