BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How are any us meant to know the answer to that question when it depends on a number of different factors like what we want, what the selling wants and player wages demands/agent fee. 

What has any of the above got to do with what other Clubs are prepared to pay us for our players?

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray has himself admitted that the squad isn't particularly deep. I'm guessing that your 24 includes the likes of Clarkson, Butterworth, Carter, Magloire, Rankin Costello who is made of glass etc. But I mean more in terms of massively reducing the quality of our team rather than the squad when we are in such a good league position.

Well that's his opinion whilst I have a different opinion and so far we are performing well and 4th is the entire playing squad. 

All part of the squad and will have a part to play in the coming months. Carter play a key role in the victory at Forest for example. 

The point is more that to lose any if not numerous of Lenihan, Nyambe, Rothwell and Brereton in January would massively deplete us as individual bits of business. 

That is also where I disagree with you cos it depends who their replacement is surely before making such extraordinary comments. 

Ideally, we can offer reasonable terms to get them to sign, that is what we want

They have been offered new improve contracts so why aren't they not reasonable terns and are they going to get better given that financial reset among most Championship clubs. 

I.think your idea that we can in January receive suitable bids for those 3 players, that our club is organised enough and players are willing to be lined up waiting to sign, that those players coming in are of equal quality and that changing 3 key players mid season will not cause any disruption to an up to now successful season is living in a fairytale. 

You seems the links with certain players shows we are looking at players to replace these players within the next 6 months. 

Also given that's we have been in discussions for months after months and they been no sign of signing these contracts surely they have to be cut off point like Souness did with Berg and sign Amourso as his replacement cos Berg wouldn't commit to a new contract before season ends. 

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You're miles out on Nyambe and Rothwell chaddy. If that's all we've offered them then it's no wonder they haven't re-signed.

15k p.w. is probably a bit more like it for Lenihan but I'd imagine he'll want a bit more - even Downing was on £15k p.w. in his first season here.

I think you will find that I have more than double the current wages of those 2 players actually given the figures I believe they are on. 

I think 15 k for Lenihan puts him as one of our highest earners. 

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think you will find that I have more than double the current wages of those 2 players actually given the figures I believe they are on. 

I think 15 k for Lenihan puts him as one of our highest earners. 

I don't know of course but I'm pretty sure if we were doubling their wages they would have signed by now. 

I cant see anyone not taking double when you have risk of injuries.

My impression is whatever they are on we are only offering modest improvements.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mercer said:

We should be buying players better than we already have otherwise we are not progressing.  Cover players are not the answer.

My big fear right now is the goalkeeping situation.  If Kaminski is going to miss a few games then I think Pears will cost us dearly - I don't think Pears should ever have been signed, not even on a 12 month deal never mind the ludicrous 4 year deal.

No one said worse players but we do need a bit more depth to the squad in one way or another. Leaving it to chance is never a good idea.

Giving Mowbray too much money to spend could lead to him changing the way we are playing. We may go back to his possession obsession.

Get through December without a horror run of results and we will see what Venkys are made of in January.

We've always been told that money is no object and that if we are in a healthy position in January they will back the club to make additional signings to try and get us to the promised land.

Lets see if that actually materialises because I won't be holding my breath. Noticeable already how all the talk is of potentially having to sell Brereton, Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell, four of our most experienced and important players.

Utter madness to even contemplate selling any important player given the position we are in unless there is a clear plan of investment and new players lined up to come in immediately afterwards. Of course given Brereton's rapid rise this season there may be interest from bigger fish that we struggle to resist which is understandable but again - he goes once there is reinvestment and replacement lined up.

I won't be impressed if we get the usual deadline day player at Brockhall who doesn't sign nonsense.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well that's his opinion whilst I have a different opinion and so far we are performing well and 4th is the entire playing squad. 

All part of the squad and will have a part to play in the coming months. Carter play a key role in the victory at Forest for example. 

That is also where I disagree with you cos it depends who their replacement is surely before making such extraordinary comments. 

