BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

What a mess this club is.

9 minutes ago, lraC said:

I can't make my min up, if buying the STC is a good or a bad thing, to be honest. 

It is strange how they carry on regardless though, but surely even they must have a cut off point?

Well I don't know about the cut off point but they keep putting the money in up to yet

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes alot of clubs have changed hands since then but we were very attractive club back then. 

Maybe Walkers family should have waited before selling us. 

Make no mistake,a certain amount of blame does lay at the feet of the Walker Trust and Jack's offspring...they could not wait to get their hands on the Cash from what was virtually a fire sale.

Jack gifted them an inheritance but none had the vision or interest..they would have been rolling in it if they had kept at the helm with a cool Head just that bit longer.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

20 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

You do know that you can ‘moan’ about the club on brfcs, to your dad, to your pals, in your house, in the pub, at the office…

and still get ‘behind the lads’ at Ewood or away from home, crazy ay!

Only if you go.

There are a number of self confessed stay aways on here who constantly criticise. Mowbray may not be your manager of choice, with different owners he may not be mine, but he has steadied the ship.

The abuse and name calling levelled at him from this forum is embarrasing to say the least.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FortressEwood said:

Only if you go.

There are a number of self confessed stay aways on here who constantly criticise. Mowbray may not be your manager of choice, with different owners he may not be mine, but he has steadied the ship.

The abuse and name calling levelled at him from this forum is embarrasing to say the least.

It is not abuse, it is expressing an opinion, which we are all entitled to do. If you think that Mowbray is a good manager for the Rovers, again that is an opinion that you are entitled to. The amount of games anyone attends does not make their opinion anymore correct. It is still just an opinion. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Jack Walker was a Rovers fan. Did you forget that?

I would like any new owner to have some connection to the club. But there is alot more I would know about his background, does he owned sports teams/clubs or has done in the past, financial background, how are funding the club? are they using their own money or borrowing it? plus alot more questions aswel

why would Venkys put the club into administration when most of debt is owned to them plus they lose control of club which they wouldn't do. 

Jack Walker was one in a million.

I never said that Venkys will put us into administration, I was merely pointing out that this myth that is often peddled by Venkys apologists that we would become like Bury without them is absolute horse shit.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FortressEwood said:

Only if you go.

When someone goes beyond their sell by date and starts talking tripe on a regular basis these things happen.

That's football it's no different at most other clubs.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Make no mistake,a certain amount of blame does lay at the feet of the Walker Trust and Jack's offspring...they could not wait to get their hands on the Cash from what was virtually a fire sale.

Jack gifted them an inheritance but none had the vision or interest..they would have been rolling in it if they had kept at the helm with a cool Head just that bit longer.

Not sure I should be posting this but one of my closest friends was employed as company accountant for one of Mr. Walkers sons / son in law, not sure tbh but they were part of Walkers Trust. 

He told me about an amount of money spent on a single family holiday. Eye watering to say the least. 

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Jack Walker was a Rovers fan. Did you forget that?

I would like any new owner to have some connection to the club. But there is alot more I would know about his background, does he owned sports teams/clubs or has done in the past, financial background, how are funding the club? are they using their own money or borrowing it? plus alot more questions aswel

why would Venkys put the club into administration when most of debt is owned to them plus they lose control of club which they wouldn't do. 

Really? Wow, you learn something new every day.

1 hour ago, FortressEwood said:

Only if you go.

At any other club in the top 4 divisions, TM would have gone after our worst run of results in history. I guess you were born in 1996?

1 hour ago, FortressEwood said:

Only if you go.

I sincerely hope you have never had a performance review in any job then! Criticism of a job badly done or where improvements are needed is not the same as abuse. 

Or maybe it's where he is called a liar or duplicitous - perhaps that's the abuse you are referring to? After all, saying fans expect 95 is clearly referenced in so many places. Perish the thought that any of his statements are ever scrutinised and examined. 

I think this is a real issue - that Rovers fans are perceived as abusing rather than justifiably criticising. In fact the latter has totally become extinct in some quarters which is a very worrying situation. 

Edited by Blue blood
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Not sure I should be posting this but one of my closest friends was employed as company accountant for one of Mr. Walkers sons / son in law, not sure tbh but they were part of Walkers Trust. 

He told me about an amount of money spent on a single family holiday. Eye watering to say the least. 

I used to help out a friend occasionally who'd started a van dealership and i delivered a fridge van to a company in Dundee. The boss there offered to drop me at the train station when i was making my way back and we got chatting and the conversation turned to football. 

Once he heard i was a Rovers fan he said he played golf regularly with some of the Walker offspring 'they turn up in a helicopter just for a knock, they are crazily wealthy'

This would be around 03/4 ish, so post Jack and i think it kind of sums them up. Living the high life off someone else's graft.

• Like 2

Blackburn Rovers since the take over by the Venkys has been run by agents(scum) and in a way that is in the best interests of those agents(scum). 

Getting promoted to the Premier league probably isn't in their best interests as it would attract premier league level scrutiny of everything that goes on at the club. 

(just my thoughts & opinion obviously🙄

Is that about right? 

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

So fans can criticise the club/owners/execs when away from Ewood and still ‘get behind the lads’, then?

Anyone would think you were just trolling last night…

Oh what a surprise. Someone appears on BRFCS and offers an opinion which doesn't fit in, and the trolling card comes out.

The self-importance on here is mind blowing. Once again the site regulars are tut-tutting the Twitter responses to the recent banner stunt - but once again the content from Twitter had to be pasted in to this forum. 

Normal, mainstream Rovers fans that I speak to think that this place is the lunatic fringe, and I can see why. Alternative opinions not tolerated, new posters unwelcome.

