BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Peterborough United (h) - 24/11/21

33 minutes ago, BigBar said:

So more game time than the others you mentioned in comparison and zero goals for Buckley. Gally has 5 goals and Dolan 3 along with the assists you mentioned. You are being very bias and selective but let's agree to disagree as you said.

More game time shifted all over the place,Dolan and Gallagher play in the front 3.

Yesterday you play down his goal involvments yet without him on the field those goals may not have happened.He has won the ball back countless times for us.And the stats will show he is worth his place in the team.

We will agree to disagree but lads who see him everyday(including Dack) talk about how much talent he has not my problem you cant see it

Edited by islander200

• Backroom
43 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Well no, Dack and Rothwell easily ahead let's be real here.

I'm going to really split hair's here, but I argue that they are better football players, but Buckley is the better footballer.

• Like 2

I doubt very much there's a better footballer at the club than Bradley Dack but even when he's fit and playing he blows hot and cold on the pitch.

Buckley might have the tools to be a more consistent all rounder though who becomes an integral part of the team.

• DE. unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Rothwell is a consistent final ball away from having the lot.

You could say that about an awful lot of footballers Matty. Rothwell has huge talent but not a great football brain. When he makes the right decision he looks a world beater but time and again he makes the wrong choice about when to pass. It's no good gliding effortlessly past several players only to give the ball away.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, only2garners said:

You could say that about an awful lot of footballers Matty. Rothwell has huge talent but not a great football brain. When he makes the right decision he looks a world beater but time and again he makes the wrong choice about when to pass. It's no good gliding effortlessly past several players only to give the ball away.

Oh I agree, be it attitude, a bit of nous, it’s that little 1% that separates a huge chunk of similarly talented players, some reach the PL, some get to 27 and have never been higher than mid table in the second division. 

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Oh I agree, be it attitude, a bit of nous, it’s that little 1% that separates a huge chunk of similarly talented players, some reach the PL, some get to 27 and have never been higher than mid table in the second division. 

Can't remember who it was, but I'm sure somebody on here a while back posted that we as fans never give the ability to be consistent enough credit as a talent in its own right. Definitely applies to conversations about Rothwell.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, islander200 said:

More game time shifted all over the place,Dolan and Gallagher play in the front 3.

Yesterday you play down his goal involvments yet without him on the field those goals may not have happened.He has won the ball back countless times for us.And the stats will show he is worth his place in the team.

We will agree to disagree but lads who see him everyday(including Dack) talk about how much talent he has not my problem you cant see it

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Do you hear yourself? You just decided based on others opinions by the sound of it that he is this special player and others can't see it but you can. Joke.

You are so concerned with being right youve lost all logic. Just telling yourself what you want to hear now. You realise I watch every single game yeah? I know he's been onimous in multiple games, don't need your implied higher football intelligence to tell me what I am seeing.

25 minutes ago, BigBar said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Do you hear yourself? You just decided based on others opinions by the sound of it that he is this special player and others can't see it but you can. Joke.

You are so concerned with being right youve lost all logic. Just telling yourself what you want to hear now. You realise I watch every single game yeah? I know he's been onimous in multiple games, don't need your implied higher football intelligence to tell me what I am seeing.

Ha my superior knowledge?What about yourself?

I mention he has 7 or 8 goal involvements.You dismiss it.I then say he has 3 assists and you say that isnt great for an attacking midfielder in a free scoring side.I then mention 3 assists is joint second for the team this season and you start banging on that he would have started more games than the others.

I mention he has played multiple positions this season.You dismiss that also and compare him with Gallagher and Dolan who play as part of a front 3 when selected.

He has playing well this season.I am not the only one saying it.If there was to be a poll on here wether Buckley should be starting or not my money would be on a higher percentage saying he should be playing.

The assist the other night was a fantastic ball, not disputing it was a great header but Buckley put it into a lovely area but again you play it down.

Rothwell is currently a better player but he was in and out of the Oxford side at Buckleys age and i dont care if i sound arrogant or not imo Buckley will be a premier league footballer and there isnt one bit of doubt in my mind he should be starting the majority of games for us 

Oh and of course i would listen to Dacks opinion etc,i never said i used it to form my own.Dack will have seen him a lot more than you are i so i would be "arrogant" not to at least consider his opinion.I remember reading an article not too long ago from Mick Rathbone, he was working for Forest and said Brererton had the potential to be a £30 million pound player and Warburton said he had it in his locker to reach the top, yet some on here where saying he would be playing in the lower leagues....which is the more accurate statement now?

Buckley is a young player, im not disputing he has had shit games but so have many others, he has something in his locker that not many at this level have and with gametime and more experience we will see more of it

Edited by islander200

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Peterborough United (h) - 24/11/21