BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

It's your attitude towards younger players that is nonsensical.Earlier in the season Butterworth was bright when he came on and is clearly rated higher than Chapman at the club.

It's the same thing with Buckley every single week you were dropping him. 

Butterworth may turn out to not be up to it at this level but I'm certain me , you and anyone else on here haven't seen enough of him at senior level to know if  he isn't very useful 

I do respect your views and there is a lot of stuff I agree with what you say.

But when it comes to this I just don't think you have an eye for a younger player like Buckley, Brererton useless, Armstrong wont be good up front for us etc.

I criticise players myself but I don't make statements like ",I don't think Butterworth is useful" after a few sub appearances and a couple of those he was decent

If he hasn't in your opinion played enough football to warrant the development of an opinion, then that is fair enough but surely you would choose to look past anyone else who does share an opinion.

I actually said "not THAT useful" which may seem a pedantic correction but it does make a difference. Truthfully, looking to Saturday if we are a goal down and Gallagher and Khadra are not offering much threat, I would still be incredibly reluctant to turn to Butterworth in that I think at this moment, he doesn't really impact on games, quality/threat wise he is well off either of those and indeed any of our attacking options, they are still on a poor performance more likely to come up with a goal and coupled with his fitness and work rate/off the ball issues, he can become a bit of a liability.

You have taken my comments on other players out of context and to be honest I cannot remember your opinions on any of those 3 but I am guessing that you was consistent with all of them that they would get to the level that they got to as soon as they have.

Chapman should also be let go and it may be believed internally that Butterworth is more useful than him but again this is an internet forum where we share OUR opinions rather than those of people within the club. I don't think either can significantly (if at all) contribute towards a Championship side gunning for promotion but if I had to choose one to have in reserve, I would opt for Chapman to be more likely to have an impact based on proving at senior level that he can impact games with goals and assists, and also as it makes more sense in that unless Burton take him back, he can't leave anyway.

Taking a step back, I think it is everyone's best interests for Butterworth to leave the club in this window. I don't see him even when we are stretched offering much, and from his opinion after 2 years out and with the prospect of at best the occasional sub appearance, he really needs regular football. I personally think a clean break and a transfer with a high sell on to a League 1 or 2 club would be ideal for him, especially as his contract expires in the summer. 

58 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Slow day on the transfer front then?

Only 5 more days to go, have to pull our fingers out otherwise it'll be yet another extremely disappointing window given the position we're in.

We always act late in the window, but so are most teams this window so far to be fair. Can't think of many teams who've done much, if any, credible business so far.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Only 5 more days to go, have to pull our fingers out otherwise it'll be yet another extremely disappointing window given the position we're in.

We really need 2 or 3 more. Zeefuick looks like the only good signing for this season.

Mowbray worked wonders in the summer on a shoestring budget slashed by our billionaire owners, the quality he brought into the club has made a massive difference. His buys for a fee record is second to none, give the man some money you inept morons or risk blowing this opportunity to recoup all the money you've already pissed down the drain.

Its simple really.

• Like 1

Just now, Gav said:

Mowbray worked wonders in the summer on a shoestring budget slashed by our billionaire owners, the quality he brought into the club has made a massive difference. His buys for a fee record is second to none, give the man some money you inept morons or risk blowing this opportunity to recoup all the money you've already pissed down the drain.

Its simple really.

The budget had to be slashed at the time due to Mowbray and Waggott leading us into severe FFP problems.

There should be a lot more leeway given the owners bailed us out yet again with the accounting exercise on Brockhall and subsequently with the Armstrong money hitting the accounts during the current FFP cycle so agree wholeheartedly about the need for a calculated gamble on going up over the next few days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

We always act late in the window, but so are most teams this window so far to be fair. Can't think of many teams who've done much, if any, credible business so far.

Any plans for another transfer window closing stream next week? I believe it was @JoeH involved? It was a nice alternative to the guff spouted on Sky. 

