BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

PLAYER WATCH v Fulham...........PART TWO!

PLAYER WATCH v Fulham

Each incident in the match was rated on the following scale:

+5 GOAL

+4 Excellent play

+3 Very good play

+2 Nice/good play

+1 Decent play

0 Routine stuff

-1 Sloppy play

-2 Disappointing/poor play

-3 Very poor play

-4 Terrible play

-5 Own goal

The ratings for each player were then combined to produce a measure of the players overall contribution to the match.

Ratings      

Key incidents per player = coloured stars              Overall contribution = number

Kaminski                    ******  *****     7                                 

Nyambe                      *************** ********     9

Lenihan                         ************   ****     15

van Hecke  (32)        **   ***     -3

Edun                               ***********  **********     -2

Johnson                        ************  ***     9 

Travis                             *************  ****     14

Buckley                         ***  ***     3

Rothwell (61)              ********  ********     -2  

Dolan (61)                    ******  *****     3

Diaz                               ***  *******     -7

Carter (32)                 ****  ****     1

JRC (61)                       ****  ***     2

Butterworth (61)       **     -5

Highlights and Lowlights

(A justification for the main ratings given above)

I wasn’t going to do this but decided it was my duty! It’s the most difficult one I’ve done because so many players were culpable for the goals that it was hard to allocate blame. But I tried my best! Let me know what you think!

03  Johnson passes straight to Mitrovic on halfway who notices that Kaminski is off his line and tries a long shot. Off-target fortunately. (Pathetic, half-hearted attempt by van Hecke to block by the way.)

Rothwell picks up a loose ball and runs towards the box, he lays off to Edun near the byline but his cross is too close to the keeper.

05  Good, robust  challenge by Nyambe wins the ball from Kebano but Rothwell presents the ball back to Fulham with a woeful short pass. They sweep it out to the wing and Reid drives it to the line where he goes past Rothwell with ease and Edun is scared to put a foot in inside the box. Reid puts the ball on a plate for Kebano, near the penalty spot, who gleefully smashes it into the net.

07  Unnecessary risky play around our own box as Fulham put on the press and inevitably Edun gives it away. After many Fulham passes Edun makes a good interception to win the ball back.

10  Decent long ball down the channel from Lenihan but Diaz is offside.

12  Blimey, they’re passing us to death at the moment!

16  Nyambe is done comprehensively by Kebano near the corner flag and the cross comes in. van Hecke hoofs away. But it comes back! Fulham are tearing us apart around the box until Rothwell gets a foot in and a foul on Buckley halts the torment!

17  Impressive attack down the Fulham left but Lenihan is in place at the near post to intercept the cross for a corner.

18  The corner comes in to the near post and Mitrovic swats Nyambe aside to smash his header into the net. What’s that all about? Why put Nyambe on the most dangerous header in the opposition team. Who made that decision? Mowbray before the game or was it the captain’s decision on the field? Dumb!

19 Travis to Nyambe on the wing and he plays a nice ball to Dolan just to the right of the box. Dolan wriggles into the box but his shot is weak and straight at the keeper. Disappointing finish.

23  Travis wins the ball half way in the Fulham half and passes to Buckley who slides a lovely pass through to Diaz inside the box, tight on the right, but his shot, from that angle and distance, is ambitious and well over.

29  van Hecke leaps and attempts to decapitate the Fulham man. Dearie me! Red card all day long. It’s a nightmare from here!

Buckley off, Carter on! I’m not sure I would have taken off our most creative player in these circumstances but there you are!

34  We haven’t touched the ball since the re-start.

Kebano beats Nyambe again and puts in a flat cross which Lenihan intercepts for a corner as Mitrovic hovered.

38  More neat play from Fulham and this time it’s Nyambe who blocks the cross at the expense of a corner.

41  Neat footwork as Edun beats his man and launches a long ball down the wing but Diaz is offside. That’s hard to forgive as we aren’t creating much and to waste it like that…………….

43  Deja vu. Just like the first goal but this time it’s Wilson who drives to the line and it’s Edun who is done all over before Wilson lays it on the penalty spot and Reed fires at goal. This time Kaminski makes an excellent save. Should be 0-3.

44  Lenihan is caught stranded upfield and Fulham stream forward. Mitrovic runs into the box and Kaminski saves his shot. This time Nyambe out-muscles Kebano and comes away with the loose ball.

