BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

What a mess this club is.

27 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Even if it came straight from madames mouth to my own face, I'd still believe she was lying.

You're probably right - she has previous!

Have we actually heard from her since she made these comments ?

November 26 2010
Venky's chairwoman Anuradha Desai: 
'We want results and Sam has taken up the challenge. He deserves a chance.
To this end, the group have promised manager Allardyce funds to spend in 
the January transfer window.'

December 13 2010
Sam Allardyce sacked.
Desai told the Lancashire Telegraph: 
'The fans should trust us because this is in the best interests of the club.'
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gav said:

You said that to me in 2012, then again in 2015, it’s embarrassing to be frank.

These new constructive talks and nobody knew about the training ground being moved off the balance sheet? 

Posters on this board are not stupid, but you’re treating them as such…

I don't remember telling you anything of the sort in 2012 and 2015 but if you'd care to be more specific about what I allegedly said to you either on here or via p.m. then I'm prepared to stand corrected.

I also think your last paragraph is completely uncalled for but you're entitled to that opinion if that's what you think.

What is it you don't believe, that certain people haven't actually held what on the face of it appear to be constructive talks with the Club and we're making it all up or are you saying for a fact  they've been lied to?

Edited by RevidgeBlue

38 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't remember telling you anything of the sort in 2012 and 2015 but if you'd care to be more specific about what I allegedly to you either on here or via p.m. then I'm prepared to stand corrected.

I also think your last paragraph is completely uncalled for but you're entitled to that opinion if that's what you think.

What is it you don't believe, that certain people haven't actually held what on the face of it appear to be constructive talks with the Club and we're making it all up or are you saying for a fact  they've been lied to?

Have you or have you not supported the owners since the day they took over?

You've told me several times "They'll come good Gav, you'll see" and here we are 10yrs later and the clubs never been in a more dire state, how long will it take for you to wake up to the reality? 

I don't believe the owners have changed, they're not capable and they don't take advice from locals, that horse has been ridden many many times and always ends the same way.

I'm not criticizing people for trying, but I am criticizing you for trying to paint a rosy picture for the future under these owners and blaming everyone but Venkys themselves, wake up Rev.

Edited by Gav

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So we're taking lectures on how Mowbray is being unfairly criticised from someone who's boycotting? 

Makes sense.

Nah, it was a dig at Jackanory's profile. 

Fortress Ewood is the one and only true supporter. The rest are pretenders.

Get with the program. 

Just need another 20k like him and we're laughing. I think that's the message. 

• Like 4

On 15/11/2021 at 17:29, FortressEwood said:

Only if you go.

There are a number of self confessed stay aways on here who constantly criticise. Mowbray may not be your manager of choice, with different owners he may not be mine, but he has steadied the ship.

The abuse and name calling levelled at him from this forum is embarrasing to say the least.

As much as I can't stand Mowbray, I do get a little uncomfortable if anyone refers to his physical appearance and calls him "the gunning idiot" or whatever. However I genuinely think there is very little of that and that the vast majority of the criticism aimed at him relates solely  to his performance as manager of the football Club.

Why do you think that isn't fair game?

"Steadied the ship?" from where I'm stood over his tenure he's got us into so much difficulty with FFP the owners had to give the Club  £16m for an asset they already owned to prevent the training facilities being sold for housing and also had to sell  sell Armstrong to avoid sanctions being imposed.

And despite having the considerable luxury of signing Players for £7m and £5m and being able to run the wage budget at 187% of turnover due to the owners financial support he hasn't even delivered a top 10 finish let alone a genuine tilt at the play offs.

He also led us to the third worst sequence of results in our 146 year history last season. And a club record home defeat the other week.  Oh and if that wasn't enough, most if not all of our better players look set to leave for either nothing or for considerably less than their true worth.

If that's him "steadying the ship" I'd hate to see it when he destabalises it.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 5

I had no idea that the fans were so divided.

Sounds like there are a lot of people who are in the midst of Stockholm syndrome. Then there are a lot of die hards and people who have kept going because that's just what they do and have always done.

Then there are those of us who chosen to go down the avenue of non participation in whatever the fuck it is that Venkys have going on here.

It's incredibly stupid to be calling people names and giving them grief because they are either going to watch the games or are not going. Especially on a Blackburn Rovers forum. We wouldn't be signed up here if we weren't all Rovers fans.

It's not like Venkys took over and all of a sudden we all went out and bought Burnley shirts. We are all still Rovers fans and want to see the team doing well.

I for one support any action that sheds light on what is and has been going on behind the scenes at Blackburn Rovers. I think there needs to be renewed efforts in investigating these events and we need to always remember why we are where we are.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

I had no idea that the fans were so divided.

Sounds like there are a lot of people who are in the midst of Stockholm syndrome. Then there are a lot of die hards and people who have kept going because that's just what they do and have always done.

Then there are those of us who chosen to go down the avenue of non participation in whatever the fuck it is that Venkys have going on here.

It's incredibly stupid to be calling people names and giving them grief because they are either going to watch the games or are not going. Especially on a Blackburn Rovers forum. We wouldn't be signed up here if we weren't all Rovers fans.