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As long as we don't lose any key players I'll be happy with the window, as has be pointed out numerous times by others... The less team selection options Mowbray has the less chance there is of him getting silly and cocking things up.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The budget had to be slashed at the time due to Mowbray and Waggott leading us into severe FFP problems.

There should be a lot more leeway given the owners bailed us out yet again with the accounting exercise on Brockhall and subsequently with the Armstrong money hitting the accounts during the current FFP cycle so agree wholeheartedly about the need for a calculated gamble on going up over the next few days.

How many times have posters on this site told you? It has nothing to do with the current manager or CEO, we've had severe FFP problems since Venkys walked through the door, its the owners who are responsible, not the 4 managers who have been hamstrung by FFP under this lot. 

They sacked legends of the club when they arrived in the name of getting wages under control, they failed, they still fail today and you're the only one who can't see it. 

Shit or bust this right now Rev, they should put or sod off.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gav said:

Its simple really.

You say he works wonders on a miniscule budget but you then want them risk him buggering it all up by giving him a ton to spend 🤷‍♂️

If we don't lose any of our main first team players this window, we don't need to make any big money signings, with everyone fit tge only thing we are short of is maybe a couple of backup squad players to help cover any injuries. 

28 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

You say he works wonders on a miniscule budget but you then want them risk him buggering it all up by giving him a ton to spend 🤷‍♂️

If we don't lose any of our main first team players this window, we don't need to make any big money signings, with everyone fit tge only thing we are short of is maybe a couple of backup squad players to help cover any injuries. 

So when Kevin de Bruyne tells Man City he wants to sign to Blackburn Rovers you'd say no thanks? He had his budget slashed in the summer, but bought really well. Armstrong and Brereton when a fee was involved, Kaminsky too, Rothwell?

We are threadbare right now, we need quality/experience bringing into the club to get us over the line, otherwise an injury or 2 sees us tail off. Its been that way since I started watching us 70's, we always tailed off because our squad can't cope, surely you see that right now?

Edited by Gav

12 minutes ago, Gav said:

So when Kevin de Bruyne tells Man City he wants to sign to Blackburn Rovers you'd say no thanks? He had his budget slashed in the summer, but bought really well with Armstrong and Brereton when a fee was involved, Kaminsky too, Rothwell?

We are threadbare right now, we need quality/experience bringing into the club to get us over the line, otherwise an injury or 2 sees us tail off. Its been that way since I started watching us 70's, we always tailed off because our squad can't cope, surely you see that right now?

Sorry you lost me there a at Kevin de bruyne

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

Gallagher runs himself into the ground which is admirable and prevents the opposition playing it out. But that's a double edged sword, it means he's expending bags of energy away from his attacking game, it also pulls him into some questionable positons. Contrast Gallagher with a Rhodes who made a career out of just poaching around. I'd like to see Gallagher given a chance through the middle with a bit more of his energy preserved for attacking.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Gallagher runs himself into the ground which is admirable and prevents the opposition playing it out. But that's a double edged sword, it means he's expending bags of energy away from his attacking game, it also pulls him into some questionable positons. Contrast Gallagher with a Rhodes who made a career out of just poaching around. I'd like to see Gallagher given a chance through the middle with a bit more of his energy preserved for attacking.

Gallagher is a waste of a squad selection if played anywhere other than centre forward. But still I'm pretty sure he'd easily score around 20 a season in the championship playing 40 odd games as the main centre forward

9 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Sorry you lost me there a at Kevin de bruyne

Plays for Man City and Belgium, you know the chap, best midfield player in the world? 

Then again, maybe you don't...

Don’t see an awful lot of difference between Gallagher and Shefqi Kuqi both have very similar qualities and weaknesses … one is a cult hero one a a waste of space , don’t get it really perhaps it’s because one  came with a big price tag 

2 minutes ago, AJW said:

Don’t see an awful lot of difference between Gallagher and Shefqi Kuqi both have very similar qualities and weaknesses … one is a cult hero one a a waste of space , don’t get it really perhaps it’s because one  came with a big price tag 

To be fair at the time most people probably complained Kuqi wasn’t good enough either.

• Like 1