BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

Interesting to see if Hedges plays for Aberdeen on Tuesday night….

Huge week for the club both on and off the pitch. Hull beating Bournemouth effectively chalks off our loss. So we need a performance and resounding win on Monday night! Get Gally on the score sheet and we’re rocking again.

Then it’s about bringing in a CM and two forwards before next Monday.

Game on!!!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

When it rains…Sharpe reckons Dolan is out for 3-4 weeks yet. We need to get a bloody move on in the market. 

Now the transfer window isn’t looking too clever for us considering the money for Markanday could have gone elsewhere. No ones fault but this is why ffp doesn’t work. If you have long term injuries you’re afraid to spend cash.

12 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

He’s had 4 Spain caps and been linked to Valencia. Not a chance he‘s coming to The Championship.

Yeah. Apart from Conte has said he needs to be a success at Spurs because of their investment in him and to do that needs to adapt to the English game. Valencia don’t have anything like the money needed for Spurs to get a return on him. 6-months in the Championship might be - admittedly, very unlikely - but it could be just what Conte wants. I doubt Levy cares but there might be a touch of feeling bad over Mackaday?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

Yeah. Apart from Conte has said he needs to be a success at Spurs because of their investment in him and to do that needs to adapt to the English game. Valencia don’t have anything like the money needed for Spurs to get a return on him. 6-months in the Championship might be - admittedly, very unlikely - but it could be just what Conte wants. I doubt Levy cares but there might be a touch of feeling bad over Mackaday?

Only bad feeling Levy will have over Markanday is that he'll now have to wait longer for any sell on fee.

31 minutes ago, J*B said:

I don't think Levy does sympathy!

IMO, a chairman who is one hard nosed bastard of a businessman - just wish we had someone in his mould.

• Like 1

The squad as it will do at times without reinforcement is starting to creak, and we already have seen the dependence on the first 11. We need Venkys to get their cheque book out because we don't have enough quality. With Brereton also out of Luton, we could do with at least one attacker before then. No excuses now.

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Interesting to see if Hedges plays for Aberdeen on Tuesday night….

Huge week for the club both on and off the pitch. Hull beating Bournemouth effectively chalks off our loss. So we need a performance and resounding win on Monday night! Get Gally on the score sheet and we’re rocking again.

Then it’s about bringing in a CM and two forwards before next Monday.

Game on!!!

It is not that straightforward, as it isn't a 2 horse race for second spot, it is far too simplistic to talk about chalking off our losses.

QPR won who are really in form and could leap frog us if they win their game in hand, a big if I know. West Brom also won who will also fancy their chances for 2nd, and Huddersfield further established themselves as a top 6 contender. Forest and Sheffield United are also threats for the play offs and both won. Plus obviously Fulham have pushed further away even in the absence of Mitrovic. Conversely, Stoke and Coventry lost too.

Ultimately there are probably 4 or 5 teams with a genuine chance of 2nd, and quite a few with a chance of the top 6. Until as and when a genuine 2 horse race materialises, it is just about us, every time we win, we will almost certainly gain on at least a couple of teams, every time we drop points, teams will make ground/push ahead of us.

Win tomorrow and we have pushed ahead of Bournemouth, and added to the distance between Boro, Stoke and Coventry. Don't win and the likes of QPR, West Brom, Huddersfield and further back Forest and Sheffield United again will have made ground on us, plus potentially Boro if they beat us.

• Like 1

Doesn't sound good at all. Acceptance that we may not strengthen, implications of very little money being available and that we are struggling to get deals done, and a reluctant mention of the loan market. 

I can't say that I expected Venkys to give it a go in such as strong opportunity, and if we bring in nobody there is a big danger of us getting into a rut as and when injuries really tighten their grip.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but with the AA transfer and the ‘sale’ of Brockhall to themselves, FFP has been satisfied medium term… so surely owners that ‘never refuse a cheque’ will very much be signing them over the next couple of weeks with the club on the cusp of hitting the financial jackpot?

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I heard the name Stephens last week. I suppose if Rothwell isn't going to sign a new deal it makes sense. 

Nothing about Thais would make any sense at all. It would rightly be met with absolute uproar.

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but with the AA transfer and the ‘sale’ of Brockhall to themselves, FFP has been satisfied medium term… so surely owners that ‘never refuse a cheque’ will very much be signing them over the next couple of weeks with the club on the cusp of hitting the financial jackpot?

From memory, it took selling both Arma and Brockhall to just scrape through FFP: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-brfcs-podcast/id1282664472?i=1000545177676

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Nothing about Thais would make any sense at all. It would rightly be met with absolute uproar.

Will it?

’he wasn’t going to sign anyway, good to get a lad in that wants to play for us!’

Edited by Mattyblue

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Will it?

’he wasn’t going to sign anyway, good to get a lad in that wants to play for us!’

Yeah, no doubt there would be plenty of that nonsense. Hopefully it’d be largely drowned out by anyone with an ounce of pride left in their club.