BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Peterborough United (h) - 24/11/21

6 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I am still saying the same about him. Not a big fan at all, alot on here seem to want to say people on here were wrong about him if he has an ok game. "What about bucko now?"...what because he wasn't standout bad? 

Why is he getting mentioned ahead of others last night? I can be fair with all players, he was awful for a long spell, young or not, been better recently but certainly not standout for me. Kaminski, Nyambe, Ayala, Rothwell, BBD, Dolan have had better seasons so far imo.

Not many in our squad are capable of playing the ball he did last night for the opening goal.

Not all assists but he has had 7 or 8 goal involvements so far this season.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Not many in our squad are capable of playing the ball he did last night for the opening goal.

Not all assists but he has had 7 or 8 goal involvements so far this season.

Decent ball but let's be honest Pickering done brilliant to bury it. Done agree with the goal involvement part, just padding him out now.

He's been better as I said but is it special mention for anything now? When he is bad he is awful and non existent, when he is good he is ok. 

49 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Wharton reminds me of Craig Short. Reads the game well, strong, and plays the safe ball whether that's to the full back, midfield or hoof out.

None of these nonsense long balls to nobody in particular.

We've been crying out for a Craig Short for years

• Like 3

Didn't really know where to put this but Ian Battersby was on BBCs Today programme this morning.

The interview was about the Tracey Crouch report on English football released today.

However the interviewer congratulated him on "your team's" 4-0 win last night and he mentioned the possibility of the play-offs.

On about 6.52 am. At least we know he's alive and kicking and still a Rovers supporter! 

• Like 3

Good result last night, pickerings goal was a peach. It is such a shame that Ayala makes Grella look like a fitness freak, some serious thought needs to be given to his issues moving forward. Very Pleasing to be so close to the play offs, long way to go, but we all expected relegation form this year, so nice to have been wrong 👍

2 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Good result last night, pickerings goal was a peach. It is such a shame that Ayala makes Grella look like a fitness freak, some serious thought needs to be given to his issues moving forward. Very Pleasing to be so close to the play offs, long way to go, but we all expected relegation form this year, so nice to have been wrong 👍

Oh come on, he is nowhere near as bad as Grella was. What did he play, about 5 games? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Wharton reminds me of Craig Short. Reads the game well, strong, and plays the safe ball whether that's to the full back, midfield or hoof out.

Agree. He's a throwback to an old school no nonsense defender, which I love to see. He has got a lot of blocks in on shots the last 2 games. That shouldn't go unnoticed. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, 47er said:

Didn't really know where to put this but Ian Battersby was on BBCs Today programme this morning.

The interview was about the Tracey Crouch report on English football released today.

However the interviewer congratulated him on "your team's" 4-0 win last night and he mentioned the possibility of the play-offs.

On about 6.52 am. At least we know he's alive and kicking and still a Rovers supporter! 

Yes, I heard that.

Lots of positives last night. Dolan, Wharton and Rothwell the standouts and BBD put another couple of million on his price tag! 

Buckley the best footballer on the pitch for the umpteenth time this season. I was also impressed with Lenihan on that right hand side of a three and Trav was Trav! 🙌🏽

January looking more and more important, especially if we can be in and around the top 6.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, J*B said:

I disagree entirely. They’re two different full backs but I’ve just spent 45 minutes watching Nyambe pointing where he wants the ball and not receiving it. He was running into the right spaces but not getting the passes. 

I dont see that as an issue, Nymabe as powerful as he might be, is a very poor crosser of the ball and he most certainly is not a finisher in the mould of a Chris Price !

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Lots of positives last night. Dolan, Wharton and Rothwell the standouts and BBD put another couple of million on his price tag! 

Buckley the best footballer on the pitch for the umpteenth time this season. I was also impressed with Lenihan on that right hand side of a three and Trav was Trav! 🙌🏽

January looking more and more important, especially if we can be in and around the top 6.

Where would you be looking to strengthen the team ?

27 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I can be critical,but I thought Rothwell was good last night. Up against poor opposition in the middle though. He looked miles ahead of them quality wise. 

Rothwell put more of a shift in last night, especially in the 2nd half. I'd like to see that level of effort when we are losing or going for a winner, tho. I'd still prefer him to drive thro the opposition midfield much much more, esp when he has Trav, and 5 defenders to cover him. He just glides past players, so rather than 3 mazy runs in a game, he could do 7 or 8. Think he needs to be 10% fitter to achieve this, tho.

