BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

33 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

“Any loan signings should benefit Rovers more than, or as much as they benefit the player. Van Hecke is proving to be a much better loan signing than Reed or Elliott, we look to finally have cracked it.”

Elliott’s spell with us did wonders for his Liverpool career, but not a great deal for us as a club. 

Elliott massively improved us and benefitted us as much as him. Unfortunately much of the remainder of the team and the managers tactics meant that we performed poorly overall.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

He's very good. However I'm clearly no longer in the same universe I was in last season if people genuinely think he is better, let alone much better, than the lad who got one of the highest assists totals in the league last season. I've no idea why him and Reed were used as examples of poor loans in the post I quoted, rather than say Walton and Douglas, but it only reinforces my new alternate reality theory...

Try reading the post I was replying to. It specifically mentioned Harrison Reed as a player we had supposedly failed.

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Can't help but think we are in for a repeat of Januarys past. Lots of talk about multiple deals being worked on, expecting 2-3-4 arrivals, no plans to let anyone important leave and then come deadline day we get the usual Rich Sharpe tweet about tea time 'that will be it, not expecting anything else'

I would hope with the rewards on offer and position we are in would change things and see us get stuff done but I'll believe it when I see it.

Remember a transfer window is only a success if you actually strengthen and get better. Trying but failing to get better is not the same.

I would agree it would have been  a shocking window given the position we're in if nothing else happens but I think we're working on a couple (not the target of massive bid I alluded to) so let's see what happens before passing judgment.

I've no idea on the identity of the other two before anyone asks but think one is a keeper.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Elliott massively improved us and benefitted us as much as him. Unfortunately much of the remainder of the team and the managers tactics meant that we performed poorly overall.

If Elliott was playing in the current system, he would be shining and scoring, as hopefully Dack will be soon. 

My worry about Dack is that he will need to track back, and break quickly, neither of which are his forte. 

17 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I said Van Hecke was a better loan signing for us than Elliott, not a better player than Elliott.

Bit harsh on Elliott.

I'd say he's at least as good in his position as Van Hecke is in his but he clearly lost interest after Christmas last season.

And who can blame him with the way things went? I don't think even the manager himself thought he was going to survive, everyone was going through the motions.

• Backroom
9 hours ago, Mercer said:

Funny how the LT's Rich Sharpe is keeping his head down!

You aren't telling me he's not aware of all tonight's speculation.

If it's all crap, he could kill it at a stroke (and probably would be asked to by Waggott).

Think his silence says it all.

IMO, the big surprise will be if Rothwell is still a Rover on Tuesday morning.

He hasn't a clue either🤣 another local journo that as far as I am aware has never been the first person to break a rovers transfer related story?

5 minutes ago, Madon said:

He hasn't a clue either🤣 another local journo that as far as I am aware has never been the first person to break a rovers transfer related story?

What should he do then? Start posting bollocks on here like the rest who have no idea but claim to have all these sources? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

What should he do then? Start posting bollocks on here like the rest who have no idea but claim to have all these sources? 

Bollocks or speculation? It is an MB after all. Personally I hope most of it does turn out to be bollocks!

7 minutes ago, 47er said:

Bollocks or speculation? It is an MB after all. Personally I hope most of it does turn out to be bollocks!

Aye true and if people want to lap it up so be it.

No need to really try and slag Sharpe off though, he posts accurate information in his articles/tweets etc though. Of course he knows more than he let's on but he has a relationship with the club to maintain.

I read in the LT that TM warning owners/fans not to get carried away.   Last time he did that was after promotion when it appeared they wanted to throw some money at it. 

I imagine we may well be looking at better players (especially with a very sellable Diaz in the summer). 

Our ability to get any over the line will be the issue.  

Loan to buy like the Dutch lad are the perfect model for us. 

• Like 1

I really really hope that all these Rothwell rumours have just been generated from him not travelling with the squad. It could well just be injury. 

Otherwise it would be impossible not to be incredibly let down by him - surely he has to realise what an opportunity this is for the club and the fans. He’s one of the main men and can go anywhere in the summer, all we ask is that he gives it all for 4 months and see where it takes us. If he has really asked to go to a promotion rival then that speaks for himself.

I do believe if he does go, or even if he’s just asked to go, then it really screws us up. We have no one in the squad who can do what he can do.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Aye true and if people want to lap it up so be it.

No need to really try and slag Sharpe off though, he posts accurate information in his articles/tweets etc though. Of course he knows more than he let's on but he has a relationship with the club to maintain.

Well, apart from the fact he thought Markanday would be a loan.

He generally only reports the Club stance on things after any news has broken elsewhere.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rochdale_rover said:

How much would callum styles cost.

Good player

Versatile 

Good age

Low wage

Ticks a lot of boxes 

Contract expires next summer so shouldn't be more than £2.5million. It does appear to be low risk for a very promising young player.