They have been offered new improve contracts so why aren't they not reasonable terns and are they going to get better given that financial reset among most Championship clubs. 

You seems the links with certain players shows we are looking at players to replace these players within the next 6 months. 

Also given that's we have been in discussions for months after months and they been no sign of signing these contracts surely they have to be cut off point like Souness did with Berg and sign Amourso as his replacement cos Berg wouldn't commit to a new contract before season ends. 

They are not reasonable to them which is all that matters as they have remained unsigned.

That being said, each to their own, you seem keen for us to sell numerous key players mid season when we are currently 4th in the league. Even if the replacements were of the same quality which considering a likely small fee and it being the January window I severely doubt, there would be a period of time in which the new players need to adapt which could potentially cost us points which could be fatal when we are doing well.

These players may well be happy to see what is out there at the end of the season rather than be pushed into whatever's available mid season when they are still under contract, and they won't attract normal bids because their deal is about to expire. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I don't know of course but I'm pretty sure if we were doubling their wages they would have signed by now. 

I cant see anyone not taking double when you have risk of injuries.

My impression is whatever they are on we are only offering modest improvements.

Who knows what their agent is saying to them but given the financial reset in the championship at most clubs they are gambling their future here

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They are not reasonable to them which is all that matters as they have remained unsigned.

what would be reasonable to them then? 

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

That being said, each to their own, you seem keen for us to sell numerous key players mid season when we are currently 4th in the league. Even if the replacements were of the same quality which considering a likely small fee and it being the January window I severely doubt, there would be a period of time in which the new players need to adapt which could potentially cost us points which could be fatal when we are doing well.

I don't see Nyambe as a key player either Roversfan99. Lenihan and Rothwell yes are key players. If Nyambe and Lenihan aren't willing to sign new contracts by a month time then I would look to move them on if we can find suitable replacements to replace them with. I expected the club has scouted replacements already for all 3. I have given you replacements for Nyambe and Lenihan that I would be looking to replace them with that wouldn't cost the earth. On Rothwell I would keep trying to convince him to stay here. 

On the settling in period and costing us points can work the other by them settling straight into the club and gain us points. examples I give you Jordan Rhodes and Danny Graham. 

34 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

These players may well be happy to see what is out there at the end of the season rather than be pushed into whatever's available mid season when they are still under contract, and they won't attract normal bids because their deal is about to expire. 

then we withdraw the offer and find the replacements to join the club in the summer like the example I gave you of Souness with Berg and Amoruso. These players have had long enough to decide to whether to stay or not. 

To me at least it's quite simple.

I'll give an analogy.

I have a couple of houses, I've run into some unexpected fiancial difficulties that means I am struggling to pay their mortgages..

I can either borrow some money to continue to pay the mortgage whilst I arrange sale of my assests then pay off the remainder of my outstanding debt and have a bit left over.

Or I can choose not borrow speculatively to protect my expensive assets and lose them for a pittance.

If you translate that to football. We have multimillion pound assets on the cusp of leaving for a pittance. You just need to speculatively borrow the money, offer them what they want, then if you can't afford that within your budget sell them for a premium. Surely that makes better business sense than losing them for nothing....

The fact we have so many assests running down is a major cause of concern...

• Like 3

We're already at the point where we'll lose them for nothing or as near as, either in January or at season end.

The best course of action is to keep hold for the remainder of the season, whilst continuing to try and get them to sign. That way, we continue to have use of them in the team, and it buys us more time to find replacements should they do leave in summer.

Letting them go in January makes no sense whatsoever.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

To me at least it's quite simple.

I'll give an analogy.

I have a couple of houses, I've run into some unexpected fiancial difficulties that means I am struggling to pay their mortgages..

I can either borrow some money to continue to pay the mortgage whilst I arrange sale of my assests then pay off the remainder of my outstanding debt and have a bit left over.

Or I can choose not borrow speculatively to protect my expensive assets and lose them for a pittance.

