BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

On 23/01/2022 at 15:35, roversfan99 said:

Why is the only alternative to frugality a reckless spending spree?! It is a commonly repeated, strawman argument. No one has asked for wild, multi million pound spending!

Why has there been no interest in him, according to the manager? He will surely be available right now at a cheaper value.

So what is go for it then? 2 million is not exactly going for it

3 minutes ago, Southside Rover said:

I'm not saying they are blameless but I'm talking about the here and now. If everything they do is based on what's gone before then we may as well shut the gates.

I'm not excusing them for any of that but based on the point of here and now to just go for it, they would get even more pelters.

The only way it works is they go for it and it comes off but it's a big if. This squad has again proved tonight what it can do so I stand by my point, a few heads to add some strength and depth and we don't need to squander millions.

The bench is generally weak but our starting 11 is delivering most weeks hence we sit 2nd.

Only at Blackburn could 2nd in the league feel so depressing!

Don’t feel depressed, enjoy the ride. 

On 23/01/2022 at 15:30, Mattyblue said:

Because, spending a little this January, in contrast to many years of Derby style wild overspending on eye watering fees and wages, would lead to administration?

Riots? Ha, those days have long gone at Ewood.

My response to the posts before were about going for it, calling the owners ambition into question etc. I don't see how spending a little is going for it. I think we all expect the club to spend a little as per the quotes in the press but how someone defines little and going for it is perhaps the question

14 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I really really rated him. Big, strong, technically proficient, can lead the line centrally. Everything we don't have . Also very solid goal scoring record (25 in 60 games for Reading).

As long as we didn't need to break our financial structure it would make sense to me. But there's the rub - how do we get him for acceptable money? He's now a proven Championship scorer so sure Reading would want £££s.

Transfermarkt has him down at around £5m currently, and his contract through to 2023, and there's no real reason to doubt that assessment. And if Reading wanted to keep him they would be after a lot more than £5m to let go.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lucas-joao/profil/spieler/234787

He was on fire last season and showed glimpses for us as well. The reason I mentioned him was because he may want to challenge for promotion instead of against relegation, plus Reading have already been deducted points so I'm taking a guess that their finances aren't the best. Looks like it will be a loan from a Prem club though. Marcus Forss would be a good one.

• Like 1

• Backroom

We do need an extra attacking option this window, even as a sub I don’t think Butterworth has what’s needed sadly.

A loan out would be ideal for him 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

Think 'Blue Nun' might be about to become very popular with Rovers' fans.

I'll leave that one with you.

Amazed no one has picked up on this cryptic clue!

Even more important given Khadra's injury.

35 minutes ago, Tom said:

We do need an extra attacking option this window, even as a sub I don’t think Butterworth has what’s needed sadly.

Yes he looked massively off it today.

We've got three options in BBD, Khadra and Gallagher. Need one more. Dolan coming back will help too.

6 hours ago, booth said:

If you weren't in the stadium when Kean was in charge, Anderson "wasn't" running the club, stewards were treating season ticket holders like criminals, and the likes of John Williams and Tom Finn were marginalised and resigning, all whilst Venkys did absolutely nothing, you'll never know why it would take so much to forgive and forget. That night when we went down against Wigan was a very sad day for the club.

We were one of the best ran clubs in the entire country before Venkys came along.

Well I was... so bit of an odd one.

47 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Amazed no one has picked up on this cryptic clue!

Even more important given Khadra's injury.

Come on then, racked my brains but struggled

6 hours ago, booth said:

If you weren't in the stadium when Kean was in charge, Anderson "wasn't" running the club, stewards were treating season ticket holders like criminals, and the likes of John Williams and Tom Finn were marginalised and resigning, all whilst Venkys did absolutely nothing, you'll never know why it would take so much to forgive and forget. That night when we went down against Wigan was a very sad day for the club.

We were one of the best ran clubs in the entire country before Venkys came along.

We know, it’s not new information. No one is denying it happened or asking people to forget, it just doesn’t need repeating at every opportunity. And if my opinion needs qualifying, I’m old enough to remember all of the above as well. 

3 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

We know, it’s not new information. No one is denying it happened or asking people to forget, it just doesn’t need repeating at every opportunity. And if my opinion needs qualifying, I’m old enough to remember all of the above as well. 

I've seen people doing just that, last season, this season. It's not like it's difficult to find these people, just join the Rovers facebook page or on Twitter.

• Like 1

Right, we have the platform thanks to last night's incredibly gutsy performance.

We just need bodies in now to give ourselves the chance. Come on Mr. Park pull your finger out of your backside and give us 3 signings that will blow our socks off.

• Like 3

He will need a reasonable budget to get 3 signings to "blow our socks off." Lets see how much we spend. 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Definitely miles off it. Him and Edun were so far off the standard set by every single other player who contributed, Butterworth was so slow and lethargic. Problem is his contract ends at the end of the season. I do wonder if we should sell him for a small fee (with a big sell on) and let him have a career in the lower leagues. Obviously we need a couple of players in but he isnt the answer.

2 hours ago, Southside Rover said:

So what is go for it then? 2 million is not exactly going for it

I would say going for it would be a big signing, a 4 or 5 million one. An Adebayo or similar. A reasonable window would be perhaps 2 or 3 million, a combination of maybe 3 players, including a loan. Maybe even 2-3m on a single player and a couple of loans. Less would be a very poor window and a lack of ambition.

Rovers want Hedges in now. Small fee. Player already agreed move to join in the summer with Markanday out for maybe the season Rovers want him now.

Blue Nun is a german wine and when talking about Khadra think you are refering to a german footballer joining?

Edited by neophox