BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

7 minutes ago, FortressEwood said:

It's like a hen house in here.

An Instagram photo with his children means he isn't injured?

Get a grip.

You’re right. I’m going to hide every post on this discussion board unless it’s factually proven to be correct. We’ve been doing it wrong all of this time, allowing people to discuss speculation, what where we thinking?!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

There’s absolutely no guarantee the same clubs interested now (allegedly) will be interested in summer. He could break his leg on the final day of the season. 

I wish I didn’t but I can understand his thinking - if what is reported is true. More money and PL football both guaranteed right now? At 27… I think I’d do it as well. 

Sorry what's "being reported" and by whom?

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I think these rumours are completely malicious and don't make the slightest bit of sense.

I would say it's more likely than not that either us or Bournemouth will go up automatically. If he stays put then he'll probably have the choice of staying here if we go up, or taking his pick of PL Clubs because he's performed, or going to Bournemouth because they've gone up.

If he moves now and they don't go up he's completely goosed.

If however a PL Club have come in at the last minute with a better offer than we've been hearing about then that's not Rothwell's fault. As a Club we should turn it down though unless the offer is absolutely massive and we could get a suitable replacement in before Monday night which I very much doubt.

In fairness earlier I wasn't buying it at all but it's the amount of people saying he wants out now.Still not believing it though.

Sad state of affairs we will have to wait until TM speaks after the match as whatever is written by the local media will be guesswork

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sorry what's "being reported" and by whom?

https://www.dorset.live/sport/football/football-news/joe-rothwell-left-out-blackburn-6569438

Thats the most ‘official’ report. That he’s not in the squad and Bournemouth remain interested. 

Theres plenty of unofficial speculation alongside it, though. Starting on Facebook, discussed on here (see 5 pages back) and now on Twitter. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FortressEwood said:

It's like a hen house in here.

An Instagram photo with his children means he isn't injured?

Get a grip.

Well said.

You forgot to mention that by sharing a picture of his family on social media JR is also sending a craftily coded message to the opposition manager that he won't be playing tomorrow!

Tin hats on.

Just now, J*B said:

https://www.dorset.live/sport/football/football-news/joe-rothwell-left-out-blackburn-6569438

Thats the most ‘official’ report. That he’s not in the squad and Bournemouth remain interested. 

Theres plenty of unofficial speculation alongside it, though. Starting on Facebook, discussed on here (see 5 pages back) and now on Twitter. 

Wasnt the supposed destination an unnamed PL team?

2 hours ago, unleaded said:

These sudden back aches are not a good sign …. Mowbray won’t be messed about … 2 games in a row now when he  knows Rovers need all hands to the pump ! Shocking from the player …. Unfair on the other players 

So thats why Hedges coming this window....something happened today...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

It's 4 months.There is absolutely no guarantee whatever move he makes will work out.We are playing much better than Bournemouth at the minute.If we were to get promoted do you think our offers would stay the same ffs?

And if he continues to perform then he will have no shortage of offers in the summer .

Presumably he's considering all those hypotheticals and weighing them up relating to what he will be offered. It's all a gamble. You are right there is no guarantee that the move will work out. Then again, no guarantee that we will get promoted. No guarantee that he won't break a leg. No guarantee that he "continues to perform". But, perhaps there is a guaranteed four year contract that multiplies his earnings by five or six times. 

Does he take those gambles or does he make the move now? Deal or no deal? Sounds like he at least wants to talk to this team.

I obviously don't want us to lose any of the three to-be out of contract players right now. I want the best chance at promotion, but that's me as Rovers fan. I do understand the logic behind why a footballer would want to maximise his earnings for himself and his family. Would I turn down a big improvement in salary and setting myself up in a financially better way when my earning potential which I'd work towards for year after year was at its maximum? Taking the emotion out of it, absolutely I'd consider any such offer.  

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Wasnt the supposed destination an unnamed PL team?

Speculated on here/Facebook/Twitter, yeah. It’s all speculation until Mowbray speaks to the media after the game tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I wasnt aiming that at you or indeed anyone in particular.

Sorry man expected the next couple of days to be about arrivals but now facing losing one of our better performers potentially to a promotion rival has annoyed the shit out of me.

Fingers crossed this will be just another Nyambe to Leeds etc

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

That's just a regurgitation of the same sort of innuendo and rumours as we've seen on here though.

Proof of the pudding will be in the eating I guess.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That's just a regurgitation of the same sort of innuendo and rumours as we've seen on here though.

Proof of the pudding will be in the eating I guess.

Like you say, nobody knows anything until Mowbray speaks tomorrow.

However, when unleaded speaks, I listen. He’s had a better strike rate than some of the “professional” ITKs we’ve had posting on here. 

• Like 4

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Torgeir said:

If he has back spasms it will flame back up. He has a history with that specific injury, but a cryptic Crooke on Twitter isn’t very reassuring. 

Cryptic Crooke hasn't a bloody clue what's going on. Has he EVER broke a story rovers related? He posted that at 7:05pm when it was very obvious he hadn't travelled. 

• Like 4

One of the more interesting things for me is Mowbray’s quote the other day that Rothwell wasn’t going anywhere. Mowbray is usually very coy on transfers and rarely speaks definitively so it would be surprising if he leaves now.

Whatever happens, I can’t see him ending up at Bournemouth this window. If the rumours are true, it must be a PL side who are interested.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

One of the more interesting things for me is Mowbray’s quote the other day that Rothwell wasn’t going anywhere. Mowbray is usually very coy on transfers and rarely speaks definitively so it would be surprising if he leaves now.

Whatever happens, I can’t see him ending up at Bournemouth this window. If the rumours are true, it must be a PL side who are interested.

Yeah but money does the talking. Hope it's Newcastle and they throw silly money at Rovers.

1 minute ago, glen9mullan said:

My take on it,

Rothwell has done some training this week, backs are a funny thing. A fully fit Rothwell is what is needed, not a player of his importance breaking down.

We struggled attacking wise against Boro, and need to hobble through til Diaz is back, losing a key player for a sustained amount of time, is the last thing we need.

Facts which are public knowledge.

The player himseld publically stated he is enjoying his football more now than ever before on his career.

Rovers have rejected a number of bids before today, far greater than the one made public 48 hours ago, and have categorically in TMs presser stated "he is going nowhere, fullstop.

Moving on

Joe recently had a baby, if he aint fit enough to play, then spending quality time with his young partner and baby, to support her makes far more sense than travelling a 440 miles round trip and being away from her for 3 days. Its great management from TM to identify this, worklife balance, and keeping a key player happy, in the right frame of mind, is when managers earn their corn, its the little things that count.

Also we have to remember we are owned by Venkys, they are loving the feel good factor, their record of "not a penny less" is world renowned, and regardless who comes in with an offer, (i'm sure there will be lots between now and deadline cut off). Their price has to be met.

I recall Shaw and Agnew selling Rhodes three times, only for Venkys to step in and state "not on their watch" their stance actually got a couple of extra million when he was eventually sold.

Do i put a bet on him staying or going? No , things change by the minute in football, and by the time I've finished this post, will no doubt change again.

All i can say with confidence, NO TOYS have been thrown out the pram, and TM is looking forwards to a fit rothwell to aid our promotion bid

Thanks for your input glen.