BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

I would put Grant Hanley in the same bracket tbh. His buffalo head seems to weigh him down as did his temperament. 

Never ever thought he would make it as a Premier league footballer with Newcastle... Even with Norwich yo-yoing between the championship and Premiership. 

Pig farmer springs to mind. 

8 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think saying Duffy played a certain way under Hughton does him a disservice. He is starting this season under Potter who really tries to play football . He has actually surprised me this season 

Duffy was one of the best central defenders we’ve had at the club since this shower took over, as was Scott Dann once he got fit, He was on the brink of an England call up 12 months after he left which tells its own story. The less said about Hanley the better……

Ayala is better than them all, another excellent Mowbray addition If the lad can stay fit.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

Real difference in pedigree there and Ayala is the finished article, still couldn't hack it in top flight like the other 2 though.

Very good signing but he's only done what it said on the tin at the end of the day. When you sign a decent player on a good contract that's what you should get. Now if he'd applied that theory to a few more and used some big funds better we might have a couple more quality experienced players in the ranks.

That would certainly help these kids out.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

Real difference in pedigree there and Ayala is the finished article, still couldn't hack it in top flight like the other 2 though.

Very good signing but he's only done what it said on the tin at the end of the day. When you sign a decent player on a good contract that's what you should get. Now if he'd applied that theory to a few more and used some big funds better we might have a couple more quality experienced players in the ranks.

That would certainly help these kids out.

I have to say @tomphil that’s a very measured response to my Duffy comment.

Which is in stark contrast to the last time I mentioned Duffy to you, a few years ago and you proceeded to tear absolute strips off me and with good reason I seem to recall 😂

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Which is in stark contrast to the last time I mentioned Duffy to you, a few years ago and you proceeded to tear absolute strips off me and with good reason I seem to recall 😂

If Duffy wasn't such a ballbag he might be a top player but like a lot of others he's not wired up right.

Just for clarity i was poring compliments on Ayala 😀

The guy has that bit of class about him at this level you don't often see.  Duffy and Dann ?  Pair of self serving tossers only showed us anything when they'd got fit and knew moves were on the horizon !

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Gav said:

Duffy was one of the best central defenders we’ve had at the club since this shower took over, as was Scott Dann once he got fit, He was on the brink of an England call up 12 months after he left which tells its own story. The less said about Hanley the better……

Ayala is better than them all, another excellent Mowbray addition If the lad can stay fit.

I'm not sure Brighton fans would swap Duffy for Ayala, but I take your point, I like Ayala a lot. Great player. 

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm not sure Brighton fans would swap Duffy for Ayala, but I take your point, I like Ayala a lot. Great player. 

Great player absolutely....when he's on the pitch.

If we judged the signing on last season - where he played what, 10 or so times? - then calling it another Mowbray disaster wouldn't have been off the mark.

Edited by Wheelton Blue

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I know a Brighton season ticket holder, he was scathing of Duffy before he went off to Celtic on loan, but says he came back a different player and you're right, I doubt they'd swap him, not even for the excellent Ayala.

17 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Great player absolutely....when he's on the pitch.

If we judged the signing on last season - where he played what, 10 or so times? - then calling it another Mowbray disaster wouldn't have been off the mark.

Not sure if that's fair. Is it a managers fault if a player gets injured? 

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

I know a Brighton season ticket holder, he was scathing of Duffy before he went off to Celtic on loan, but says he came back a different player and you're right, I doubt they'd swap him, not even for the excellent Ayala.

Duffy had a disaster  the last 12 months before this season. He looked like he could end up dropping out of top level football, but he apparently got really fit before pre-season and has come back fighting. 

I wonder is it injuries that have stopped Ayala playing PL. He certainly looks good enough to me. Actually had a quick look there, the one season he was there he played 14 games, so ya, must have gotten injured. 

15 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Another not developed by our manager.

Nyambe and Travis are the same.  Looked the part 2 or 3 seasons ago and now looking like bog standard championship players.

Thanks to Mowbary and his anti attacking roles for those two.  Both were very forward thinking players who were dropped often until they reigned it in.  Blame Mowbary me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gav said:

With good reason Gav, take out.Duffys deliberate petulant own goal(s) and we stay up that season.

• Like 2

On 22/11/2021 at 04:33, islander200 said:

Plus the league is incredibly weak this season.We are doing ok but a couple of defeats in a row would put us mid table/botton half.

Mowbray isnt the man to take us foward but like you i worry this ok start in a a very weak division will lead to a new contract for Mowbray

Mowbarys contract is probably already drafted simply because it us the path of least resistance, just the easiest thing to do to take care of their baby.  A baby that will stay a baby with no growth under their ownership.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, USABlue said:

Thanks to Mowbary and his anti attacking roles for those two.  Both were very forward thinking players who were dropped often until they reigned it in.  Blame Mowbary me.

Can’t remember Travis ever getting dropped. The games he missed was due to injuries. Nyambe definitely has been made the scapegoat by Mowbray. He’s never received the public backing by Mowbray.

2 hours ago, USABlue said:

With good reason Gav, take out.Duffys deliberate petulant own goal(s) and we stay up that season.

I think thats stretching it a bit USA, we had another 35 games to go after the Cardiff away debacle. 

29 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Assuming Poveda will now be sent back to Leeds, will the club find a replacement?

I would also send Clarkson back. Best for both parties, he isn't playing and Rovers could do better. Been a real disappointment. 

I think Dolan will be Povedas replacement. If we are to sign a new player, I would prefer a defensive right full-back.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Assuming Poveda will now be sent back to Leeds, will the club find a replacement?

I would also send Clarkson back. Best for both parties, he isn't playing and Rovers could do better. Been a real disappointment. 

This is the problem when you kow tow to the big clubs promising games for their starlets you have to get them on the grass.

For every Elliot there are 10 Clarksons and TM loves playing around with these scenarios anyway. So best we can hope for is he clicks into gear at some point. Because as long as he's here he'll keep being involved, often in front of better options.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Trinidad Rover said:

I hope we bring a winger or striker on loan to replace Poveda 

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What about this lad we’re supposed to be interested in from Scotland. Isn’t he a winger ?

Yes you mean the winger Ryan Hedges from Aberdeen. The other one is centre defender John Souttar