BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

I can’t believe there’s still folk questioning where the next big sale is coming from….has BBD not taught you anything?

With a fair wind - Buckley, Travis, Markanday, Butterworth, Dolan, Wharton and Pickering could go for big money. Hell, if BBD can do what he is then so can Gallagher!!

Regardless of whether we go up or not, we have some bloody brilliant young players in our first team squad….by the sounds of it we have some absolute crackers in our 18’s and 23’s too!

Foolish to think BBD is the end of the conveyor belt! 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Lol...But when was that time?

I am thinking The "Browns"-Richard and Chris-Bill Dunning, Darren Collier, Cory Evans, Liam Feeney,, Jason Lowe, John O'Mara, Martin Dahlin, Ashley Ward, Christian Walton, Formica, Danny Murphy, Dixon Etuhu....

Of course, I could go on...and on ...

Bill Dunning, hells bells that's got the cogs in my head churning.  Don't remember too much about the lad (think he disappeared into obscurity pretty quickly) but didn't he debut at 17 for Rovers and score on his debut after being part of the Rovers' youth team in the late 1960's that hammered Liverpool in the Youth Cup 4,5 or 6 nil? 

10 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I can’t believe there’s still fully grown men questioning where the next big sale is coming from….has BBD not taught you anything?

With a fair wind - Buckley, Travis, Markanday, Butterworth, Dolan, Wharton and Pickering could go for big money. Hell, if BBD can do what he is then so can Gallagher!!

Regardless of whether we go up or not, we have some bloody brilliant young players in our first team squad….by the sounds of it we have some absolute crackers in our 18’s and 23’s too!

Foolish to think BBD is the end of the pipeline! 

Its equally foolish to think that its really easy to do, hence why Armstrong is the only current big sale. As @Mattyblue mentioned it tends to be the attacking players that go for big money, we have 3 defenders/midfielders currently out performing each of those names that have 6 months left yet still dont seem to be getting bid upon.

Its also not as easy as you make out otherwise Brereton wouldnt currently be worth so much, and his situation is somewhat unique, Gallagher is much older for a start but expecting de ja vu would be very naive. At least half of those names you mention wont go for big money, thats not a slight on the individuals or the club either.

Of course Brereton wont be the last ever sale, but because the process isnt continious with us, we didnt replace Armstrong therefore there isnt really a next in line for imminent major sales in my opinion. With Brentford for example, as soon as one was sold, a replacement was instant. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Its equally foolish to think that its really easy to do, hence why Armstrong is the only current big sale. As @Mattyblue mentioned it tends to be the attacking players that go for big money, we have 3 defenders/midfielders currently out performing each of those names that have 6 months left yet still dont seem to be getting bid upon.

Its also not as easy as you make out otherwise Brereton wouldnt currently be worth so much, and his situation is somewhat unique, Gallagher is much older for a start but expecting de ja vu would be very naive. At least half of those names you mention wont go for big money, thats not a slight on the individuals or the club either.

Of course Brereton wont be the last ever sale, but because the process isnt continious with us, we didnt replace Armstrong therefore there isnt really a next in line for imminent major sales in my opinion. With Brentford for example, as soon as one was sold, a replacement was instant. 

No one is saying it’s easy to do….but if there’s a team in the football league geared up to it it’s us!

Cat 1 academy, loads of young players coming through, buying young players and currently joint second in the league! There will be PLENTY of people looking at our players!

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

In your opinion of course. How on earth has Pickering quadrupled his value in half a season? Wharton just back froma  serious injury is now worth multiple millions despite not year fulfilling a whole season in the Championship? They both might be, but i think your way overdoing it there. 

Pickering and Wharton could possibly play for England some day. 

I think you are greatly underrating them. 

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

No one is saying it’s easy to do….but if there’s a team in the football league geared up to it it’s us!

Cat 1 academy, loads of young players coming through, buying young players and currently joint second in the league! There will be PLENTY of people looking at our players!

The main thing it needs is a club run strongly from the top with a clear vision and consistency throughout. Thats what is lacking at Ewood. Mowbray does his best and has found gems but its not a consistent process. See this summer when he was bemoaning an inability to replace Armstrong with the next "diamond to polish."

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

FYI - I’m going, a CM, Hedges and Maja by next Monday 🤞🏽

They’ll go for a decent attacking midfielder or winger if you ask me. As much from promotion as for getting BBD to 30+ goals by the end of the $ea$on. 

I can’t believe there’s still folk questioning where the next big sale is coming from….has BBD not taught you anything?

Foolish to think BBD is the end of the conveyor belt! 

That's great if you want to be a conveyor belt feeding other clubs. I'd rather we kept our best palyers and get promoted

• Like 5

FYI - I’m going, a CM, Hedges and Maja by next Monday 🤞🏽

That would be pretty disappointing imo if we hadn't come up with some different and better  targets since summer thanks to our elevated League position.

Hedges would be an uninspiring signing and Maja has had his injury worries therefore might be safer to look elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Vilesinner said:

Pickering and Wharton could possibly play for England some day. 

I think you are greatly underrating them. 

I like Pickering but there is nothing to suggest even Prem potential never mind England.

Hope i'm wrong of course.

• Like 2

I do get the Pickering love in as he's crucial to the way we play atm, but England? Really! Calm down lads, I really hope someone comes back & quotes me on this btw.

Wharton on the other hand?, hmm, I actually think that lad can seriously go all the way,  hopefully with us obviously! 

1 hour ago, Torgeir said:

Would anyone take Lucas Joao back? Fine goalscoring form last season, but has had a couple of surgeries this term. A little bit of a bad egg perhaps, and possibly out of our reach financially anyway.

Not sure Tone would have him after he and Marv took the piss

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

I do get the Pickering love in as he's crucial to the way we play atm, but England? Really! Calm down lads, I really hope someone comes back & quotes me on this btw.

Wharton on the other hand?, hmm, I actually think that lad can seriously go all the way,  hopefully with us obviously! 

@Vilesinner Been on the wacky backy it seems. I admire the enthusiasm though 😂 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Would anyone take Lucas Joao back? Fine goalscoring form last season, but has had a couple of surgeries this term. A little bit of a bad egg perhaps, and possibly out of our reach financially anyway.

Talented lad. Not sure he suits our current style of play though, he’s not one to press from the front and put the work in. Wouldn’t say no to him though, we desperately need another striker. Think Reading would want a decent-ish fee so like you say, probably out of our price range. 

• Like 1

Pickering for England? Christ we've come a long way from countless pages on threads of me trying to convince everyone he's better than League One level! He's better than Bell, that's what matters.