Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

On what basis?If we don't go up its unlikely we will be improving the terms offered to him.Terms he has so far turned down

You're right.  If he was going to sign he would with a promotion pay rise built in.... sign it now and no risk if he gets injured.  He must be thinking of leaving.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You're right.  If he was going to sign he would with a promotion pay rise built in.... sign it now and no risk if he gets injured.  He must be thinking of leaving.

If he were to get injured would he not be covered by insurance on his present contract ?

Edited by rigger
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, islander200 said:

On what basis?If we don't go up its unlikely we will be improving the terms offered to him.Terms he has so far turned down

My opinion and the fact he is enjoying his football here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

My opinion and the fact he is enjoying his football here

I hope he does sign but he isn't enjoying it enough to have signed the offer on the table and If we don't go up then our offer is unlikely to change.

He is s professional if he gets a better offer he will be off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Backroom
1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

My post got deleted for some reason?

But JRC is woeful at RB or RWB.

Nyambe is absolutely miles ahead of him.

Yes, because it was trying to provoke other posters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

My post got deleted for some reason?

But JRC is woeful at RB or RWB.

Nyambe is absolutely miles ahead of him.

I honestly think Mowbray believes anyone can play full back.

At right back alone we've had:

Nyambe

JRC 

Gallagher 

Buckley 

Lenihan 

There will be others, that's just recently off the top of my head. 

The only one in that list that's remotely capable is Nyambe.

 

 

Edited by davulsukur
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I honestly think Mowbray believes anyone can play full back.

At right back alone we've had:

Nyambe

JRC 

Gallagher 

Buckley 

Lenihan 

There will be others, that's just recently off the top of my head. 

The only one in that list that's remotely capable is Nyambe.

 

 

Think you're spot on. Seems like he just thinks it's a mix of attack and defence, so any non-GK should be able to handle it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tonight’s game has shown how desperate we are for another midfielder. He clearly doesn’t trust Davenport, instead shoe-horning Gallagher into the formation which destroyed any of the attacking promise we could have had and restricted Rothwell, who was too aware of his defensive duties to play his normal way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Indeed. I said it the other day but we need Bradley Johnson…just three years younger! Somebody to crunch some tackles in, smack a few heads together and who wouldn’t have put up with tonight’s ‘performance’.

Sadly I don’t think a midfield destroyer is in TM’s plans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Indeed. I said it the other day but we need Bradley Johnson…just three years younger! Somebody to crunch some tackles in, smack a few heads together and who wouldn’t have put up with tonight’s ‘performance’.

Literally what Davenport does 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Think you're spot on. Seems like he just thinks it's a mix of attack and defence, so any non-GK should be able to handle it.

Still plenty of games left for Pears or Kaminski to have a go. Might be ideal for Pears you don't have to handle the ball outfield

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/01/2022 at 18:00, Fraserkirky said:

An injury to one of the three midfielders, specifically Rothwell or Travis then we are in trouble. I don’t want to see Johnson again. 

Bump from yesterday. 


As feared. Next signing better be a tasty midfielder. A Sam Morsy type.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think Hedges will be signed up for the weekend to be in squad for Middlesbrough.

 

Also would like us to go for Callum Styles at Barnsley in this window. Travis and Styles would great with Rothwell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am hoping that we can make a centre midfielder signing before the deadline closes. 

No idea on Hedges whether he would be good signing or how he would fit into the team if we can closing in on him as a signing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Tom locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.