BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

Just now, Rochdale_rover said:

Go back and read my comments on him on the past .

He's your typical match of the day player

Fair enough if that's always been your view on him. Not just you but it's coming across as though people are taking it as personally as if they'd been binned off by their girlfriend/boyfriend. You have to remember it's a job for these players, they're not Rovers fans like us.

I'm only interested in it from the Club's point of view and unless an offer of around £10m has come in from a PL Club I don't think we have to do anything at all.

And even if that were the case I doubt we could adequately replace him in time.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

You cannot underestimate how much Rothell simply dislikes Mowbray. All the mismanagement, being dropped, weird interview comments have undoubtedly added up to this point. 

Likewise with Nyambe I'd suspect. Main surprise of the three is Lenihan, as he's routinely been backed by the manager. However he seems to harbour ambitions of the Premier League. Of the three I'd take a guess that he'd be the most likely to sign on, especially if we're promoted. 

• Like 1

Tbh this might be cutting my nose off to spite my face but if he's refused to play I'd fine him a month's wages. Then I would not allow him to train with the rest of the team and make him come in at awkward times of the day for fitness training well away from the rest of the first team squad.

• Like 1

I don't really understand why people can't comprehend why Rothwell may want to go to Bournemouth.

First things first, they will offer much more money than Venkys are willing to, its a short career, can understand that.

Yes, there may be potential for better offers in the summer, its risk and reward, but a long contract on a decent wage to the level he wants would be very tempting.

There is also a potential for family reasons, maybe he wants to live down South with his family, or his girlfriend is pushing, we just dont know.

He would still get a signing on fee now and he may feel that Bournemouth have a better chance of promotion than us, the league table suggests that both are in practically identical positions.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

There’s something in this Rothwell rumour. I’m not 100% whether he’s asked to leave but he’s certainly not travelled. 

Let's hope the rumour stems from a source as reliable as the one that stated that he was leaving the night of the Leeds friendly match in the summer to be replaced by Adam Reach!

Just now, alderson777 said:

I'm next to certain he will leave

Where is this from?

Add Joe Rothwell to the list (chairman Derek Dougan) of Rovers players who've sought moves at the worst possible times.

Did Mowbray see this coming, because he's got barely 2-3 days to come up with an adequate replacement. 

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Add Joe Rothwell to the list (chairman Derek Dougan) of Rovers players who've sought moves at the worst possible times.

Did Mowbray see this coming, because he's got barely 2-3 days to come up with an adequate replacement. 

Situation is easily solved.

Rovers say no.

Not a chance he’s going to Bournemouth. For a few million we’re better leaving him in the u23s than sell to a rival. Would be suicidal. 

Brentford or a Prem team is a different matter, could see that happening and I could see us accepting it (not that I’d agree with that either)

At least we can now answer the “who drops out to fit Dack into this team?” question. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 3

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Samba's captain for me, but many seem to give him a free pass, i suppose cos of the odious Kean factor.

Even went to a poxy Russian club, wouldn't have minded as much if he went somewhere decent.

At least if Brentford JR is upgrading, for now. 

11 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Tbh this might be cutting my nose off to spite my face but if he's refused to play I'd fine him a month's wages. Then I would not allow him to train with the rest of the team and make him come in at awkward times of the day for fitness training well away from the rest of the first team squad.

If he's going I'd want a good fee and to get it done quickly.

There are loads of reasons why he could want to go. Thanks for your efforts, good luck for the future, next!