BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Feel for the lad.

Mowbray  signed him and has never given him a chance.

IMO, echoes of how Rothwell has been treated prior to this season and also Nyambe.  Raya was the same.

Harrison Reed was another.

Nurture talent and make such players feel special otherwise they get p1ssed off and eventually p1ss off at cost to the club.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Give over.

He'd have to get the Club's  take on it before commenting.

Can't rule out the possibility there's been additional interest in Rothwell but I'd be amazed if he's not still a Rover by Tuesday morning.

My guess, Mowbray comes out in the Press after the game tomorrow, confirms JR was injured, confirms that there's been plenty of interest in JR but that he's never asked for a move and he's going nowhere this month.

Then is shown the door Monday morning 

Edited by yankfan

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IMO, echoes of how Rothwell has been treated prior to this season and also Nyambe.  Raya was the same.

Nurture talent and make such players feel special otherwise they get p1ssed off and eventually p1ss off at cost to the club.

Utter nonsense. Davenport was injured for most of his first 2 years and has been unremarkable when he has played after that. 

Rothwell and Nyambe have not been mistreated, they have grown into consistent regulars under Mowbray.

22 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Devenport has a lot of interest in him… Wycombe & Aberdeen just a few who want him …… 

Just crazy. I repeat, Davenport has looked every bit as good as any other player on the few occasions he has been given a run. 

TM obviously doesn't see it in training, but usually if a player performs well every time you bring him on, he will go on to get an opportunity, or at least more sub minutes. 

No sub has looked better for me since Fulham. Butterworth at the moment trails behind him. 

If he goes, we must be buying someone good. And not letting Joe go....

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Couldn’t give a toss about nurturing Harrison Reed. Not our player, no point. Any loan signings should benefit Rovers more than, or as much as they benefit the player. Van Hecke is proving to be a much better loan signing than Reed or Elliott, we look to finally have cracked it.

I’d have agreed with you on Nyambe up until 12 months ago, might agree with you again if he is dropped tomorrow. Spot on with Raya, but I don’t think Rothwell can have too many complaints. I think the fact it’s took him til this season to consistently perform is largely on him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

But that implies that our league performance relied solely on those 2 individuals.

“Any loan signings should benefit Rovers more than, or as much as they benefit the player. Van Hecke is proving to be a much better loan signing than Reed or Elliott, we look to finally have cracked it.”

Elliott’s spell with us did wonders for his Liverpool career, but not a great deal for us as a club. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

None whatsoever.

Tell Bournemouth/Brentford/whoever to fook off (figuratively speaking) and business as usual Tuesday.

Nothing personal it's just business. You can't blame other Clubs for wanting our best players.

A massive difference. We are in direct competition. It's pretty much cheating in my book.

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

“Any loan signings should benefit Rovers more than, or as much as they benefit the player. Van Hecke is proving to be a much better loan signing than Reed or Elliott, we look to finally have cracked it.”

Elliott’s spell with us did wonders for his Liverpool career, but not a great deal for us as a club. 

Talented as they are, Elliot, like Armstrong, offered absolutely nothing defensively. 

Every player we have now gets stuck in and gives all for the team.

• Like 2

Can't help but think we are in for a repeat of Januarys past. Lots of talk about multiple deals being worked on, expecting 2-3-4 arrivals, no plans to let anyone important leave and then come deadline day we get the usual Rich Sharpe tweet about tea time 'that will be it, not expecting anything else'

I would hope with the rewards on offer and position we are in would change things and see us get stuff done but I'll believe it when I see it.

Remember a transfer window is only a success if you actually strengthen and get better. Trying but failing to get better is not the same.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Can't help but think we are in for a repeat of Januarys past. Lots of talk about multiple deals being worked on, expecting 2-3-4 arrivals, no plans to let anyone important leave and then come deadline day we get the usual Rich Sharpe tweet about tea time 'that will be it, not expecting anything else'

I would hope with the rewards on offer and position we are in would change things and see us get stuff done but I'll believe it when I see it.

Remember a transfer window is only a success if you actually strengthen and get better. Trying but failing to get better is not the same.

Zeefulk is a great signing; Hedges possibly too. And hard luck with the young lad from Tottenham. I certainly am not disappointed. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

One played an integral part of a 15th place finish, the other is playing an integral part of a real promotion push.

Where the team finished is irrelevant to how good the player has been for us. Plenty of our best current players were here when we finished 15th. Edun wasn't here, he isn't better than Elliott either.

Brad Friedel was world class and we finished 6th or lower with him every season.

Van Hecke wouldn't cost a quarter of what Elliott would cost. There's a reason for that - he's a good player, but nowhere near as good as Elliott. Our failings last season were due to repeated tactical errors by the manager, not because the squad was significantly worse.

11 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

This one. Van Hecke is immense. 

He's very good. However I'm clearly no longer in the same universe I was in last season if people genuinely think he is better, let alone much better, than the lad who got one of the highest assists totals in the league last season. I've no idea why him and Reed were used as examples of poor loans in the post I quoted, rather than say Walton and Douglas, but it only reinforces my new alternate reality theory...

Edited by bluebruce

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

He's very good. However I'm clearly no longer in the same universe I was in last season if people genuinely think he is better, let alone much better, than the lad who got one of the highest assists totals in the league last season. I've no idea why him and Reed were used as examples of poor loans in the post I quoted, rather than say Walton and Douglas, but it only reinforces my new alternate reality theory...

He is infinitely more important.

The reason why we are better without £15 million Armstrong and whatever Elliot is worth. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Where the team finished is irrelevant to how good the player has been for us. Plenty of our best current players were here when we finished 15th. Edun wasn't here, he isn't better than Elliott either.

Brad Friedel was world class and we finished 6th or lower with him every season.

Van Hecke wouldn't cost a quarter of what Elliott would cost. There's a reason for that - he's a good player, but nowhere near as good as Elliott. Our failings last season were due to repeated tactical errors by the manager, not because the squad was significantly worse.

I said Van Hecke was a better loan signing for us than Elliott, not a better player than Elliott.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Why is this even a discussion? Elliot would be wank at CB as would Van Hecke on the wing. You cant even compare. 

• Like 2