Really enjoyed watching him last night. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

As things stand I think we’re a striker and now a winger short following Poveda’s injury. But that wish list will likely increase to cover any further sales or serious injuries.

FWIW I can see two of RN, DL, JR & BBD being sold this January. Dependant on which combination will decide our budget.

I also like the 343. JRC (rwb) and Dack (false 9 where Buckley started last night) are perfect for it. Buckley could then drop deeper next to Trav if Rothwell went?

You can only beat the team that is front of you and last night we saw a good Rovers performance, many good individual efforts and a clean sheet to boot.

BBD is becoming a phenomenal player he is like a man possessed at times! Runs his heart out, ball control has improved, positional sense has improved whilst his instinctive finishing is to be admired. I was wondering what his current conversion rate is compared to AA's this time last season ?

Kaminski - good save when called upon, steady as a rock.

Wharton, Lenihan and Ayala - all good until the injury forced DA off the pitch. Didnt really affect the team set up. Wharton is becoming a class act and I echo the comments of a member on here, the future captain of this club if as expected Lenihan leaves in January.

Nyambe, Travis, Buckley, Rothwell and Pickering - all solid and a great effort from both Buckley and Rothwell whilst Travis cruised the central midfield berth for the whole 90 minutes. Pickering was very good and a great finish.

Dolan and BBD - worked their socks off. TD is like a gnat how he caused mayhem for the second goal and selflessly set up BBD to score, I noted how BBD went straight to him that celebrate rather than taking off to the crowd! BBD cultured finish for his second and it would be remiss of me to suggest that two seasons ago he would have missed and fell flat on his face!

Nyambe is a player who despite his power and pace is a very poor passer and crosser of the ball. I fail to see how he thinks he is premiership quality or indeed how he thinks he an actually better himself at other clubs in this league, same applies to both Rothwell and Lenihan. Now Gerrard has left Rangers I dont see the Rothwell interest being anymore as Rangers have some financial issues to overcome.

Credit to Mowbray himself for the way he set his team up and how he has got this young team firing back aftr the Fulham collapse.

Next top Stoke

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

Put in a terrific block in the first half too.

Just a proper CB. Ayala is too. 

seems the wake up call follwing the 7 nill defeat and the seemingly real possibility of him being sacked had poor form followed... has really forced Mowbray to get on top of things (for the time being) still don't want him here for much longer though. 

but well done to the players for a solid win, just need to keep it up and play as well against the better teams in the league 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

33 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

BBD is becoming a phenomenal player he is like a man possessed at times! Runs his heart out, ball control has improved, positional sense has improved whilst his instinctive finishing is to be admired. I was wondering what his current conversion rate is compared to AA's this time last season ?

According to Infogol:

AA had 189 shots which converted to 28 goals in the league. Interestingly his xG was only 27.74, which indicates an average of 0.14xG per shot.

BBD has so far had 54 shots, which has converted to 16 goals in the league. His xG is 12.49, or 0.23xG per shot.

To me this shows that he is getting shots off from much better positions than AA did, and then scoring them.

I think that much is obvious, he doesn’t take pot shots 4 or 5 times a game like AA did.

At his current trajectory, BBD could hit 38.73 goals this season, which would blow AA out of the water.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

All depends who might be sold or recall from loan.

But we need a forward to replace Poveda whether it wide player of front 3 or main striker. 

We need to plan for replacing Brereton Diaz whether in January or next summer. 

36 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

According to Infogol:

AA had 189 shots which converted to 28 goals in the league. Interestingly his xG was only 27.74, which indicates an average of 0.14xG per shot.

BBD has so far had 54 shots, which has converted to 16 goals in the league. His xG is 12.49, or 0.23xG per shot.

To me this shows that he is getting shots off from much better positions than AA did, and then scoring them.

I think that much is obvious, he doesn’t take pot shots 4 or 5 times a game like AA did.

At his current trajectory, BBD could hit 38.73 goals this season, which would blow AA out of the water.

He works far, far harder than Armstrong too and generally has a better demeaner on the pitch, IMO. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:
Official Attendance    9,038

Looks like 6000

Great I say.

You can park closer to the ground, no queue for the pie stand, no queue for shandy and you get away quicker.

Oh yes and the football isn't bad either.

Onwards and upwards.