BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Instagram Dack and Butterworth

It could be their way of expressing disillusionment with Mowbray or the club - or, they're just so caught up in their bubble of footballer friends, that they 'like' blindly and/or, see club attachments as far lesser than friendships.

My gut feeling, based on nothing, is the former. I think they probably are aware of the message this sends. I've heard similar issues occurring with Premier League players and it tends to be out-of-favour players, I think, who do this kind of thing. Willian at Arsenal did it shortly before leaving.

It doesn't happen but I would have huge admiration for a senior player to challenge bad management, internally, and if it's not rectified, to sacrifice their place in the team by speaking out publicly. The consequences would be harsh but a high profile player could likely find another club and not suffer too much. I can't expect any player to do this, as I'm not sure I'd risk my standard of living like that, but speaking out for the sake of a club and their fans would be very noble. I wonder if there's any case of it? (Roy Keane sort of did it at Ireland, though, personal feuding with Mick McCarthy seems to have been a part of his pulling out before World Cup 2002).

Edited by riverholmes

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

It could be their way of expressing disillusionment with Mowbray or the club - or, they're just so caught up in their bubble of footballer friends, that they 'like' blindly and/or, see club attachments as far lesser than friendships.

My gut feeling, based on nothing, is the former. I think they probably are aware of the message this sends. I've heard similar issues occurring with Premier League players and it tends to be out-of-favour players, I think, who do this kind of thing. Willian at Arsenal did it shortly before leaving.

Dack claimed he likes Reed's posts because he's a mate, but going back through Reed's last few posts on Insta I can't see him or Butterworth liking any of them? I don't really use Instagram so maybe I'm just being dense...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DE. said:

The ex-players I don't really care about. Not exactly a list of Rovers legends there. 

Hard to fathom current players 'liking' that post though. Dack told a Rovers fan in the comments to "relaxxx" because Reed is a mate and he likes most of his photos. "Nothing to do with the result last night you wally". Not even sure where to begin with that really. What a fucking plank that lad is. Butterworth apparently not much brighter. 

Aye. He didn’t have much going on between the ears even before he got with that Towie bird! 

• Like 4

Think this is terrible from both of them, especially from Dack who as a senior pro should know far better. If anything his attempt to justify it is even worse than the initial gaffe. His response to the Rovers fans querying it should have been "Really sorry, I can see it might have caused offence, there was none intended, was showing support for a mate".

Butterworth I've  a bit more sympathy for but as a young lad trying to break into the first team he should be keeping his nose clean and avoiding any awkward situations.

Yet again it's indicative of the holiday camp mentality and lack of discipline at the Club and all roads once again lead back to Mowbray. He doesn't give a shit so is it really any surprise that when push comes to shove the players don't either. Can you imagine any players doing this at Liverpool or City under Klopp or Guardiola?

So called "Captain fantastic" Benno can fook off as well. Should show the Club far more respect after we paid his wages for so long.

Absolute shower.

• Like 9

We've got a lot more to worry about than these plonkers liking each others posts and i certainly don't think there's any malice in Dack.

End of the day they all have more money than sense and that can cloud the judgement a bit.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

We've got a lot more to worry about than these plonkers liking each others posts and i certainly don't think there's any malice in Dack.

End of the day they all have more money than sense and that can cloud the judgement a bit.

Do you know, not sure I agree. I came to this story relatively late and the more I think about it the more it makes my blood boil. It might seem like a little thing at first but on reflection I think it symbolises everything that is rotten and  wrong with the mentality at the Club.

Dack's a senior player at the Club and should be setting an example. He's made an error of judgement, fine, but when pulled up on it he should be apologising for his thoughtlessness and causing any offence. Not compounding the situation.

You could  also count the number of decent performances Bennett put in during five years at the Club on the fingers of one hand. Yet he was rewarded for nor performing with numerous new contracts and the symbolic role of Club Captain, a role he revelled in becoming the Club's self confessed cheer leader and tub thumper on social media. Yet he was the first to be all precious and complain if anyone pulled him up on social media about poor performances. And here he is popping up on social media taking the piss out of the Club as soon as he leaves! What chance did we have when he was here with someone like that "leading" us?

So we have a manager describing a 0-7 Club record home defeat as just one of those things that happens and current players, a former Club Captain and other former players who seemingly find the situation amusing. For me the whole do the bare minimum holiday camp mentality started with Allardyce prioritising certain games and sacrificing others. That worked for him to a degree as his sole target was survival but it seems to me that the stench of mediocrity and culture of doing the bare minimum you can get away with has never left the Club even though since being in the Championship we've theoretically been operating under completely different parameters of trying to win enough games to achieve promotion.

We need a new manager and CEO to come in and give the place the place a right good shake up from top to bottom. And set minimum standards and expectation levels.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

For me the whole do the bare minimum holiday camp mentality started with Allardyce prioritising certain games and sacrificing others.

Come off it Simon. Allardyce had his methods which some people didn't like but I never got the impression the players were allowed a free ride for bad performances like the present lot. You really need to forget Sam - you didn't like him, we know that.

Dack and Butterworth were idiots and should be disciplined by Mowbray but just as disappointing for me was the likes of Danny Graham and Derek Williams endorsing Reed's post. They won promotion medals with us - did their friendship with Reed mean more to them than that and did they enjoy seeing us get humiliated? 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Dack and Butterworth were idiots and should be disciplined by Mowbray but just as disappointing for me was the likes of Danny Graham and Derek Williams endorsing Reed's post. They won promotion medals with us - did their friendship with Reed mean more to them than that and did they enjoy seeing us get humiliated? 

Correct.

• Like 1