Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022


Recommended Posts

One of the more interesting things for me is Mowbray’s quote the other day that Rothwell wasn’t going anywhere. Mowbray is usually very coy on transfers and rarely speaks definitively so it would be surprising if he leaves now.

Whatever happens, I can’t see him ending up at Bournemouth this window. If the rumours are true, it must be a PL side who are interested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

One of the more interesting things for me is Mowbray’s quote the other day that Rothwell wasn’t going anywhere. Mowbray is usually very coy on transfers and rarely speaks definitively so it would be surprising if he leaves now.

Whatever happens, I can’t see him ending up at Bournemouth this window. If the rumours are true, it must be a PL side who are interested.

Yeah but money does the talking. Hope it's Newcastle and they throw silly money at Rovers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, glen9mullan said:

My take on it,

Rothwell has done some training this week, backs are a funny thing. A fully fit Rothwell is what is needed, not a player of his importance breaking down.

We struggled attacking wise against Boro, and need to hobble through til Diaz is back, losing a key player for a sustained amount of time, is the last thing we need.

Facts which are public knowledge.

The player himseld publically stated he is enjoying his football more now than ever before on his career.

Rovers have rejected a number of bids before today, far greater than the one made public 48 hours ago, and have categorically in TMs presser stated "he is going nowhere, fullstop.

 

Moving on

Joe recently had a baby, if he aint fit enough to play, then spending quality time with his young partner and baby, to support her makes far more sense than travelling a 440 miles round trip and being away from her for 3 days. Its great management from TM to identify this, worklife balance, and keeping a key player happy, in the right frame of mind, is when managers earn their corn, its the little things that count.

Also we have to remember we are owned by Venkys, they are loving the feel good factor, their record of "not a penny less" is world renowned, and regardless who comes in with an offer, (i'm sure there will be lots between now and deadline cut off). Their price has to be met.

I recall Shaw and Agnew selling Rhodes three times, only for Venkys to step in and state "not on their watch" their stance actually got a couple of extra million when he was eventually sold.

Do i put a bet on him staying or going? No , things change by the minute in football, and by the time I've finished this post, will no doubt change again.

All i can say with confidence, NO TOYS have been thrown out the pram, and TM is looking forwards to a fit rothwell to aid our promotion bid

Thanks for your input glen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

However, when unleaded speaks, I listen. He’s had a better strike rate than some of the “professional” ITKs we’ve had posting on here. 

Unleaded is very good I agree.

Did he say the agent was playing silly buggers?

If so, not a major drama for me, let them have a little strop for a couple of days then back to work Tuesday once the window has shut.

He'll have to perform then or he won't get a move anywhere decent in summer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

My take on it,

Rothwell has done some training this week, backs are a funny thing. A fully fit Rothwell is what is needed, not a player of his importance breaking down.

We struggled attacking wise against Boro, and need to hobble through til Diaz is back, losing a key player for a sustained amount of time, is the last thing we need.

Facts which are public knowledge.

The player himseld publically stated he is enjoying his football more now than ever before on his career.

Rovers have rejected a number of bids before today, far greater than the one made public 48 hours ago, and have categorically in TMs presser stated "he is going nowhere, fullstop.

 

Moving on

Joe recently had a baby, if he aint fit enough to play, then spending quality time with his young partner and baby, to support her makes far more sense than travelling a 440 miles round trip and being away from her for 3 days. Its great management from TM to identify this, worklife balance, and keeping a key player happy, in the right frame of mind, is when managers earn their corn, its the little things that count.

Also we have to remember we are owned by Venkys, they are loving the feel good factor, their record of "not a penny less" is world renowned, and regardless who comes in with an offer, (i'm sure there will be lots between now and deadline cut off). Their price has to be met.

I recall Shaw and Agnew selling Rhodes three times, only for Venkys to step in and state "not on their watch" their stance actually got a couple of extra million when he was eventually sold.

Do i put a bet on him staying or going? No , things change by the minute in football, and by the time I've finished this post, will no doubt change again.

All i can say with confidence, NO TOYS have been thrown out the pram, and TM is looking forwards to a fit rothwell to aid our promotion bid

Thanks for the common sense amidst the hysteria.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Unleaded is very good I agree.

Did he say the agent was playing silly buggers?

If so, not a major drama for me, let them have a little strop for a couple of days then back to work Tuesday once the window has shut.

He'll have to perform then or he won't get a move anywhere decent in summer.

