BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19871640.blackburn-rovers-tony-mowbray-hints-new-overseas-signing/

He said of the club’s remaining business: “It’s looking like loans. We’re trying really hard."

Sounds like solely loans bar maybe a permanent from abroad and that we cant afford to bring the Hedges deal forward. 

Edited by roversfan99

George Nunn as a few others said is the only non-partridge reference that looks like a possibility.

Blue (Chelsea or Rovers) 
Nun (Nunn)

Also plays a similar position to Khadra apparently, and fits all the loan talk.

Admittedly I’ve not a clue if he’s any good but it certainly doesn’t excite me. 

• Moderation Lead
58 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Hedges has already announced he has signed a PCA with Rovers on his igram feed.

I’ve just checked his feed and there’s nothing on there about that?

He may have put a story on about it, as they only last 24 hours, but there’s nothing I can see. You got a link/screenshot?

15 minutes ago, superniko said:

George Nunn as a few others said is the only non-partridge reference that looks like a possibility.

Blue (Chelsea or Rovers) 
Nun (Nunn)

Also plays a similar position to Khadra apparently, and fits all the loan talk.

Admittedly I’ve not a clue if he’s any good but it certainly doesn’t excite me. 

I just assumed Mainz because that’s there Blue Nun is from. And Mowbray on about a foreign player.

My guess is Paul Nebel

On 22/01/2022 at 11:27, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

This will be cut and pasted in 6 weeks or so, death spiral incoming 

I look forward to it.

It's a shame the offer is coming from a direct rival. £2m with 5 months left is a decent offer if the player won't sign, but under zero circumstances can we be selling him to Bournemouth at this stage

Just now, JoeH said:

It's a shame the offer is coming from a direct rival. £2m with 5 months left is a decent offer if the player won't sign, but under zero circumstances can we be selling him to Bournemouth at this stage

No it isnt considering our league position, even if it wasnt a rival.

Why is it a "shame?" Would you sell if say it was a foreign team?

Is £2m worth if missing out on promotion to sell a player to a promotion rival? Lunatic... disgraceful if true. We can always reject it and if he's unhappy he can train with u23 and then go for a free.

What if Rothwell becomes a matchwinner for Bournemouth making us miss out....

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No it isnt considering our league position, even if it wasnt a rival.

Why is it a "shame?" Would you sell if say it was a foreign team?

Yes, if the player won't sign, then £2m is probably the best we're going to get. FWIW I'd keep and lose him for nothing in the summer. Promotion is worth the £2m risk.

If I was Rothwells team mate I’d be demanding this morning an answer to whether he will be turning it down or not. Surely he owes a degree of loyalty to his team mates and won’t join a rival club midway through the season 

Unfortunately with Joe not signing the contract then the Club, from a business perspective, may be inclined to accept regardless of the on pitch consequences. Bournemouth are playing a trick here and we need to stay strong and not get dragged into it

Lose him for free in the summer if you have to. 

• Like 3