BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’ve watched him play three times since the rumours started and quite liked him on each occasion. He’s direct, powerful and drifts off the right side into goal scoring positions. He’ll suit our current system perfectly…

But my assumption on him is based more on the furore that him leaving has caused. Aberdeen have seemingly rolled out the red carpet in an attempt to get him to sign a new deal. The manager has spoken specifically of Hedges and the “unbelievable” deal he’s been offered there. That type of stuff is saved for your best players / player.

As for the fans, I think a lot of their anger is based on them losing tonight as well as anger  at the player for refusing to sign.

Id 100% get him in this window to help us get over the line. Fwiw I think he’ll end up more of a squad player behind the likes of BBD, Gally, Khadra and Markanday - but if they can get him in and fired up he’ll be a good option - imo

It seems like based on the fact that he is still starting for Aberdeen combined with reports in the LT that it is one for the summer. As an additional option even off the bench I could perhaps understand it although it seems that our restrictive budget wont allow. If that isnt an option though, a pre contract makes no sense especially with the uncertainty over division. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Nah hedges is bollocks, don’t see why we want him 

Can you not.? Check who's on the payroll up there and tell me there's nothing dodgy going on ?.......absolute average Joe and we are seemingly desperate for him....especially why would we sign him now when we might go up...? Certainly a couple of brown envelopes knocking about here...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

It seems like based on the fact that he is still starting for Aberdeen combined with reports in the LT that it is one for the summer. As an additional option even off the bench I could perhaps understand it although it seems that our restrictive budget wont allow. If that isnt an option though, a pre contract makes no sense especially with the uncertainty over division. 

As an affordable option I think  it’s worth us bringing him in now ideally to support our push but a PCA is fine by me too. We don’t own Khadra or Poveda so we’re potentially quite light in those positions by the summer…promotion is by no means nailed on with 18 games to go and Hedges is a good option in the champ.

IF and that’s a big IF we go up then we’d probably have to look at replacing a lot of first team just to stay up….Hedges would be the least of our worries and either way it’s a good problem to have?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, islander200 said:

In his last ten starts he has 5 goals and 3 assists.Im not his biggest fan either but those are good numbers

Gallagher plays out of position most games and is still coming back from injury, he defends at corners and free kicks, attacks and generally runs his socks off, he's a mangers dream and scores a few in the process.

The knee jerk reaction on here after Hull was embarrassing, he was poor along with 10 others, but the continued criticism of Gallagher makes no sense to anyone who watches us on a regular basis. If you're expecting 20 goals a season from out wide good luck, Gallagher is an excellent player at this level, is still only young and no wonder Mowbray gave him a new contract. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

He’s not ‘excellent’ at this level, but he’s certainly a decent finisher.

But he has lot of work to do when it comes to control and using his height and strength.

Comes with experience more than any physical changes though. 

12 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

after watching hedges and aberdeen tonight  ,i would`nt be going anywhere near him,he`s bloody awful,as are aberdeen,quite rightly he`s been given the hook after an hour

maybe his head is turned and already focused on coming to Rovers?

38 minutes ago, Gav said:

Gallagher plays out of position most games and is still coming back from injury, he defends at corners and free kicks, attacks and generally runs his socks off, he's a mangers dream and scores a few in the process.

The knee jerk reaction on here after Hull was embarrassing, he was poor along with 10 others, but the continued criticism of Gallagher makes no sense to anyone who watches us on a regular basis. If you're expecting 20 goals a season from out wide good luck, Gallagher is an excellent player at this level, is still only young and no wonder Mowbray gave him a new contract. 

I don't think it was knee-jerk after Hull. Did you see his performance the week before against Cardiff? Or when he came on against Huddersfield? Both were poor.

For my money he still flattered to deceive on Monday. He may have bagged a goal but he is incredibly frustrating to watch. You're a big, strong unit, put yourself about and win some headers!

• Like 1

Why are people making excuses after one decent game  for Gallagher who's been abysmal since he rejoined the Club?

It's because we've had countless players like Gallagher over the years who haven't performed that we've had eleven dismal seasons.

Thankfully players other than him have finally started performing and as a result we're doing much better. But let's not give him any plaudits.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BigUts said:

I don't think it was knee-jerk after Hull. Did you see his performance the week before against Cardiff? Or when he came on against Huddersfield? Both were poor.

For my money he still flattered to deceive on Monday. He may have bagged a goal but he is incredibly frustrating to watch. You're a big, strong unit, put yourself about and win some headers!

What if I told you Sam Gallagher was the most successful player on the pitch for aerial duels on Monday....  

12/20 won.

Next closest was Crooks for them. 

It's a bit of a myth that he's shite in the air, BUT I will also say that yes I'm sure he could absolutely be better. It's almost as though he's a bit worried about getting clouted sometimes. 

He isn't strong at all despite his height, his frame is best described as gangly. If he works on his muscle mass he's gonna struggle, a lot, to work his socks off for 90 minutes like he did Monday.

The above are factors in why he's playing in the championship though and not a higher level, simple as that - otherwise he'd basically be a much paler Didier Drogba.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

What if I told you Sam Gallagher was the most successful player on the pitch for aerial duels on Monday....  

12/20 won.

It's a bit of a myth that he's shite in the air, BUT I will also say that yes I'm sure he could absolutely be better. It's almost as though he's a bit worried about getting clouted sometimes. 

He isn't strong at all despite his height, his frame is best described as gangly. If he works on his muscle mass he's gonna struggle, a lot, to work his socks off for 90 minutes like he did Monday.

The above are factors in why he's playing in the championship though and not a higher level, simple as that - otherwise he'd basically be a much paler Didier Drogba.....

Of the 12 won, how many went to one of our players?

2 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

12/20 won.

That’s the first time I’ve seen him play his weight in the air and he’s 6ft 4 inches tall.  He must have read what was being said about him on here !

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19874362.blackburn-rovers-shelve-transfer-plan-dilan-markanday-injury/

I don't agree with the idea of keeping Butterworth, he isn't very good, I would probably look to sell if possible.

I am guessing that if we need Butterworth, then it doesn't instil confidence over likely recruits, maybe it will be 1 at most to replace Markanday.

Even at the weekend, I would have Chapman on the bench over him, a player with similar work rate questions but one who has proven that he can score and create at senior level. And I would happily see him go too, although the 2 club rule makes that impossible unless Burton want him back.

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Why are people making excuses after one decent game  for Gallagher who's been abysmal since he rejoined the Club?

It's because we've had countless players like Gallagher over the years who haven't performed that we've had eleven dismal seasons.

Thankfully players other than him have finally started performing and as a result we're doing much better. But let's not give him any plaudits.

So 5 goals and 3 assists in 10 starts isn't good going?

Everyone recognizes he isn't the most technically gifted but he is playing his part .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19874362.blackburn-rovers-shelve-transfer-plan-dilan-markanday-injury/

I don't agree with the idea of keeping Butterworth, he isn't very good, I would probably look to sell if possible.

I am guessing that if we need Butterworth, then it doesn't instil confidence over likely recruits, maybe it will be 1 at most to replace Markanday.

Even at the weekend, I would have Chapman on the bench over him, a player with similar work rate questions but one who has proven that he can score and create at senior level. And I would happily see him go too, although the 2 club rule makes that impossible unless Burton want him back.

It’s significant that a club playing at Burton’s level don’t appear to want him back.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Even when he plays well and gets the winner? 

I don't rate him either and wouldn't have given him a new deal but you have to give credit and plaudits when due.

His goalscoring record this season compared to minutes/starts is pretty reasonable too. "Abysmal since he rejoined the club" is hyperbolic.

• Like 6