BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That doesn’t say much about the standard of coaching at the club does it ? All skills that can be worked on.

What utter rubbish🤬 are you suggesting the like of young Buckley has done it on his own ? Similarly with Dack Rothwell Travis Lenihan and the upcoming youngsters ?

• Backroom
23 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

What utter rubbish🤬 are you suggesting the like of young Buckley has done it on his own ? Similarly with Dack Rothwell Travis Lenihan and the upcoming youngsters ?

Buckley has a talent you can't coach and he's got better through being tougher, not through any coached skill.

Dack, Rothwell, Travis, Lenihan are all very good examples of stagnation at 1st team level coaching too.

3 hours ago, J*B said:

@Madon’s Assombalonga isn’t brought up half as much as this Mols vs. Buckley thing and is much more light hearted. There’s light hearted banter and ruining threads for everyone else. I will of course take your opinion on board, but ultimately, I’ll police specific topics if I think they’re to the detriment of the website on the whole. I’ve done it before, I once made it so that every time @VinjayMCsaid the words “Jack Walker Trust” it was changed to “COME ON CITY!”.

PS - I noticed at the last game you sit around 4 rows back from me in the Riverside. Come down for a beer and pie and join the unofficial BRFCS membership meet up next game!

Absolutely, I wouldn't know you from Adam so you'll have to come and spot me but sure. 

44 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Nyambe is still making the same mistakes as he was when he first came into the team. Technically he’s no better. He’s still got no idea of how to cross a ball. Lenihan is still making the mistake of being drawn to the ball too easily, how long as he been in the first team ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Nyambe is still making the same mistakes as he was when he first came into the team. Technically he’s no better. He’s still got no idea of how to cross a ball. Lenihan is still making the mistake of being drawn to the ball too easily, how long as he been in the first team ?

Nyambe could be replaced with a couple of hundred grand spent in League One. The end.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Nyambe could be replaced with a couple of hundred grand spent in League One. The end.

There probably is a way of replacing Nyambe for roughly that sort of money, but only in the same way we could get a player like Samba for a similar fee. I.e. by spotting a bargain that others don't. I'd be very surprised if there's some right-footed Pickering in L1 waiting for us to pick him up for a knock-down fee. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, islander200 said:

Rothwell and Nyambes werent triggered until last summer.

Hope the fax machine doesn't break down at the last minute next summer then!

I'd be triggering the extension at the very earliest opportunity in the case of BBD. If we don't, how does that square with the rule about players in the last 6 months of their contract being able to sign pre contract  agreements with another Club?

Plus, BBD is worth more with c18 months left on his deal than with c6 months even if he leaves in January. It doesn't stop us superceding that default position with a longer deal subsequently if one can be agreed.

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

It's the end if you can prove it. So, who is the RB in League One of the same standard as Nyambe who is available for a couple of hundred grand in January?

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

That's very harsh. How did the last FB we bought for a few hundred grand from L1 go (no, not Pickering)? Nyambe has his faults yes, and these will prevent him from becoming a PL FB, but he is far better than you're making out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Hope the fax machine doesn't break down at the last minute next summer then!

I'd be triggering the extension at the very earliest opportunity in the case of BBD. If we don't, how does that square with the rule about players in the last 6 months of their contract being able to sign pre contract  agreements with another Club?

Plus, BBD is worth more with c18 months left on his deal than with c6 months even if he leaves in January. It doesn't stop us superceding that default position with a longer deal subsequently if one can be agreed.

The club have a longer deal on the table for him.

It really doesnt matter they havent triggered his deal yet, the one year extension exists and he wont be leaving on a free this summer

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

It's the end if you can prove it. So, who is the RB in League One of the same standard as Nyambe who is available for a couple of hundred grand in January?

Based on how good I think Nyambe is I reckon with an hour or so free to research I could probably identify 1 or 2 so our full time scouting department must have a hat full.

Ill bet Joe Harvey and his team could rattle off a few. Nyambe isn’t great.

17 hours ago, Beanie01289 said:

I'm not going to put too much faith in an article by the geordie bootboys especially one that fails to mention we have an option on the contract. Tho if we could get an auction going for him and sell for £25m upwards I'd see that as hard to turn down.

I see him leaving in the summer not in January anyway. 