If you translate that to football. We have multimillion pound assets on the cusp of leaving for a pittance. You just need to speculatively borrow the money, offer them what they want, then if you can't afford that within your budget sell them for a premium. Surely that makes better business sense than losing them for nothing....

The fact we have so many assests running down is a major cause of concern...

It’s not as clean as that. The assets may well be looking for an opportunity to play at a higher level not just a pay rise. I doubt any realistic salary increase for Brereton would be enough to tie him down as I’m sure he’ll be waiting for a PL offer. 

Frankly, with his injury record, I’d be impressed if Nyambe attracts a bigger club than us right now. 

45 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

It’s not as clean as that. The assets may well be looking for an opportunity to play at a higher level not just a pay rise. I doubt any realistic salary increase for Brereton would be enough to tie him down as I’m sure he’ll be waiting for a PL offer. 

Frankly, with his injury record, I’d be impressed if Nyambe attracts a bigger club than us right now. 

Also solvable with reasonable minimum fee release clauses. Even if the players have already been contacted by Prem suitors (I doubt it, none of then are at that level except perhaps Brereton), can they afford to wait until the summer and see whether those clubs are still interested? And personally if I was a player and a Prem club weren't willing to pay say 3 million for me, I'd seriously question how much they really wanted me (unless I was just a youth prospect of course).

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

Get through December without a horror run of results and we will see what Venkys are made of in January.

We've always been told that money is no object and that if we are in a healthy position in January they will back the club to make additional signings to try and get us to the promised land.

With you 100% on this.Let's see the real colour of their money...let's see their real intentions.

This appears to be a bullshit league,everybody capable of beating each other.Will we ever have such a chance of promotion again?

6 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Yes Chaddy all sounds very easy, but to replace Nyambe will cost millions.

Every suggestion you've made is a huge downgrade.

I don't rate Nyambe as highly as you do and I dont think he is suited to the wing back role. 

Plus how is Kenny from Everton a downgrade on Nyambe

Or Souttar for Lenihan who is Scottish International player

Both of these players are out of contract in 6 months. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Or Souttar for Lenihan who is Scottish International player

Both of these players are out of contract in 6 months. 

No wonder, he's a crock.🙄 and he's small for a CH

After missing much of the 2019–20 season with an ankle injury requiring an operation, Souttar returned to the team only to tear the achilles in his other leg during a Scottish Cup tie with Rangers in February 2020.[29] Initially fearing his career was over, the recovery took six months.[30] Due to the COVID-19 pandemic in Scotland, the 2019–20 Scottish league season was curtailed and Hearts were consequently relegated.[31] Soon after returning to training, Souttar snapped the same achilles tendon that had been injured earlier in 2020.[32]

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

No wonder, he's a crock.🙄 and he's small for a CH

After missing much of the 2019–20 season with an ankle injury requiring an operation, Souttar returned to the team only to tear the achilles in his other leg during a Scottish Cup tie with Rangers in February 2020.[29] Initially fearing his career was over, the recovery took six months.[30] Due to the COVID-19 pandemic in Scotland, the 2019–20 Scottish league season was curtailed and Hearts were consequently relegated.[31] Soon after returning to training, Souttar snapped the same achilles tendon that had been injured earlier in 2020.[32]

Christ, is that the quality of crock, sorry player, Jocky has us chasing after?

What's Rab C Nesbitt up to these days? He might be able to get a gig.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Christ, is that the quality of crock, sorry player, Jocky has us chasing after?

What's Rab C Nesbitt up to these days? He might be able to get a gig.

Aye, no wonder Hearts aren't keeping him.  They've paid him for the last 3 years and he's hardly played......Chaddy thinks he would be a good fit for the one of the most physically demanding  league in world football.......🤷‍♂️🙈

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Aye, no wonder Hearts aren't keeping him.  They've paid him for the last 3 years and he's hardly played......Chaddy thinks he would be a good fit for the one of the most physically demanding  league in world football.......🤷‍♂️🙈

If he could stay fit I think that Souttar could do a very good job in the Championship, but I agree his injury record is a massive red flag. 

• Like 1