It's not like Venkys took over and all of a sudden we all went out and bought Burnley shirts. We are all still Rovers fans and want to see the team doing well.

I for one support any action that sheds light on what is and has been going on behind the scenes at Blackburn Rovers. I think there needs to be renewed efforts in investigating these events and we need to always remember why we are where we are.

I was also reflecting today that the fanbase is fairly divided. I'd categorise it as follows.

The first group seems to be one which looks at the League table,  says "oh we're seventh this week" and doesn't really pay much attention to or indeed care what's happening down at the Club on a day to day basis. All this group are bothered about is going to the games and supporting the team on the pitch and having a good day out at the game be it home or away. This group are also likely to be of the viewpoint of "what can we expect, we're only a town team" and don't seem overly bothered whether we're successful or not. 

The second group (which I would belong to) think the last eleven years have been abysmal especially in light of the fact we have some of the wealthiest owners in football. That notwithstanding  this group prefer the pragmatic view that even at this stage if we were properly run on the ground we'd have a far greater chance of success with the owners financial backing as well than without it. A proportion of the supporters in this Category will nonetheless have probably  dropped off in the last couple of years thanks to the antics of Messrs Mowbray and Waggott.

The third group consists of fans who were so alienated by the early years that they feel we will never succeed with Venky's as our owners no matter what. This group are also seemingly unable to accept you can't change the past and won't accept that although it was "criminal" what went on at first In the sense that it shouldn't have been allowed to happen, nothing "criminal" happened at the Club in the sense of being against the law. The majority of this group probably boycotted at a relatively early stage of Venky's ownership after relegation from the Premier League.

Will any of the differing factions ever see eye to eye? The only thing I think that will come close to doing it is a period of sustained success on the pitch.

• Like 1

On 15/11/2021 at 23:49, Ben Frost said:

That double poll to sack Mowbray and Waggott that someone started on here the day after the 7-0 Fulham disaster - it's struggled to 120 votes in 10 days 😂

The more you chase alternative opinions away from this website, the more marginalised and less relevant it will become.

Or maybe, just maybe, the fact that just 13 of the 227 votes cast were in favour of Waggott and Mowbray indicates that they are indeed shit?

Must say that for a site you consider to be so marginalised, extreme and irrelevant you must nevertheless be an avid reader of it to steam straight in with a "like" as soon as someone contributed a post which aligned with your own view.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I was also reflecting today that the fanbase is fairly divided. I'd categorise it as follows.

The first group seems to be one which looks at the League table,  says "oh we're seventh this week" and doesn't really pay much attention to or indeed care what's happening down at the Club on a day to day basis. All this group are bothered about is going to the games and supporting the team on the pitch and having a good day out at the game be it home or away. This group are also likely to be of the viewpoint of "what can we expect, we're only a town team" and don't seem overly bothered whether we're successful or not. 

The second group (which I would belong to) think the last eleven years have been abysmal especially in light of the fact we have some of the wealthiest owners in football. That notwithstanding  this group prefer the pragmatic view that even at this stage if we were properly run on the ground we'd have a far greater chance of success with the owners financial backing as well than without it. A proportion of the supporters in this Category will nonetheless have probably  dropped off in the last couple of years thanks to the antics of Messrs Mowbray and Waggott.

The third group consists of fans who were so alienated by the early years that they feel we will never succeed with Venky's as our owners no matter what. This group are also seemingly unable to accept you can't change the past and won't accept that although it was "criminal" what went on at first In the sense that it shouldn't have been allowed to happen, nothing "criminal" happened at the Club in the sense of being against the law. The majority of this group probably boycotted at a relatively early stage of Venky's ownership after relegation from the Premier League.

Will any of the differing factions ever see eye to eye? The only thing I think that will come close to doing it is a period of sustained success on the pitch.

That is a fair assessment.

The three groups need to stop being so militant in their views, I do find it quite childish and embarrassing.

As for any hopes of investment in the club, I doubt that will ever happen in a meaningful way. It hasn't happened in the last eleven years and doesn't look as though it's happening in the near future. The owners reportedly put in 20 million a year to cover the club's losses. However, the only reason the club is incurring such heavy losses is because of the owners. The money they put in every year is the bear minimum, any less would see the lights being turned off.

The club is in huge debt, 150 million of which is owed to Venkys. I'm not sure how that can be so some explanation from someone who understands this sort of stuff is much welcomed as I am genuinely curios about this. The way this looks to me is that they haven't put in any money at all as they have just transferred more debt to the club.

Although Ewood is not the wild wild west that it was 11 years ago there still seems to be something strange about the way in which Venkys use the club. All the club does is apparently lose tens of millions a year which the owners have to pay the balance of. They have no intentions to sell, take advice or appoint competent and skilled people to run the club properly. So the question still remains and that is why?

Given their previous involvement with agents and all the rest of it I am left with nothing other than feeling of suspicion towards them.

The owners of Blackburn Rovers Football Club are liars and should not be trusted. Ever.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Interesting and although I can see where the three groups come from, there are people, in the third group I suspect, who still go.