Half time.

46  Good long run out of defence by Edun, he passes to Dolan and heads for the Fulham D but the return pass is poor and the keeper collects. 

This is weird; the keeper boots the ball to halfway and Rothwell gets into a minor physical tussle with Wilson and the Fulham man comes away with the ball. Instead of chasing him down Rothwell stands there with his arms spread, complaining pathetically, while Wilson spots Kaminski off his line again and tries his luck. Kaminski scrambles back in vain but luckily the shot, from halfway, is a couple of metres wide. Fulham have obviously talked about Kaminski’s habit of pushing up, he needs to be more careful!

49  A long ball from Lenihan reaches Dolan with the help of Johnson and hares away towards the box. He tries to lay off a short pass to Diaz but again it’s not good enough. Diaz was offside anyway!

50  Fulham the first to every ball.

Mitrovic receives the ball in the middle of our half and there’s no one anywhere near him! He puts a perfect through ball into the box for Reid to chase but Kaminski saves the shot. LUCKY!

52  Poor passes from Johnson and Rothwell stunt all momentum as Fulham continue to pass it around with confidence. They stroll through midfield with ease, Travis and Lenihan fail to stop them and Robinson fires wide from inside the box. A bad miss!

53  Carter and Lenihan are defending high up the pitch and Carter is drawn well into the Fulham half. Mitrovic leaves him stranded with a wonderful crossfield ball to Wilson on the opposite wing. Wilson goes past Edun far too easily and nutmegs Kaminski and it’s 0-3.

Edun is holding his head in his hands.

55  Nice control by Travis and he finds Diaz just inside the box but he’s offside AGAIN!

57  Nyambe is dispossessed on halfway and a lovely ball through the middle of our defence creates chaos. Edun is drawn right across the field leaving Wilson completely unmarked on Fulham’s right. Mitrovic finds him in the box and he smashes the ball into the net.

59  Nice long ball from Lenihan finds Diaz on the wing and his header finds Edun in the box, he’s tackled near the byline but wins a corner.

61 Rothwell and Dolan off, Rankin-Costello and Butterworth on.

64  Edun wins the ball in midfield and runs forward, then finds Diaz on the wing with a lovely pass. Diaz crosses to Butterworth in the box but it’s intercepted.

Apart from rare sorties like this, Fulham are in complete control, different class.

69  We win a free-kick deep in the Fulham half. We send up the big guns but Diaz and Butterworth decide to take a short one and it falls to pieces and the free-kick is wasted! Lenihan and Carter trudge back. But we still have the ball, Diaz receives it near the right corner and beats 2 men and runs into the box. His attempted cross is cleared.

From the throw in there’s more neat footwork from Travis and JRC gets a decent cross in but Diaz’s header loops gently into the keeper’s hands.

73  Edun pulls back the winger by his neck. Yellow card.

77  Edun intercepts near our box but he then fouls a Fulham man….again around the neck! It’s a short free-kick and there’s some lovely inter-passing until Kebano gets it deep in the box. He turns so fast that Edun is left for dead and his deflected shot crashes into the net.

80  Fulham totally dominant. Kebano, with the ball, stationary on the wing teases Butterworth then darts past him to deliver a beautiful cross into the 6 yard box. Carter is done by Muniz who puts the ball in the net.

84  Fulham continue to give us a football lesson in all areas of the pitch. Kaminski has had to be agile a couple of times.

89  Reckless sliding challenge from JRC earns a yellow card. Neat football from Fulham again as they sweep the ball across the pitch. JRC is watching Robinson on the wing but allows himself to be drawn towards the ball and Robinson is away when the ball is switched wide. His cross is excellent but Lenihan and Carter have to do better as Muniz beats them to the ball and it’s 0-7. The humiliation is complete!

Edited by tonyoz
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, tonyoz said:

PLAYER WATCH v Fulham

Each incident in the match was rated on the following scale:

+5 GOAL

+4 Excellent play

+3 Very good play

+2 Nice/good play

+1 Decent play

0 Routine stuff

-1 Sloppy play

-2 Disappointing/poor play

-3 Very poor play

-4 Terrible play

-5 Own goal

The ratings for each player were then combined to produce a measure of the players overall contribution to the match.

