BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

What a mess this club is.

4 hours ago, broadsword said:

Yeah, venkys are innocent and without them the club would go into admin and no club has ever survived admin. Tony Mowbray is an innocent man and must be given more time, we have to be realistic that no one could be doing any better than he. His coaching staff wouldn't look out of place at juventus. And Steve waggott is a highly experienced, skilled, intelligent football administrator Re who has the clubs best interests at heart. 

Nothing to see here whatsoever 🤔 

You've lifted that straight from facebook where all the level headed fans live apparently 😵

About 1 in 20 who actually bother to attend or watch the games instead of just replying to the managers spin. Without much idea what is really going on.

• Like 1

A hugely fractious and divided fan base...this is what Venkys have gifted us this coming season of good will.

Some of those comments leave me cold and bereft,the future supporters?...this Club will never be the same again as we once fondly remembered it.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 4

I'm just curious why this is the only club in England that immediately goes bust the moment these wretched owners decide they've had enough.

I say that because countless football clubs have had financial difficulties, administration, changes in ownership over the years and those that have actually gone bust can be counted on one hand - Bury, Darlington, Chester.

The comparable clubs - Portsmouth, Leicester, Leeds, Middlesbrough, Bolton, Wigan, Derby, Southampton - all still going, have come through the bad times, still functioning. 

Why are we so different?

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm just curious why this is the only club in England that immediately goes bust the moment these wretched owners decide they've had enough.

I say that because countless football clubs have had financial difficulties, administration, changes in ownership over the years and those that have actually gone bust can be counted on one hand - Bury, Darlington, Chester.

The comparable clubs - Portsmouth, Leicester, Leeds, Middlesbrough, Bolton, Wigan, Derby, Southampton - all still going, have come through the bad times, still functioning. 

Why are we so different?

We aren't and we will survive.

I think people are under the impression, if Venky's pull the plug, they will want all of the money back, they have put in and that leaves us like Bury.

We would go into administration and someone would come along and buy us out. The key thing is ensuring that the someone, has the best interest  of the club at heart and another version of Venky's. 

Look at what happened at Bolton, who nearly got saddle with Bassini, bit someone so through that and despite his desperate attempts at stopping them, they were bought out, by a consortium, who look like they mean business.

My big fear is that this will carry on under Venky's for some time to come, as there is some sort of scam, still going on. Exactly how that looks currently is hard to tell, but the current situation, still has all the hallmarks of their first 2 years in charge, when we had agents at the trough and players leaving hand over fist, with new ones brought in to downgrade, rather than improved things. 

• Backroom
2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Why are we so different?

Leicester won the league after Administration and League One too.

• Like 3

On 13/11/2021 at 10:14, OldEwoodBlue said:

IMG-20211113-WA0001.jpg

People's frustration is understandable but.....

1) We are not dead. Very far from it in fact.

2) I know many people will disagree but imo a  Club being run badly is not reason for the footballing authorities to intervene. They almost might as well stick their oar in if a Club was doing too well and upsetting the applicant if that was the case.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, FortressEwood said:

Hysterical rubbish.

We are just outside the play offs with a young team, a good number of whom are from our own academy.

Get behind the lads instead of constantly moaning on here.

What about those of us who get behind the lads at every game? Are we allowed to moan on here?

Or are we not allowed opinions?

We've been in 7th before. Last January. Then came the 3rd worst run of results this club has ever seen. And in the last two weeks we've seen the worst result ever seen at Ewood.

Sorry if we expect better than one win in 4 games for the calendar year.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Riverside under the drip said:

You may be unaware that "Get behind the lads" was exactly the argument used in the Kean days to justify abusing other fans. It indicates a mind unable to grasp shades of grey, instead latching on to a catchy phrase.

You may also be unaware that many people can 'get behind the lads' at Ewood whilst believing Venkys to be the worst owners Rovers have ever had. I and many others here hold a season ticket. We see the falling attendances, we hear the mutterings of the manager, we read the latest examples of poor pricing from the club.

We understand where we are and we dare to dream of better.

The mess they are apparently saving us from is a mess of their making. If someone pushes you into a pile of s**t then pulls your head up slightly, do you thank them for not letting you choke/drown?

Blimey, I'm with you.

To be honest, I thought "Get behind the lads FFS" was ironic -to apply to those who accept the unacceptable . 

Personally, I can back the team on a match day, whilst remaining highly critical of the way the club has been mismanaged.

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, FortressEwood said:

Hysterical rubbish.

We are just outside the play offs with a young team, a good number of whom are from our own academy.

Get behind the lads instead of constantly moaning on here.

Maybe the other way of looking at it is that many people are deeply unhappy and concerned about this club and its future and will express that unhappiness despite being in a reasonable league position. 

Goes to show that dissatisfaction with our revolting owners goes way beyond matchday results or the XI lads who pull on the shirt on matchday. It also goes above and beyond the age of players in the team or whether they have come from the academy.

If we were bottom of the league now and people were doing this the argument would be that the only reason they were moaning about Venkys is because we were struggling on the pitch. 

As far as I'm concerned this club is heading for the abyss whilst these people remain in control. It is a matter of when not if. I'll give Mowbray some credit here - he is overachieving at present IMO (shame about the last 3 seasons) and is keeping the club ticking over but we are on the precipice for as long as negligent owners remain and employ substandard administrators. 

Keep on losing season ticket holders by the thousands - where does the club end up?

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Let’s remember the John Williams letter to Venkys revealed:

”it had been made clear they (the board) would have no input into the club’s transfer window strategy and they described this as ‘unacceptable’ and ‘not in the best interests of the club’.

The letter revealed manager Steve Kean was no longer required to report to the board on transfer matters.

It also called for Mrs Desai to explain to the board the role played at the time by the SEM agency – headed by agent Jerome Anderson – in the club’s transfer policy.”

Unless people are foolish enough to believe Venkys were handling transfer policy directly themselves, that’s not badly run. That’s against FA rules and is certainly a reason for the authorities to intervene.

I think some people have forgotten what went on. In some quarters, the reappearance of some fan made banners, has gone down badly, particularly on Twitter. People seem to have swallowed the badly advised line. 
Certain people have torn the heart out of our club. The FA were given plenty of evidence to support wrong doing at the club and as the banner stated, the FA allowed us to die, by doing FA about it.

I speed read some of Glen Mullans blog this weekend to remind myself of some of it and I am aware of more than most.

The people at Kentaro and Crescendo we’re far too cosy with the FA for them to want to investigate. 
Serious things have come out recently, about the people at the very top of world football and although plenty were happy to cover these up to, we are now seeing what has gone on.

Far too many greedy people have got away with far too much, but I believe, it will eventually come out.

In the meantime, for those who want to swallow the badly advised line, carry on, as I for one, never have and never will trust these owners,

• Like 6