The nothing criminal happened at the club, can be successfully argued, as no one has ever been prosecuted. However, if someone knowingly supplied me with sub standard goods, took a huge amount more commission than they were entitled too and then went to the media, crying that it wasn’t his fault that the goods were sub standard, I would be pretty keen to sue. If said person was slippery enough to get away with it, does that mean I wasn’t wronged, or that he was just a bit cleverer than me?

Add to that, the probable lying in court, about being the victim of drinks being spiked, instead of just admitting your mistakes and there you probably have two.

I could use many more examples of criminal behaviour, shall we say and of course, so did certain people at Fifa, when allegedly bribery was going on. Look where next years World Cup ended up!!! With billions at stake, clever people sometimes get away with things. 
For what it’s worth, I am not a boycotter.

54 minutes ago, lraC said:

Interesting and although I can see where the three groups come from, there are people, in the third group I suspect, who still go.

The nothing criminal happened at the club, can be successfully argued, as no one has ever been prosecuted. However, if someone knowingly supplied me with sub standard goods, took a huge amount more commission than they were entitled too and then went to the media, crying that it wasn’t his fault that the goods were sub standard, I would be pretty keen to sue. If said person was slippery enough to get away with it, does that mean I wasn’t wronged, or that he was just a bit cleverer than me?

Add to that, the probable lying in court, about being the victim of drinks being spiked, instead of just admitting your mistakes and there you probably have two.

I could use many more examples of criminal behaviour, shall we say and of course, so did certain people at Fifa, when allegedly bribery was going on. Look where next years World Cup ended up!!! With billions at stake, clever people sometimes get away with things. 
For what it’s worth, I am not a boycotter.

Agree with most of your post but the scenario outlined in the second paragraph would be a Civil dispute not a Criminal matter.

There's no doubt the Club and therefore the owners had their pants pulled down by various agents but that's your own fault for being gullible, it isn't a Police matter.

I’d say the vast majority of match going fans are now in group 1. Very rarely do you hear anything remotely anti Venky’s at Ewood and I’ve never known a manager as Teflon coated as TM, since perhaps, Mark Hughes and he was an actual top class manager. Just imagine the crowds reaction to a 7-0 home defeat under Sam or the late days of Souness or even as recently as Bowyer.

For me that one season in L1 has lowered expectations markedly across the fanbase, now even sharing a division with the likes of West Brom is seen as success and plodding along like this year after year is fine, ‘what else do you expect?, ‘who else we gonna get?’, ‘Bury!’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

16 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

At best.

I'd expect to see significant changes at the end of this season and things moving very much in the right direction by the end of next.

They say its the hope that kills you. Sorry Revidge but we've has false dawns before, usually about some group or other looking to buy the club.

Nothing ever happens.

Except that things continue to get worse of course.

I'll believe it only when I see it

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I’d say the vast majority of match going fans are now in group 1. Very rarely do you hear anything remotely anti Venky’s at Ewood and I’ve never known a manager as Teflon coated as TM, since perhaps, Mark Hughes and he was an actual top class manager. Just imagine the crowds reaction to a 7-0 home defeat under Sam or the late days of Souness or even as recently as Bowyer.

For me that one season in L1 has lowered expectations markedly across the fanbase, now even sharing a division with the likes of West Brom is seen as success and plodding along like this year after year is fine, ‘what else do you expect?, ‘who else we gonna get?’, ‘Bury!’.

I think the vast majority of fans are realistic, they're more than aware of the neglect and dumbing down thats been going on since 2011, its all around them on match days, in the empty pubs and across the large swathes of empty seating week in week out. 

We have the smallest inexperienced squad I can ever remember, we have more debt hovering over the club that we've ever had and the training ground has just been removed from the balance sheet, its hardly a model built for success.

The majority of fans are happy plodding along, I'm one of them, can you change my mind and point to anything that would give me cause for optimism? A way in which we can challenge the likes of West Brom who had around £20m worth of players sat on the bench earlier this season at Ewood? 

It probably is fairly realistic to see this incarnation of Blackburn Rovers plodding about in the second division, but then it was pre L1 relegation too as the club was still a mess then (maybe an even bigger one), but there was still an anger and impatience around the place - Bowyer, Lambert, Coyle all getting plenty of heat for poor results.

Now there is just a collective shrug. Of course it’s all due to a decade of chronic mismanagement grinding everybody down - so I’ll take any claims of ‘new dawns’ with a gigantic pinch of salt.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

From the carrotts being dangled by some posters it appears that Venkys are going nowhere but there will be changes to the management stucture. Again hypothesising but the only assumption I can make is that Waggott and Mowbray will be amongst the ones to go. Now how ridiculous and unprofessional is it that this information has been passed on to supporters? If it's correct it's another example of how poor our owners are sums up the last eleven years.

Again I stress that these are my assumptions.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Agree with most of your post but the scenario outlined in the second paragraph would be a Civil dispute not a Criminal matter.

There's no doubt the Club and therefore the owners had their pants pulled down by various agents but that's your own fault for being gullible, it isn't a Police matter.

Fair enough, although the FIFA thing with Blatter and Plattini seems to be going that way.