BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

45 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Depending on the quality of the loan, age doesn't necessarily matter. TBH our record in the loan market is quite good - of those this season only Clarkson didn't really work out (Poveda was unfortunate to get injured just when we could see why they brought him in).

Kasey palmer πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ

But I agree you've got to give it to mowbray and his scouts, they usually do well in the loan market. Teams will see that and hopefully that will give us an advantage over most clubs. It's not ideal but it's better than being short or players. I'd of been doing everything in our power to get the lad Doyle in who's gone to Cardiff. It may be a bit ambitious but getting someone in like Cole palmer would be amazing. I know he would get the odd chance at city but maybe six months here would bring him along.Β 

1 minute ago, Danny O.Brien said:

It may be a bit ambitious but getting someone in like Cole palmer would be amazing. I know he would get the odd chance at city but maybe six months here would bring him along.Β 

No chance sadly

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19868960.blackburn-rovers-drawing-loan-targets-dilan-markanday-injury/

Any attacking signing will be a kid on loan for financial reasons. Venkys as expected showing zero ambition.

Couldn't read that article in full without subscribing but if it solely relates to replacing Markanday , I can't see too much wrong with replacing a permanent signing who's got injured with a loanee.

The major investment is needed in a striker and we imo also need a central midfielder at the very least so it wouldn't make a lot of sense to throw major money at DM's position with him and Poveda to possibly return at some point.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
50 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I get all of that, but at what point do you draw a line in the sand?

Who would you rather be today, here and now......a Claret with their owners or us with ours?

I’m just saying it’s something that people need to stop overlooking.

It’s difficult to say, I don’t know much about the Burnley owners, they’ve been there 5 minutes, we’ve had 11 years with our lot. Granted, early signs with Burnley takeover aren’t good and could potentially be worse.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
48 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Okay,Β  but there's no value for the club in focusing on that. What does it do for us? If we all woke up every day and looked back at all the decisions we took that led us to that moment in our lives, it would be time for dinner - the following Thursday.

Not asking the club to focus on anything, but I’m just saying the clear reasons for why we are in this position shouldn’t be overlooked just because they paid money to correct mistakes they made in the first place….

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’m just saying it’s something that people need to stop overlooking.

Β 

Why? What does focusing on it, as a fan or as a club, achieve?

What does it achieve to repeatedly demand more bums on seats? Ultimately the responsibility to maximise ticket sales falls internally, to entice floating and lapsed fans, not on those people themselves who can clearly give or take attending.

And ultimately, what does it do to have any opinions on anything at all? It wont change anything so should we cease any further discussion?

47 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Couldn't read that article in full without subscribing but if it solely relates to replacing Markanday , I can't see too much wrong with replacing a permanent signing who's got injured with a loanee.

The major investment is needed in a striker and we imo also need a central midfielder at the very least so it wouldn't make a lot of sense to throw major money at DM's position with him and Poveda to possibly return at some point.

If we loaned a short term Markanday replacement AND signed another attacker and a central midfielder then I would be incredibly pleasantly surprised.Β  But not the impression given.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Depending on the quality of the loan, age doesn't necessarily matter. TBH our record in the loan market is quite good - of those this season only Clarkson didn't really work out (Poveda was unfortunate to get injured just when we could see why they brought him in).

I think in the main, Mowbrays record in the loan market has been good and I am not saying that he wont find another gem. But in the market mentioned ie kids with minimal first team experience, im not sure its the market we want to boost genuine promotion chances.

• Moderation Lead
31 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Why? What does focusing on it, as a fan or as a club, achieve?

It just seems a bit selective to highlight FFP as a consideration, but then completely ignore why it is a consideration in the first place. It’s your life, makes no difference to me what you focus on!

Just now, K-Hod said:

It just seems a bit selective to highlight FFP as a consideration, but then completely ignore why it is a consideration in the first place. It’s your life, makes no difference to me what you focus on!

Paying a wage bill 180% to turnover and spending 14 million on 3 players without selling anyone to fund it has contributed to that too.

With our current external income then our wage bill and transfer spend should be like the Luton's and Preston's of the division.

Agree wholeheartedly that more should be done to bring income into the club and do think some money should be made available but can understand why we might not be able to do that and I don't see many teams throwing loads of money at the January window.Bournemouth have really been struggling of late they have done nothing apart from the young lad from Fleetwood.

Even without Venkys mismanagement with the best will in the world I don't think we would be getting 20k a week through the door after ten years in the championship.

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Even without Venkys mismanagement with the best will in the world I don't think we would be getting 20k a week through the door after ten years in the championship.

Don't forget how many away supporters follow their team in the Premiership. That's how we got to an average of 25000 over the season.

That, plus cheap tickets!

31 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

But there’s nothing we / them / anyone can do about it…so genuinely, what’s the point?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

It's true that the mess is of their own making and of course I agree it is understandable why people don't go anymore with how the club is run.

But the post he replied to was implying that we have brought/by time sell Brererton we will have brought Β£50 million into the club which isn't true.

The 16.6 million paid for the training ground isn't 16.6 million profit that can be used.

In 5 years we have only sold 2 first team players up until Armstrong's sale Β£3-Β£5 million recieved for Raya.