No, for absolute clarity I said his agent was playing silly buggers, not unleaded. And I’m often wrong. But those exact words where sent to me from a “Twitter blue tick” journalist, so I’m happy to share them here, even if they’re wrong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

No, for absolute clarity I said his agent was playing silly buggers, not unleaded. And I’m often wrong. But those exact words where sent to me from a “Twitter blue tick” journalist, so I’m happy to share them here, even if they’re wrong. 

I think we have the same source here, I've been told the exact same things as you. Hard when there's conflicting reports.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I think we have the same source here, I've been told the exact same things as you. Hard when there's conflicting reports.

I don’t think we do - just because mine is very niche and I’ve just checked and you don’t follow him on Twitter - but there’s more than a few journalists saying the same thing here. I suspect they’ve done what all agents do, spoken to Rothwell’s agent and are creating a story from that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Whether Rothwell stays or goes, Hedges is not a central midfielder so it has no relevance.

We are looking to add players with flexibility remember....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

My view if the rumours are true is I would much prefer we keep him till summer and he can go on a free then if need be, failing that sell him for over the odds to a premier league team IF a ready made replacement is coming in 

Under no circumstances let him leave to Bournemouth 

If he goes and we bring in someone else then it's hardly the end of the world. Players come and go, it's hardly going to be like losing Bellamy or Shearer, or even the likes of Bentley. He's been in good form this season, but even then it's been hot and cold at times. Really hope IF it happens that we're working on a replacement in advance.

Letting him go and then bringing nobody in would be the kick in the teeth. Especially to a rival for promotion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Yesterday the LT was quoting Mowbray as denying Hedges was coming here! Or did I dream that one?

He's 26, if he was a good 'un he would have been coaxed south long ago. Not the signing of a team expecting to be in the Premiership next season. imo of course, we'll just have to wait and see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

Yesterday the LT was quoting Mowbray as denying Hedges was coming here! Or did I dream that one?

He's 26, if he was a good 'un he would have been coaxed south long ago. Not the signing of a team expecting to be in the Premiership next season. imo of course, we'll just have to wait and see.

Agreed.

I've been told of a bid we've made which is extremely unlikely to be accepted but if it was it would blow everyone's socks off.

Can't confirm whether or not it's true but if it is it would make it even more puzzling why we would bother with the likes of Hedges.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, J*B said:

No, for absolute clarity I said his agent was playing silly buggers, not unleaded. And I’m often wrong. But those exact words where sent to me from a “Twitter blue tick” journalist, so I’m happy to share them here, even if they’re wrong. 

I dont get why a blue tick journalist with such news prior to anyone getting to it hasnt printed a story rather than private messaging a random fan or fans?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Agreed.

I've been told of a bid we've made which is extremely unlikely to be accepted but if it was it would blow everyone's socks off.

Can't confirm whether or not it's true but if it is it would make it even more puzzling why we would bother with the likes of Hedges.

Isnt this the sort of rumour that you are berating others for regarding Rothwell without even insinuating further details or a source...

Edited by roversfan99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont get why a blue tick journalist with such news prior to anyone getting to it hasnt printed a story rather than private messaging a random fan or fans?

They all do it to cross reference their info. You should see the amount of DMs, emails, private messages the BRFCS accounts get. I only really post the ones with any credibility. If I posted them all this would be an echo chamber of me shouting sales and signings to myself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, J*B said:

They all do it to cross reference their info. You should see the amount of DMs, emails, private messages the BRFCS accounts get. I only really post the ones with any credibility. If I posted them all this would be an echo chamber of me shouting sales and signings to myself. 

Why do they cross reference a rumour with a messageboard?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Why do they cross reference a rumour with a messageboard?

Have you heard anything about XYZ? 
Anything being spoken about RE XYZ? 

Nixon was a bugger for it. We (BRFCS members) gave him more info than he ever gave us. He solely used this forum to get information about Rovers to sell to the papers. Now he gets it over DM on Twitter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Rothwell isn't travelling tomorrow but HAS NOT asked to leave the club.....fact!

He still has a back injury issue (no doubt a bit of a sulk too because he and his agent haven't got his/their own way in terms of an increased contract offer over and above what's on the table)

Well played Rovers IMO!

Buckle down Joe, work your knackers off for the club that we all love and don't 'blot your copybook' by being seen as a greedy bastard!

Not seen as a "greedy bastard" by me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Not so sure. End product not PL caliber until perhaps this season. Defensively not the best (overcommits) but makes up for it to some extent with his pace. 

Also only comes good in the last year of his contract.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Agreed.

I've been told of a bid we've made which is extremely unlikely to be accepted but if it was it would blow everyone's socks off.

Can't confirm whether or not it's true but if it is it would make it even more puzzling why we would bother with the likes of Hedges.

Dont do this to me ..... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Tom locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.