That double poll to sack Mowbray and Waggott that someone started on here the day after the 7-0 Fulham disaster - it's struggled to 120 votes in 10 days 😂

This site and its groupthink messaging will remain a total irrelevance if not even 2% of the current diminished ST base can be bothered to press one voting button after that embarrassment, and don't even look at the % if the lapsed stayaways get factored in. 

The more you chase alternative opinions away from this website, the more marginalised and less relevant it will become.

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, Ben Frost said:

Oh what a surprise. Someone appears on BRFCS and offers an opinion which doesn't fit in, and the trolling card comes out.

The self-importance on here is mind blowing. Once again the site regulars are tut-tutting the Twitter responses to the recent banner stunt - but once again the content from Twitter had to be pasted in to this forum. 

Normal, mainstream Rovers fans that I speak to think that this place is the lunatic fringe, and I can see why. Alternative opinions not tolerated, new posters unwelcome.

That double poll to sack Mowbray and Waggott that someone started on here the day after the 7-0 Fulham disaster - it's struggled to 120 votes in 10 days 😂

This site and its groupthink messaging will remain a total irrelevance if not even 2% of the current diminished ST base can be bothered to press one voting button after that embarrassment, and don't even look at the % if the lapsed stayaways get factored in. 

The more you chase alternative opinions away from this website, the more marginalised and less relevant it will become.

Redefining the word 'abuse' isn't a different opinion, it's just a shitty thing to do.

The poster didn't even offer any 'alternative opinion'. Rather like you, they just slagged off everyone else for daring to have their opinions.

If someone actually came out and said 'Whatever you think of Mowbray, he has us over-performing and it might just be worth seeing if he can finally get us a playoff spot', they'd be debated but certainly not 'chased away'.

Do you know how I know that? Because several posters (I count 3 minimum) have said similar and they still post. Go figure.

But then it's better to not let the truth get in the way of a good slagging off of this site, eh?

It's notable that the poster joined on the day John Park joined Rovers, and wished him well, but has since then made only 3 other posts, none of any substance, telling us what a shit site this is.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Ben Frost said:

Jockeys mum then?

I don’t think anyone thinks we’ll definitely go into administration if Venkys leave but based on the 19/20 season numbers our revenue was lower than Barnsley’s. Our wage to turnover ratio was 189% … I can’t imagine it’s improved since then.

If they do leave what will happen? We will need to drastically cut our budgets on pretty much everything. We’re utterly reliant on Venky’s money in order to spend money on players like Brero and Arma and wages for players like Ayala. We’re reliant on them to upkeep the academy and probably a myriad of other things we don’t regularly see.

Are they responsible for getting us into a situation where our revenue streams are so low in the first place? 100%. But it doesn’t change the reality of the situation. 

A lot of fans see that and appreciate that we are still able to invest money in players, bring in good young players on loan and have a quality academy to promote players from. We have it better than a lot of clubs out there.

The truth is that we’ve gone from the greatest, most passionate football owner in Jack Walker to a group of inexperienced, incompetent but (maybe) well intentioned owners in the Venkys. No owner will ever be enough and will never match Jack Walker or his legacy.

But personally I have enjoyed the Mowbray era for the most part and I have been enjoying this season and am choosing to stay positive about our chances even though I know we’ve been there many times before already. 

No idea why Frosty always seems to quote me when he decides to do his fortnightly emergence.

I’ve absolutely no issue with folk having other opinions. For one, I’m not particularly anti Mowbray, he is what he is and will not be going anywhere, so he can crack on. I do think Waggott is a poor Chief Exec and I’ll say so, largely because this club could and should be doing much more commercially- if that’s ‘negative’, then so be it.

As he says, this place is certainly not the mainstream when it comes to Rovers opinions, and I have always agreed with that sentiment.

However, I stand by the post he quoted, anybody can criticise whoever and whatever they want on message boards, in pubs and the like and still ‘get behind the lads’ at the ground. Wanting the best for a club isn’t just merely clapping lads in blue and white shirts every other week.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

Quite hypocritical. I mean, if I post my opinion of TM in FB groups or on Twitter, I get rounded on. Perhaps have a word with them about accepting others opinions.

As Mike said, you or the other guy have not even gave an opinion - just come on here to have a go at everyone. 

• Moderation Lead
12 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

Well, both of those things are just lies.

There are plenty of people with different views that post regularly. New posters of all views are welcome and always have been, in fact it’s something that is encouraged.

What isn’t encouraged is simply slagging off everyone for having a different opinion, which is what you yourself are doing, and are also criticising posters on here for doing?

Why spend any time somewhere that you clearly don’t like?

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

ei! but 100+ votes in favour of sacking against just a few not in favour still tells a picture. Especially when that poll was made by a person that is relatively new to this forum(me!) and this forum only really has a few dozen that post here on a very regularly basis, so it does show that people that wouldn't normally actually interact on the site have actually done on the poll. 

people like you just represent the few thousand heads buried in the sand fanatics. where as the opinions on this site i find tend to more represent the 10s of thousands that have stopped going under the venks, etc... or do go but have to sit and grimace becasue if they say what they think and feel whilst sat in the stands they get met with verbal abuse and threats from nasty fantaics. Those fans who actually have emotions, principles and minds of their own and just cant bare the heartache of seeing what the clubs become over the last 10 years only have sites like this where they can get there thoughts across without being threatened. 

Would Jack Walker support Mowbray  after the last 2 years results and final league placings? would he bollocks, hed also have sent hom packing the second he started criticising and deliberately antagonising the clubs own fans.

And as for Waggot and the cretinous agents tge clubs in bed with etc... Im certain Jack Walker wouldn't even let a penny of the clubs money go there way(let alone employ them) 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 3