BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

People seem to have forgotten, but let’s have a reminder eh?

Vaccination talk in the corona virus thread in the ICBINF thread only please. 

Fair enough. 

The young Dutch lad looks like a top player, and will be an important signing, especially now JRC is going to be utilised in a more forward position. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

So to move away from vaccines and covid related talk... let's recap Mr Sharpe's groundbreaking information, any articles anyone has seen that links us to any player is wrong and we are skint.

I don't think we are skint at all but I think we will sign at least 1 permanent signing if not 2 in this window. 

On the O'Riley link, it appears that Swansea are favourite to sign him and I guess thats down to Russell Martin knowing him 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think we are skint at all but I think we will sign at least 1 permanent signing if not 2 in this window. 

On the O'Riley link, it appears that Swansea are favourite to sign him and I guess thats down to Russell Martin knowing him 

Swansea need to raise the funds to buy him.We shouldnt 

Plus why would a player favour a move to Swansea just because a manager the player worked under for less than a year is there?

Swansea are currently a long way off the playoffs whilst we are 4 points clear of 4th place.

Edited by islander200
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hopefully our league position sway his decision. Would be a fine signing from what I have seen. I don't see Johnson or Davenport offering anything to the team if any our 3 in central midfield are out of the side. 

32 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

So to move away from vaccines and covid related talk... let's recap Mr Sharpe's groundbreaking information, any articles anyone has seen that links us to any player is wrong and we are skint.

I.e. He hasn't got the faintest idea how much money we're prepared to spend or who we've actually put offers in for.

That said, it's results that count and the only stat that matters so far is we haven't managed to bring in anyone of any note.

Just now, islander200 said:

Swansea need to raise the funds to buy him.We shouldnt

Why do Swansea need to raise funds? 

On Rovers being able to afford? Given the money we have received from Armstrong in the summer. Maybe we can afford it. Lets see how we get in. Maybe we are looking at different. Zeefulk signing came from nowhere. 

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I.e. He hasn't got the faintest idea how much money we're prepared to spend or who we've actually put offers in for.

That said, it's results that count and the only stat that matters so far is we haven't managed to bring in anyone of any note.

Zeeifuk is more or less done its only a covid issue holding it up, hardly the fault of the club.Iv not seen the guy live but his stats suggest he is a player of note.His career has been spent in the top division in Holland and Germany

4 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Hopefully our league position sway his decision. Would be a fine signing from what I have seen. I don't see Johnson or Davenport offering anything to the team if any our 3 in central midfield are out of the side. 

Don't know much about O'Riley apart from a few highlights on Youtube from MK Dons account. 

I think we should show Johnson the door. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall a single occasion that the manager has flown around the world to meet with Balaji. 

I've no doubt he has a more 'hands on' role than the others in terms of interest in the club but when it comes to cold hard cash and funding it is clear that managers have always needed to get through to Mr and Mrs Desai.

Snake Kean worked out quickly where the power lies.

No visit to India since 2019 puts Mowbray on thin ice and no coincidence that since then buys have been low cost (if anything) and sales have started.

All my opinion and belief based on what we've seen over the last 10 years. Some might call it a conspiracy theory but I think it makes perfect sense and until Mowbray can get around a table with them cash will be very limited, as will new contracts.

Think the pandemic might have had something to to with not travelling to India.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why do Swansea need to raise funds? 

On Rovers being able to afford? Given the money we have received from Armstrong in the summer. Maybe we can afford it. Lets see how we get in. Maybe we are looking at different. Zeefulk signing came from nowhere. 

Every single report iv read on the Swansea link says they have to move players on to raise the funds to sign O'Riley

44 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Tony Mowbray was keen to steer away from talking about individuals but confirmed that a move is close for Hertha Berlin defender Deyovaisio Zeefuik.

A period of isolation has held up a move for the Dutch right back who arrived in East Lancashire to finalise the deal last weekend.

The 23-year-old is set to sign an initial loan deal, with the option for a permanent move in the summer, ahead of the weekend trip to Cardiff City, but isn’t expected to be part of the travelling party.

Mowbray says three or four other deals are being worked on as Rovers look to add to their options in January.

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

The young Dutch lad looks like a top player, and will be an important signing, especially now JRC is going to be utilised in a more forward position. 

I don't see how JRC could be used in any position more advanced than RWB in a 3-5-2, there's only the three CMs and two forwards ahead of him.

To be honest even if he was able to stay fully fit I don't think I've seen enough from him to suggest he could be effective in any advanced position. Backup RWB only for me (when he's fit).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Don't know much about O'Riley apart from a few highlights on Youtube from MK Dons account. 

I think we should show Johnson the door. 

I dont think Johnson should be starting but i wouldnt be showing any experienced player the door.Our squad is lacking in experience as it is.

Say what you want about Johnson but he knows what its like being involved at this end of the table.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Zeeifuk is more or less done its only a covid issue holding it up, hardly the fault of the club.Iv not seen the guy live but his stats suggest he is a player of note.His career has been spent in the top division in Holland and Germany

Yes, should be a useful addition to the squad IF it goes through.

As regards anyone else it's neither use nor ornament being "interested" in players. It's getting them over the line that counts, something we've been abysmal at in recent seasons.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I dont think Johnson should be starting but i wouldnt be showing any experienced player the door.Our squad is lacking in experience as it is.

Say what you want about Johnson but he knows what its like being involved at this end of the table.

I do. Not good enough. legs have gone. I wouldn't even put in him my match day squad most days

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, frosty said:

I don't see how JRC could be used in any position more advanced than RWB in a 3-5-2, there's only the three CMs and two forwards ahead of him.

To be honest even if he was able to stay fully fit I don't think I've seen enough from him to suggest he could be effective in any advanced position. Backup RWB only for me (when he's fit).

I can see him play anywhere across the midfield 3. Imo he is one of the most versatile players we have. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Dilan Markanday looks an interesting one he's seemingly on fire this season, adding goals to his impressive assists tally. I guess he'd be a ready made Poveda replacement.....

Why don't we just get the deal done?

I'd heard a whisper about a Tottenham youngster but now our interest in him has become known, no doubt that'll be the end of it as another Club moves in and beats us to the punch.

Markanday has never played senior football, we need players for the here and now to help us get results in the next 5 months.

Mowbray mentions polishing players but it also mentions him about to sign a new deal at Spurs potentially so unclear on the terms of any deal.

If it is a permanent deal in addition to someone else, Mowbray mentioned about developing players before so to have him on the edges of things with another more ready made forward could be a good thing.

If he comes in as our only attacking signing then it would leave us in basically the same position as we have gone into the window. And if that is a loan and our market of affordability is kids with no senior experience on loan at such an important time with the Armstrong money nestling in the pocket of the owners, that would be piss poor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Markanday has never played senior football, we need players for the here and now to help us get results in the next 5 months.

Mowbray mentions polishing players but it also mentions him about to sign a new deal at Spurs potentially so unclear on the terms of any deal.

If it is a permanent deal in addition to someone else, Mowbray mentioned about developing players before so to have him on the edges of things with another more ready made forward could be a good thing.

If he comes in as our only attacking signing then it would leave us in basically the same position as we have gone into the window. And if that is a loan and our market of affordability is kids with no senior experience on loan at such an important time with the Armstrong money nestling in the pocket of the owners, that would be piss poor.

Didn't Mowbray the other day say they're looking to sign young strikers on permanent deals to develop and sell on? 

• Like 8