BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

7 minutes ago, AAK said:

Their ground holds 11k, and they have plenty of empty seats every week in the championship. Build their ground bigger as much as they want, but in this league they won’t get more than 9.5k home supporters.

I think the point that matty was saying was that they missed their chance to grow their fanbase by not getting a bugger better stadium when they were in the Premiership.

• Like 1

Bournemouth is a huge place but lacks footballing or sporting tradition. One of the main reasons for that is because it has always been a resort or retirement town where people migrate to from elsewhere in the country.

More generally that part of the world has never had footballing power. Whether it be Bournemouth, Bristol, Plymouth, Exeter or South Wales there really isn't much to show in accomplishments.

Affluent and prosperous yes but a tiny club propped up with Russian and PL money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I think the point that matty was saying was that they missed their chance to grow their fanbase by not getting a bugger better stadium when they were in the Premiership.

What type of fanbase would that attract ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, only2garners said:

Bugger? Was that the rear end of the stadium?

I get what Matt was saying, but it’s pretty irrelevant, they wouldn’t fill a much bigger stadium on a long term basis, and the other poster stating the catchment area, again, irrelevant mate. They will never attract massive crowds. 

okay they could build a bigger ground with say a capacity of 20k, and they’d fill it in the EPL, in big games, but bar that they won’t fill it and it would cost them millions upon millions, and I’m confident Bournemouth will become pretty irrelevant once again in the next few years. They’re a small club and always will be.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Does he?Id say the he has about as much as a clue as the rest of us.

When was the last time(if ever) he broke a transfer story?

Like today for example, he said he enquired if Maja was the European based player we were hoping to sign.If it is him do you think the club would have said yes Rich?Do you think the club would tell him how much money we have to spend.

The majority of the transfer news when broken comes from elsewhere  and the Let follow it up.

Agreed, the club keeps their transfer cards close to the chest these days, which often leads to frustration amongst fans as it may appear we're not doing much or interested in anyone. Recent transfer/loan business has been good and the players for the most part relative unknowns.

Pre Venkys I bet most on here had a source within the club but those days are long gone and it's better for the good of the club....

• Like 3

Just now, islander200 said:

Sharpe also said the reason no spend on transfer fees is due to ffp.I take it your a believer now?

I have never said that FFP isnt an issue, just that I dont believe we are on the boundary of it, neither do you if you wanted investment in this window. I also dont understand why people make out as if FFP didnt exist, then Venkys would be spending more, using it as an excuse to defend them.

I also have never made out that Rich Sharpe is all knowing. I would agree that he seldom if ever breaks stories, bar perhaps the Markanday one directly from an interview. But when he gets stories quashed, they tend not to happen. He does know more than what is written on here because there hasnt been ITK know how on here in years, although that isnt a problem to me.

What and when exactly did he say that we arent spending because of FFP?

You are like a dog with a bone regarding FFP.

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I have never said that FFP isnt an issue, just that I dont believe we are on the boundary of it, neither do you if you wanted investment in this window. I also dont understand why people make out as if FFP didnt exist, then Venkys would be spending more, using it as an excuse to defend them.

I also have never made out that Rich Sharpe is all knowing. I would agree that he seldom if ever breaks stories, bar perhaps the Markanday one directly from an interview. But when he gets stories quashed, they tend not to happen. He does know more than what is written on here because there hasnt been ITK know how on here in years, although that isnt a problem to me.

What and when exactly did he say that we arent spending because of FFP?

You are like a dog with a bone regarding FFP.

The Markanday transfer he had as a loan.A permanent deal was mentioned from the Spurs side.

I  don't think the club discuss names or finance and keep their cards close to their chest when it comes to the let.They only ever go into detail when the players name is already in the public domain after someone else breaking it.

I believe after the deal is done he has more access to information about the deal, the club will answer his questions then.

We might not be after Maja and maybe we have hardly any money to spend but he wouldn't know,.

People maybe think they would spend a bit of money due to the fact they spent 12 million on 3 attackers in the space of a year, brought 12 players through the door last season with no crowds and other seasons money has been spent and wasted.

You are right they have gone through periods of spending only to cut the budget totally back.

It usually coincides when coming to the end of a cycle.You have your views on Ffp but the majority of people reporting on it and people on here clued up on it say we have very little leeway.

Sharpe has said plenty of times in his pieces that finance is tight with the club having to stay within the Ffp guidelines, he has said it on twitter as well.

Sorry for all the edits putting my lad in bed

Edited by islander200

8 minutes ago, Norn Iron Rover said:

The club have become very good at keeping any potential transfers under wraps until the deals are all but done. Makes me think this 'overseas' player will be someone we haven't previously been linked with (and possibly never heard of).  

And that is exactly how it should be...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

I always think of them in the old 4th division. That's where they were when I was a kid and used to listen to the results on tv

Yep. Ted McDougal, Phil Boyer.

Ironically when I first started supporting us in the early 70's the game against Bournemouth in the old 3rd division was one of the biggest of the season.

Wasn't John Bond subsequently of City and Dingles fame their manager?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

Bournemouth, Exeter City, Bristol City, Bristol Rovers, Yeovil & Plymouth Argyle.......a massive south west catchment area and between them all they have achieved what?.......didly squat and it will be forever thus!

old people go on holiday to bournemouth,it`s not a football town,compared to portsmouth and southampton and brighton it`s tiny in the football sense

the problem of the west country winning **** all is down to the fact that plymouth and bristol are basically in the middle of nowhere based in an area where rugby is the main sport(bath,bristol,gloucester  and exeter get very healthy crowds)rugby is massive in devon and cornwall,it`s one of the very few areas in the country where football is`nt the major draw

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Does he?Id say the he has about as much as a clue as the rest of us.

When was the last time(if ever) he broke a transfer story?

Like today for example, he said he enquired if Maja was the European based player we were hoping to sign.If it is him do you think the club would have said yes Rich?Do you think the club would tell him how much money we have to spend.

The majority of the transfer news when broken comes from elsewhere  and the Let follow it up.

Exactly.

He doesn't know who the unspecified Championship Club are who are in for Maja.

He doesn't know who the unnamed foreign target we are closing on is is. Even after Mowbray told him there was one.

Is regurgitating what everyone else  is currently saying that IF Hedges happens it'll be a pre contract agreement.

As has been pointed out, previously thought Markanday would be a loan.

Doesn't know much about anything does he?

• Like 1