BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (a) - 20/11/21 (& local info for those heading to the gate, from a Bristol City follower)

The last time I went to this fixture it was by train to Parson Street, I recomend doing that, there are a couple of decent pubs between the station and the ground. One was a ardent BCFC pub with loads of memorabillia on the walls. The old adage, keep your gob shut and you won't get any trouble, came into play. An easy, 10 minute downhill walk to catch the train back, after the game.  

Edited by rigger

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Is this the first time an opposition supporter has done the match preview?

😉😉

No - infoman has definitely done it before!

Having a wife from Bristol and two brothers-in-law still there (one of them a ciderhead ST holder), this would normally be a banker away game for me. But my wife planned a craft fair for the charity we are both trustees of for this Saturday before the fixtures came out and anyway both brothers-in-law have gone separately to the US to see daughters.

Hopefully Alan will make it up for the reverse fixture and I can do a preview for that.

• Like 1

JacknOry

It is not a copy and paste,if you read all the info its relevant to saturdays match,I have a template and I adjust it to suite who ever Bristol City are playing.

We play Stoke City on Wednesday night and a similar posting will be posted on their forum/s

Although the train/railway information might be adjusted.

The radio information will also be altered, as the other lot ain't playing and we will have coverage on all radio frequencys

Hope to see as many of you at our place on Saturday,any indication of how many Blackburn Rovers followers will be making the trip?

• Like 1

Mowbray said that Ayala and Pickering are back, Gallagher is still injured and surprise surprise, sick note Rankin Costello has got a new injury. Unsure if Van Hecke got a 1 or 3 match ban.

For me there are 2 decisions to make, I would be tempted to name an unchanged line up but with 2 of undoubtedly our strongest back 4 returning, Edun and Wharton against Pickering and Ayala are the 2 main decisions. Edun has ability but can get caught out of positon and Wharton had signs of understandable rustiness 2 weeks ago.

The midfield balance looked better in the last game, so Rothwell is a very capable sub.

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Ayala Pickering

Travis Davenport

Poveda Buckley Khadra

Brereton

Subs: Pears, Wharton, Edun, Johnson, Rothwell, Dolan, Butterworth 

Clarkson, Van Hecke and Carter to miss out on the squad. Butterworth to make way when Gallagher returns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray said that Ayala and Pickering are back, Gallagher is still injured and surprise surprise, sick note Rankin Costello has got a new injury. Unsure if Van Hecke got a 1 or 3 match ban.

For me there are 2 decisions to make, I would be tempted to name an unchanged line up but with 2 of undoubtedly our strongest back 4 returning, Edun and Wharton against Pickering and Ayala are the 2 main decisions. Edun has ability but can get caught out of positon and Wharton had signs of understandable rustiness 2 weeks ago.

The midfield balance looked better in the last game, so Rothwell is a very capable sub.

Kaminski

Travis Davenport

Poveda Buckley Khadra

Brereton

Clarkson, Van Hecke and Carter to miss out on the squad. Butterworth to make way when Gallagher returns.

I would probably pick the same team, but perhaps Edun is a better option than Davenport. I hope Davenport actually gets going now though if he does start 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Kaminski

Travis Davenport

Poveda Buckley Khadra

Brereton

That would be my team but I’d be tempted to play edun where davenport is. I’m not convinced of him being a left back and all his qualities seem to suit that midfield role 

The only change I would make is Pickering for Edun at left back. I'd keep Wharton and Davenport as starters. We need to reward players for their gutsy performance versus Sheff Utd. Ayala and Edun on the bench alongside Rothwell, Dolan, Pears, Johnson and Butterworth.

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Bristol City (a) - 20/11/21 (& local info for those heading to the gate, from a Bristol City follower)
7 hours ago, Kie_BRFC said:

Crazy to me how people advocate for JRC to be our long term right back instead of Nyambe when the lad is so injury prone

Even more crazy considering Nyambe is an actual right back and a decent one on his day. 

He'd be even better imo if he was able to concentrate on being a right back instead of a wing back just because he can move a bit.

• Like 1

On 17/11/2021 at 05:25, infoman said:
Hope as many of you can make the trip Bristol on 20 november
The "other lot" are at home against Tranmere so you might bump into Tranmere followers en route to Bristol
Please buy your match day tickets in advance as their will be no pay on the day and this will not be altered
I understand the ticket allocation is 1,500,how are the sales progressing?
Just been checking the away folloeing in the last few seasons.
2015/16 953
2016/17 556
2018/2019 ????????? unable
2019/20 659
2020/21 Covis restrictions
Match day programmes will be on line only and I am lead to understand they will be FREE to look at on line for match day ticket holders
Parking is normally in the streets around the area as long as you are there by 1pm please don't block drive ways or park on corners.
COMING BY ROAD
Head to avonmouth junction 18 on the M5 and follow the route A4 Bristol Airport along what is known as the Portway under the Clifton suspension bridge and the ground will appear in the distance
TRAINS
If you are coming down by train,an appeal to purchase the tickets to PARSON STREET station.Its the same price and it gives us(Bristol City) ammunition to get better facilities for the official train station for Ashton gate until we get a new train station opened nearer to ashton gate
Train time are XX:27 past the hour which takes you two thirds of the way to the ground and then walk the rest of the way ,although there is a 13:56 departure from Parson Street which is good arrival time for the train from the North of England at 13:40pm
On the return its a good time from Parson Street at 17:25pm
On your way to the ground we have our statue of John Atyeo in the home section at the Winterstoke Road end
Casualty and Holby City were filmed in the City don't ask me about either of the programmes cos I think their both rubbish
The young ones was also filmed in the BS7 area of the City(actually its Bishopston)
Finally the block of flats on the left behind the dolman stand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"
Bring your camera and turn up early if you want to take any photo's
Pubs possibly best one are in the cumberland road basin area novia scotia pump house and the cottage.
suggest park your car and then walk to the ground.
Harbourside area of the central area is very good
BBC Radio station is radio Bristol which has frequencies and 94:9 and DAB (and 95:5 up till 3pm),
with full match day commentary on BBC radio Bristol which should be on 94:9(if not it will be on Bristol DAB
Bristol seems have become the English Hollywood with recent dramas filmed in the City being
The outlawsShowtrial, The Girl Before and Chloe and The Long Call
Please circulate to other football sites you deem necessary
If you need any further info ask away and I don't bite

Cheers lad.

Expensive day out when you factor in travel costs too. Shame really as its a good day out and one of the best away ends in the country, great booze and food options at the back of the stand. 

Sounds like the injury situation has eased, but I'm not sure that's good news as it gives Mowbray tinker temptation 🙃

Usually get some random results after international breaks so I wouldn't like to call it, Bristol aren't exactly in great form. Going for a slightly ambitious 1-2 scoreline.