BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

Think we could do alot worse than throw a few £ at Derby if we can find some .

they need the cash before the end of the month and have quite a few talented young players 

Bielik is on his way back from injury. Could maybe snap him up on the cheap. Was a big money buy but had a few bad injuries. Could be a bargain if he overcomes them

Ebosele

Knight

Sibley

Bird 

All have championship experience and are all  worth far more than we could pick them up for 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rochdale_rover said:

Think we could do alot worse than throw a few £ at Derby if we can find some .

they need the cash before the end of the month and have quite a few talented young players 

Bielik is on his way back from injury. Could maybe snap him up on the cheap. Was a big money buy but had a few bad injuries. Could be a bargain if he overcomes them

Ebosele

Knight

Sibley

Bird 

All have championship experience and are all  worth far more than we could pick them up for 

Agreed, there are bargains to be had. Sibley is the one that I would really like us to go and sign from Derby. Looks a quality player. I read earlier on that Millwall have had a £450k bid for him turned down by Derby.

They aren't really in a position to ask for too much more, you'd think. I wonder if something like a £650k/750k offer would be enough to land the player? He's worth going up to £1m for, imo.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

Not a chance on this earth that we would be able to pay Lawrence the wages he will be accustomed to.

If we were the only show in town he would still expect us to get close to what Derby are paying him - a lot - but up against Bournemouth and QPR no chance.

Very worried about QPR....

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

And boro and forest..

If We got our act together from the position We're in, we shouldn't worry about anyone (Fulham excepted).

We've 10 days to do something to shore us up (even if it's just to seasons end and see where it takes us).

It's not just about illness and injury but yellow card counts are also mounting (Lenihan and Buckley in particular)....We're short term wafer thin and need some investment NOW!

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Read that too. Last time we should do business with Leeds, it’s a joke that they won’t just take him back for his recovery. Hampers us wage wise too. 

Is it not the fault of the people from the Rovers who agreed to the deal in the first place.

• Like 4

How crap and unprofessional of leeds to force us to keep him (or at least force us to carry on paying what i imagine will be a relatively substantial amount) we should never deal with Leeds again, fkin horrid club anyway and just living up to their ugly reputation. 

Id now love them to get relegated, even if it means the Dinglets staying up!!! 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

27 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Read that too. Last time we should do business with Leeds, it’s a joke that they won’t just take him back for his recovery. Hampers us wage wise too. 

Leeds won't take him back as he will not get a loan deal elsewhere given he is injured. The will be hoping that when he recovers, he will play more for us and gains more experience.

25 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

He takes a valuable loan spot too, which is frustrating. 

Think the loan spot only account for the match day squad. Not the whole squad.

33 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Leeds won't take him back as he will not get a loan deal elsewhere given he is injured. The will be hoping that when he recovers, he will play more for us and gains more experience.

From what I understand he’ll only be back for a month or so of the season, which is why I think it’s a bit of a joke. Sending him back to us for his rehab can’t make him feel too great either about his long term prospects at Leeds.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

From what I understand he’ll only be back for a month or so of the season, which is why I think it’s a bit of a joke. Sending him back to us for his rehab can’t make him feel too great either about his long term prospects at Leeds.

And that's the annoying part for us. I do find it odd they haven't taken him back for treatment, makes me think they don't want him around the club.

18 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Sibley not starting for Derby, should be all over that for the price range being quoted.

18 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Sibley not starting for Derby, should be all over that for the price range being quoted.

Do we need another attacking midfielder ? I would like us to go for a good, defensive midfielder.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, rigger said:

Do we need another attacking midfielder ? I would like us to go for a good, defensive midfielder.

If Davenport is not to be trusted and Johnson seemly due at the glue factory, then its a role we desperately need to fill. Dack is more than capable of playing in any of the more attack minded roles when he returns, which must be fairly soon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I don't get why it is a "joke." From Leeds perspective, to cancel the loan would merely be stopping an agreement that will see them continue to receive contribution towards his wage; that may be a small contribution, but even if its 5 grand a week for 20 weeks, it is 100 grand they otherwise wouldn't have. 

From the players perspective, he can still do his rehabilitation at Leeds so they certainly aren't neglecting him, and from their perspective, the alternatives are take him back and keep him when he clearly isn't close to a Premier League squad, try and loan him elsewhere which will be impossible due to his injury or keep him here whereby even if it is an outside chance, he may well have his only chance of first team football this season.

• Like 3