BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Messageboard not reacting to cursor clicks

bazza

Question

I can read a page of a topic but to go to the next page (click on NEXT) does nothing.

"Go to topic listing" also doesn't work. There is a tab on the right labelled "privacy" which I have opened and agreed but it is still there.

I have a Mac book and recently upgraded to  Mac OS Monterey. I've shut down and restarted but to no avail.

Help!

5 minutes ago, bazza said:

I can read a page of a topic but to go to the next page (click on NEXT) does nothing.

"Go to topic listing" also doesn't work. There is a tab on the right labelled "privacy" which I have opened and agreed but it is still there.

I have a Mac book and recently upgraded to  Mac OS Monterey. I've shut down and restarted but to no avail.

Help!

Please could you advise which version of Mac OS & which browser ? Thx 

Do you have any ad blockers or javascript blockers active?

When you hover over the "Next" link do you see a URL appear in the bottom left of the screen?

Can you click numbers to jump to a certain page? What about the chevrons to move forward? 

1 minute ago, bazza said:

Also having difficulty submitting replies to topics

When did this all start?

2 minutes ago, StubbsUK said:

Do you have any ad blockers or javascript blockers active?

When you hover over the "Next" link do you see a URL appear in the bottom left of the screen?

Can you click numbers to jump to a certain page? What about the chevrons to move forward? 

When did this all start?

Started this evening. I've just checked "Automatically use Reader" which was off for brfcs.com but on for Rovers.co.uk.   I've turned "on" for this site to see if that makes any difference. No it doesn't because I've tried to submit this post and not working. I have to try a few times before it works.

On 20/11/2021 at 19:16, bazza said:

I upgraded from Big Sur to Monterey last week when it offered the upgrade. 

And what is meant by Beta releases?

Beta - It’s still being tested for bugs before a full commercial release. Apple offers it to developers before a full release to get feedback on bugs & also allow developers to future proof their apps etc to ensure compatibility.

I’m speculating as to whether this is a bug as the issue isn’t present in Bug Sur…🤔

14 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Beta - It’s still being tested for bugs before a full commercial release. Apple offers it to developers before a full release to get feedback on bugs & also allow developers to future proof their apps etc to ensure compatibility.

I’m speculating as to whether this is a bug as the issue isn’t present in Bug Sur…🤔

Oh dear. I don't know what I can do about it.

However I have discovered that it is only the bottom inch of the tab where the cursor fails to activate a link. If I move the link up to 2 inches above the bottom it works perfectly. Also seems to be only on BRFCS site.

A screen shot may not be of help.

7 hours ago, bazza said:

Oh dear. I don't know what I can do about it.

However I have discovered that it is only the bottom inch of the tab where the cursor fails to activate a link. If I move the link up to 2 inches above the bottom it works perfectly. Also seems to be only on BRFCS site.

A screen shot may not be of help.

@StubbsUKhas a theory…a screenshot would potentially confirm 👍🏻

On 27/11/2021 at 16:28, StubbsUK said:

Just out of interest, do you have Chrome or Firefox you can try? What happens with them? It doesn't matter if not.

I don't think there's much we can do tbh though.

I'll try Chrome sometime. Earlier today there was an Ad at the bottom of the page on the topic Stoke Away. (Actually it has just appeared now whilst I am typing) It would not go but occasionally disappeared for a split second and then returned. I couldn't get rid of it. I cannot get rid of the quote reply beneath it either. Now, as I type, the Ad has gone but still cannot clear the Quote 1 post2074430618_Screenshot2021-11-28at21_40_13.thumb.png.ec92afd3c48ae0b39fe9571cbef85026.png