Ratings      FIRST HALF ONLY

Key incidents per player = coloured stars              Overall contribution = number

Kaminski                    **  ***     2                                 

Nyambe                     ********** *****     7

Lenihan                      *****   **     6

van Hecke  (32)        **   ***     -3

Edun                           *******  *****     0

Johnson                     *******  *     5 

Travis                         *******  **     7

Buckley                     ***  ***     3

Rothwell                   ******  ****     2   

Dolan                        ****  **     5

Diaz                          *  ****     -4

Carter (32)                *     -1

Highlights and Lowlights

(A justification for the main ratings given above)

I wasn’t going to do this but decided it was my duty! It’s the most difficult one I’ve done because so many players were culpable for the goals that it was hard to allocate blame. But I tried my best! Let me know what you think!

03  Johnson passes straight to Mitrovic on halfway who notices that Kaminski is off his line and tries a long shot. Off-target fortunately. (Pathetic, half-hearted attempt by van Hecke to block by the way.)

Rothwell picks up a loose ball and runs towards the box, he lays off to Edun near the byline but his cross is too close to the keeper.

05  Good, robust  challenge by Nyambe wins the ball from Kebano but Rothwell presents the ball back to Fulham with a woeful short pass. They sweep it out to the wing and Reid drives it to the line where he goes past Rothwell with ease and Edun is scared to put a foot in inside the box. Reid puts the ball on a plate for Kebano, near the penalty spot, who gleefully smashes it into the net.

07  Unnecessary risky play around our own box as Fulham put on the press and inevitably Edun gives it away. After many Fulham passes Edun makes a good interception to win the ball back.

10  Decent long ball down the channel from Lenihan but Diaz is offside.

12  Blimey, they’re passing us to death at the moment!

16  Nyambe is done comprehensively by Kebano near the corner flag and the cross comes in. van Hecke hoofs away. But it comes back! Fulham are tearing us apart around the box until Rothwell gets a foot in and a foul on Buckley halts the torment!

17  Impressive attack down the Fulham left but Lenihan is in place at the near post to intercept the cross for a corner.

18  The corner comes in to the near post and Mitrovic swats Nyambe aside to smash his header into the net. What’s that all about? Why put Nyambe on the most dangerous header in the opposition team. Who made that decision? Mowbray before the game or was it the captain’s decision on the field? Dumb!

19 Travis to Nyambe on the wing and he plays a nice ball to Dolan just to the right of the box. Dolan wriggles into the box but his shot is weak and straight at the keeper. Disappointing finish.

23  Travis wins the ball half way in the Fulham half and passes to Buckley who slides a lovely pass through to Diaz inside the box, tight on the right, but his shot, from that angle and distance, is ambitious and well over.

29  van Hecke leaps and attempts to decapitate the Fulham man. Dearie me! Red card all day long. It’s a nightmare from here!

Buckley off, Carter on! I’m not sure I would have taken off our most creative player in these circumstances but there you are!

34  We haven’t touched the ball since the re-start.

Kebano beats Nyambe again and puts in a flat cross which Lenihan intercepts for a corner as Mitrovic hovered.

38  More neat play from Fulham and this time it’s Nyambe who blocks the cross at the expense of a corner.

41  Neat footwork as Edun beats his man and launches a long ball down the wing but Diaz is offside. That’s hard to forgive as we aren’t creating much and to waste it like that…………….

43  Deja vu. Just like the first goal but this time it’s Wilson who drives to the line and it’s Edun who is done all over before Wilson lays it on the penalty spot and Reed fires at goal. This time Kaminski makes an excellent save. Should be 0-3.

44  Lenihan is caught stranded upfield and Fulham stream forward. Mitrovic runs into the box and Kaminski saves his shot. This time Nyambe out-muscles Kebano and comes away with the loose ball.

Half time.

A nice bottle of red accompanied me through that ordeal but I've run out of steam. I'll do the second half if there's any demand.

Ha ha. Go for it. Don't let them off the hook 

• tonyoz changed the title to PLAYER WATCH v Fulham...........PART TWO!

Usually I enjoy it but I was looking forward to this match. It’s knocked my enthusiasm for the Sheffield game. I’ve watched all the games live so far but with your clocks going back the K.O. Is now 1 am here! I’ll see how I feel. 

Edited by tonyoz
  • Like 1