22 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Lenihan isn't that tall a centre half I wouldn't say. It says 6 1 online but he looks about 6 foot to me. If you can defend and read the game it doesn't really matter. Although it is good to have one guy Ayala's size in the championship for defending throws and set pieces 

My wife thinks my cock is 9 inches, who am I to tell her it’s only 8 inches.💪👋🤪

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Based on how good I think Nyambe is I reckon with an hour or so free to research I could probably identify 1 or 2 so our full time scouting department must have a hat full.

Ill bet Joe Harvey and his team could rattle off a few. Nyambe isn’t great.

Well it's easy to source a replacement if you've decided a top half of Championship worthy RB is actually tosh yeh. But I suspect most of us disagree, even with him on a run of poor form by his standards.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Well it's easy to source a replacement if you've decided a top half of Championship worthy RB is actually tosh yeh. But I suspect most of us disagree, even with him on a run of poor form by his standards.

Just opinions. I think our position in the league is due to many factors, one of which is player form…in our case the form of Ayala, Buckley, Dolan, Rothwell, BBD and Pickering. But in spite of the form of Nyambe.

If I’m honest, I don’t think it’s form with RN. I think he’s just not a great footballer. His game intelligence and technique are poor! He’s bailed out a lot by his physical attributes which are AWESOME! I think he’d make a good right side CB in a 3. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Just opinions. I think our position in the league is due to many factors, one of which is player form…in our case the form of Ayala, Buckley, Dolan, Rothwell, BBD and Pickering. But in spite of the form of Nyambe.

If I’m honest, I don’t think it’s form with RN. I think he’s just not a great footballer. His game intelligence and technique are poor! He’s bailed out a lot by his physical attributes which are AWESOME! I think he’d make a good right side CB in a 3. 

I'd agree with that.

If you watch him get forward he'll always get to the box then pass to someone else, he never crosses the ball. I imagine he doesn't want to lose the ball by putting in a poor cross. Either he knows his limitations or he's lacking some confidence in that department.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Cos it doesn't exist.  We clobber chaddy for believing Maggot,  why does everyone believe we have an option?

Like you say, I'd have triggered it weeks ago....

Unless it triggers a large loyalty payment and they are open to a sale in January if a big enough bid is made?💁

1 hour ago, booth said:

I'd agree with that.

If you watch him get forward he'll always get to the box then pass to someone else, he never crosses the ball. I imagine he doesn't want to lose the ball by putting in a poor cross. Either he knows his limitations or he's lacking some confidence in that department.

I think it says something that he has yet to score for the club. You don’t expect a full back to be prolific but over the course of 3/4 seasons you’d think that he’d have at least got a couple. Pickering is a good example already.

I used to be a massive Nyambe fan and don’t get me wrong he’s a decent player but I do believe he’s replaceable and it won’t cost fortunes either. He’s big and strong and does the defensive work well but the more I’ve watched him this season the more it’s clear to me that going forward he’s pretty useless on the whole. Out of those out of contract lads he’s the one I’d have the least concern about replacing.

• Like 5

The thing with Nyambe is that he is a very good one on one defender yet everyone seems more focused on how good full backs are going forward. Nyambe does offer a threat going forward albeit a bit of a compromised one as he knows that his final ball is poor so it is often through facing defenders up almost like a winger and pulling the ball back.

I have no doubt that when we goes, that any replacement will not be equal to him.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Butty said:

I used to be a massive Nyambe fan and don’t get me wrong he’s a decent player but I do believe he’s replaceable and it won’t cost fortunes either. He’s big and strong and does the defensive work well but the more I’ve watched him this season the more it’s clear to me that going forward he’s pretty useless on the whole. Out of those out of contract lads he’s the one I’d have the least concern about replacing.

There’s a difference between whether he IS replaceable and whether WE can replace him. While I don’t doubt there are alternatives out there I do doubt our ability to spot and sign them. 

16 minutes ago, yankfan said:

There’s a difference between whether he IS replaceable and whether WE can replace him. While I don’t doubt there are alternatives out there I do doubt our ability to spot and sign them. 

Correct in my opinion. Pike could replace Nyambe, that does not mean he will strengthen our defensive position, which for me is the main aim of a full-back.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, rigger said:

Correct in my opinion. Pike could replace Nyambe, that does not mean he will strengthen our defensive position, which for me is the main aim of a full-back.

This is where I have a problem with using Pickering as an example.  He's OK going forward but he can't defend one on one, his attempts to stop crosses are laughable at times.  Nyambe is a tough lad to get round.

• Like 4