BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

This is all speculation at the minute anyway so il give him the benefit of the doubt for now.Many had Nyambe signing for Leeds when it became known that we were bringing in Zeefuik.

Fingers crossed Mowbray will rubbish these rumours tomorrow

@glen9mullansays he’s genuinely injured and going nowhere and has a decent record on these things. So who knows. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

We've known all season that his contract was expiring at the end of the season and he hadn't any intention of signing what Rovers had offered.

How much clearer can he, Lenihan and Nyambe make it that they "want out"?

At the start of the season we were a mid table side going nowhere fast we are now second in the league?

What was all that stuff about enjoying his football from Rothwell the other week so?

21 minutes ago, Silas said:

Samba's captain for me, but many seem to give him a free pass, i suppose cos of the odious Kean factor.

Even went to a poxy Russian club, wouldn't have minded as much if he went somewhere decent.

At least if Brentford JR is upgrading, for now. 

Barclays were demanding their 10 million pr the wages weren't being paid, Vs allegedly couldn't get it sent across in time due to new Indian laws about movement of money.

Big Chris was being offered 100k pwk by the mad Ruski, a [erfect storm really but it did save Rovers a monumental amount of aggro.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

At the start of the season we were a mid table side going nowhere fast we are now second in the league?

What was all that stuff about enjoying his football from Rothwell the other week so?

When we were a mid-table side he didn't sign a new contract. Now we're second he's still not signing a new contract. Not sure how someone enjoying their football and looking for the best deal for next season are mutually exclusive events.

End of the day, we want Rothwell to stay then it's clear we need to go back in there right now with a deal that is improvement on what was rejected. Otherwise it's been pretty clear that there's a good chance that he's either off now or at the end of the season.

Edited by TheRoversReturn

24 minutes ago, Rochdale_rover said:

I get that. And understand he's not one of us. 

But to do it now with 3 days left of the window is a c@nts trick.

Don't get me wrong he has been good this season and it does hurt the fact he's doing this now when we are in the best position we've been in 10 years .

Even if we get 4 million tomorrow who do we get in who can hit the ground running.

Also fully understand he's been messed around with positions and games the last few years but only last week 'he loves it and is playing the best football of his career ' and now he wants out and by the looks of it been pretending to be injured

What is the actual evidence that any of this is true other than some randomer on the internet claiming Rothwell has asked for a move after which everything has snowballed and sources who you might normally place slightly more faith in are now suddenly saying there's something in it even though prior to the random rumour said sources didn't  have the slightest inkling anything was amiss?

Even if he has asked for a move it's even more of a no brainer  for me than it was a couple of days ago when it was a no brainer that no one left this month.

It's too close to the end of the window.

Enjoy your couple of days off Joe and see you next Tuesday. (Pun not intended).

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Many players have passed medicals whilst injured.

Is there anything of substance in this Rothwell rumour or is it purely from "sources" like the Nyambe one the other week? 

My point was if these rumours are true and 24 hours after the manager said he wouldn't be sold with us sat 2nd in the table then I don't believe these "back issues". Guess we would see how quickly he made his debut for his new club.

Might be lost in amongst this lot, however I’d be looking at Bielik from Derby if we’re after a midfielder. Meant to be back from injury and not long ago was (I think) bought for around £8million from Arsenal.

IF JOE and its a big IF he can wait until the summer, get a fat paycheck and go to a bigger club than Bournemouth..... this is not the best timing....for me he can stay and go on a free in the summer... It stinks if you leave now.......if he must I do believe he really hate Blackburn and probably Mowbray....maybe a revenge on Mowbray in some way?

5 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

When we were a mid-table side he didn't sign a new contract. Now we're second he's still not signing a new contract. Not sure how someone enjoying their football and looking for the best deal for next season are mutually exclusive events.

End of the day, we want Rothwell to stay then it's clear we need to go back in there right now with a deal that is improvement on what was rejected. Otherwise it's been pretty clear that there's a good chance that he's either off now or at the end of the season.

It's 4 months.There is absolutely no guarantee whatever move he makes will work out.We are playing much better than Bournemouth at the minute.If we were to get promoted do you think our offers would stay the same ffs?

And if he continues to perform then he will have no shortage of offers in the summer .

And don't give me that about he might get injured.There are loads of players coming to the end of their contracts,why ain't they demanding moves.You telling me we have had zero interest in Lenihen and Nyambe?

You sign a contract you respect it.End of

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, neophox said:

IF JOE and its a big IF he can wait until the summer, get a fat paycheck and go to a bigger club than Bournemouth..... this is not the best timing....for me he can stay and go on a free in the summer... It stinks if you leave now.......if he must I do believe he really hate Blackburn and probably Mowbray....maybe a revenge on Mowbray in some way?

There’s absolutely no guarantee the same clubs interested now (allegedly) will be interested in summer. He could break his leg on the final day of the season. 

I wish I didn’t but I can understand his thinking - if what is reported is true. More money and PL football both guaranteed right now? At 27… I think I’d do it as well. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, neophox said:

Behave yourself. If and its a big if he wants out. Money will be the driving force, who wouldnt turn down a big pay rise. Location, family, stability, chances of PL football, all will play a part. Petty revenge on a manager and a club who have both been hugely beneficial to him?

I hope we make a "Swift" move now if Joe leaves....very disappointing if true.... don think we can replace him... money talks. Venkys cashing in... where's the ambition...were in our best position for years and theres alot of money in the Premier League....

If Joe leaves....I would try to sign John Swift as a replacement.

Edited by neophox

2 minutes ago, FortressEwood said:

It's like a hen house in here.

An Instagram photo with his children means he isn't injured?

Get a grip.

No it's these rumours that he asked to leave and this is why he isn't in the squad tomorrow.

Mowbray said he was fit the other day.

At the minute I'm not buying these rumours but it is worrying that Unleaded who is reliable hinted something in it

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

There’s absolutely no guarantee the same clubs interested now (allegedly) will be interested in summer. He could break his leg on the final day of the season. 

I wish I didn’t but I can understand his thinking - if what is reported is true. More money and PL football both guaranteed right now? At 27… I think I’d do it as well. 

Where are the reports? No one has even hinted as to the type of source of this gossip, there are no links, the most substantial thing thus far is a picture of Rothwell having his dinner and a journalist saying he wont be involved tomorrow which ties in to the fact that he has had an injury.

Just now, neophox said:

I hope we make a Swift move now if Joe leaves....very disappointing if true.... we cant replace him... money talks.

No chance that Swift would be attainable.

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

It's 4 months.There is absolutely no guarantee whatever move he makes will work out.We are playing much better than Bournemouth at the minute.If we were to get promoted do you think our offers would stay the same ffs?

And if he continues to perform then he will have no shortage of offers in the summer .

I think these rumours are completely malicious and don't make the slightest bit of sense.

I would say it's more likely than not that either us or Bournemouth will go up automatically. If he stays put then he'll probably have the choice of staying here if we go up, or taking his pick of PL Clubs because he's performed, or going to Bournemouth because they've gone up.

If he moves now and they don't go up he's completely goosed.

If however a PL Club have come in at the last minute with a better offer than we've been hearing about then that's not Rothwell's fault. As a Club we should turn it down though unless the offer is absolutely massive and we could get a suitable replacement in before Monday night which I very much doubt.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Many players have passed medicals whilst injured.

Is there anything of substance in this Rothwell rumour or is it purely from "sources" like the Nyambe one the other week? 

Duh.I was saying I won't believe there is any back issues if these rumours are true.