We spent 14 million alone on bringing in the 3 forwards ourselves.

Other clubs including Boro have sold players too and last season and season before Boros spend was minimal.

Β 

Our spend has been minimal for the last 2.5 years since Gallagher was signed. Cash buys have been Kaminski, Pickering, Edun and Markandy all for relatively small sums.

Since Mowbray took over we have had a net profit on transfer fees with Armstrong and Raya fetching over Β£20 million and spending of less than Β£20 million. That would likely be substantially greater had Dack not got injured and will be in the summer if/when Brereton goes.

I'm sure you'll remind me again that free transfers like Ayala are still expensive outlays which I agree with. But you've just referred to Middlesbrough's spending without factoring in substantial costs on frees and loans they have incurred whilst avoiding FFP issues and selling their training ground.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Our spend has been minimal for the last 2.5 years since Gallagher was signed. Cash buys have been Kaminski, Pickering, Edun and Markandy all for relatively small sums.

Since Mowbray took over we have had a net profit on transfer fees with Armstrong and Raya fetching over Β£20 million and spending of less than Β£20 million. That would likely be substantially greater had Dack not got injured and will be in the summer if/when Brereton goes.

I'm sure you'll remind me again that free transfers like Ayala are still expensive outlays which I agree with. But you've just referred to Middlesbrough's spending without factoring in substantial costs on frees and loans they have incurred whilst avoiding FFP issues and selling their training ground.

We still brought 12 players to the club last season they didn't cost nothing.We have sold Raya and Armstrong.Covers the 3 foward signings but we have also brought in loads of other players in the past 5 years.

We made roughly 10 million on Armstrong after Newcastle took their cut and what we spent bringing him here and 5 on Raya.15 million

I'm in agreement that some money should be found but not many clubs are spending.

The 16.6 for the training ground all that 16.6 doesn't count as profit only a portion of that is counted .

We have to take the pandemic into account aswell.Only Boro and Forest have been making moves in this window.

Gibson is a better owner than ours I ain't disputing that.They lostΒ  a couple of high earners off their wagebill in summer, they get higher crowds than us and have recieved more by selling players than we have in the last 5 years.

Edited by islander200

• Moderation Lead
13 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

But there’s nothing we / them / anyone can do about it…so genuinely, what’s the point?

I just don’t want people to keep (deliberately?) missing the point of why we are in this situation.

It reminds me of people that get sunburnt, then put aloe Vera on to remedy it, instead of putting sun tan lotion on first, to give themselves the best chance of not getting sunburnt in the first place….

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I just don’t want people to keep (deliberately?) missing the point of why we are in this situation.

It reminds me of people that get sunburnt, then put aloe Vera on to remedy it, instead of putting sun tan lotion on first, to give themselves the best chance of not getting sunburnt in the first place….

But we didn't put on suncream, everybody knows that. That decision was taken, right at the start of the holiday. Does that mean we shouldn't put the Aloe Vera on now? Does it mean we should spent the next 13 days of the all-inclusive discussing the error in judgement?Β 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

What does it achieve to repeatedly demand more bums on seats? Ultimately the responsibility to maximise ticket sales falls internally, to entice floating and lapsed fans, not on those people themselves who can clearly give or take attending.

And ultimately, what does it do to have any opinions on anything at all? It wont change anything so should we cease any further discussion?

If we loaned a short term Markanday replacement AND signed another attacker and a central midfielder then I would be incredibly pleasantly surprised.Β  But not the impression given.

Spot on, those of us OLD enough to have been around when all this happened and not just kids, it is not something you just forget and move on from. They have destroyed this once great club. THe fact they are putting in money is down to their bad decisions. I wont commend them for that.Β 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Mate, you’re so far off the mark here. We’ve not been sat under a rock for a decade. We know why we’re in this situation….it’s really clear that Venkys mismanaged the club etc etc…

So no one needs you to keep reminding us of that. What happened also has no bearing on what we do next other than learning a lesson and I’d argue that we’ve been better, navigating ffp is evidence of this.

You can’t be so quick to ban people from reminding posters about wild faux pas about Whiteman, BBD, Buckley etc and then constantly remind us every time the issue of FFP raises its head that Venkys contributed heavily to that situation.

We know they caused it, in fairness they’ve paid for that mistake too (to the tune of Β£200m+)….but in order to move forwards we must be capable of leaving what cannot be controlled in the past.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, JoeH said:

But we didn't put on suncream, everybody knows that. That decision was taken, right at the start of the holiday. Does that mean we shouldn't put the Aloe Vera on now? Does it mean we should spent the next 13 days of the all-inclusive discussing the error in judgement?Β 

How did I miss this group holiday?Β 

42 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

So when you get sunburnt do you simply sit there for weeks on end and constantly remind yourself that you should have put sunscreen on in the first place. Or do you regret the situation but focus on what you can do about it?

We all know why we’re in this position and no one is disputing that. The fact is that we can’t undo the mistakes made 10 years ago and bringing it up now isn’t solving anything.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

That's great if you want to be a conveyor belt feeding other clubs. I'd rather we kept our best palyers and get promoted

You’ve took me completely out of context, but yeah, sound πŸ‘πŸΌ