BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Peterborough United (h) - 24/11/21

16 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I mean absolutely no disrespect to you but i just dont think you have a clue when it comes to evaluating a young players talent and potential.

Off the top of my head you have said, Mount only involved with Chelsea due to his relationship with Lampard.Declan Rice not very good.Brererton a donkey and will never score goals.Armstrong wont be able to play up front on his own(12 months after you saying this you were debating any post that showed Armstrong any criticism)

Young players need spells in the side to develop you think they should come in as the finished article.Buckley doesnt need to be left out every time he has a poor game like you always suggest.

Plenty i agree with in some of your views, but when it comes to this i just dont think you have an eye for a player

Some of those judgements are either years in the past, paraphrased or simply inaccurate, but fair enough, if I don't have a clue what I am talking about and do not share your undoubted knowledge of the game and eye for a player, then may I ask why you repeatedly comment on basically every one of my posts debating what I say and seemingly note down everything that I say? Surely a more constructive approach would be to merely ignore someone who you deem to be so out of touch in his judgements about football and someone who seemingly in your eyes needn't bother watching football at all?!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Some of those judgements are either years in the past, paraphrased or simply inaccurate, but fair enough, if I don't have a clue what I am talking about and do not share your undoubted knowledge of the game and eye for a player, then may I ask why you repeatedly comment on basically every one of my posts debating what I say and seemingly note down everything that I say? Surely a more constructive approach would be to merely ignore someone who you deem to be so out of touch in his judgements about football and someone who seemingly in your eyes needn't bother watching football at all?!

I didnt qoute you today.You quoted my post.And you did say all those things.

If i see something i disagree with on here then i give my opinion.Isnt that the point of a messageboard?

I also said in my post i agree with some of your views but definitely not when it comes to young players.

You drop Buckley every week and even early part last season you were on Brerertons back when he was contributing to the team.

Also you comment on me quoting your posts, there was a point on here when you quoted every single post chaddy made

Edited by islander200

Missing this one due to a lack of funds to warrant the combined travel and ticket cost. I was hoping I might find £20 on my lunchtime walk earlier to justify my going last minute 😄

I think we will walk this one in the end. Squeaky bum time with a 0-0 scoreline on 75 minutes before blitzing 3 goals. 1 each for Dolan, Ayala and BBD.

#COYB

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’ve got a bad feeling about this game. I’m going for a boring 1-1 draw.

It's gonna be goals, goals, goals.

Our 5 matches against them this century have seen 26 goals scored. 

Despite the fact that Posh have only scored in one of their last 5 away matches, (and that was against fellow relegation spotters Hull), we all know they'll notch against us.

Would love to say it will be a comfortable 3-1 win, but I'm thinking more a 3-2 win with a very nervy last 10 mins. 

We never do it easy. 

13 minutes ago, booth said:

Just seen Mowbray's interview where he says Peterborough are a good team.

Sorry Tony they are in the relegation zone in 22nd place. Who exactly are you trying to kid?

I took it to mean we shouldn't underestimate them, which we shouldn't. He said we need to be aggressive and get on the front foot

Don't think there is anything worth picking apart in those comments

34 minutes ago, J*B said:

Kaminski

Nyambe Ayala Lenihan Wharton Pickering

Buckley Johnson Travis

Brereton Dolan 

Not sure about Johnson if we have 3 CBs

Kaminski

Nyambe Ayala Lenihan Wharton Pickering

Buckley Travis Davenport

Brereton Gallagher (if fit) 

If 4-3-3 then

Kaminski

Nyambe Ayala Lenihan or Wharton Pickering

Buckley Travis Davenport

Gallagher/Khadra Dolan Brereton

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I took it to mean we shouldn't underestimate them, which we shouldn't. He said we need to be aggressive and get on the front foot

Don't think there is anything worth picking apart in those comments

Well he could have said that but he didn't. He said they are a good brave team. Whilst I have no idea about the bravery of the Peterborough players, I think it's obvious to anyone with access to a league table that they are anything but good.

There's no picking apart of his comments at all, it's literally what he said.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, booth said:

Well he could have said that but he didn't. He said they are a good brave team. Whilst I have no idea about the bravery of the Peterborough players, I think it's obvious to anyone with access to a league table that they are anything but good.

There's no picking apart of his comments at all, it's literally what he said.

What should be say, they are terrible? I never hear Klopp or Pep even say that 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What should be say, they are terrible? I never hear Klopp or Pep even say that 

Klopp or Pep obviously have a better command of the language than you think Mowbray has if you think he's limited to saying the opposition is either good or terrible.

Perhaps if he's nothing good to say about the opposition focus on his own team's qualities. Or as you imagined he said, "we shouldn't underestimate them." That would have been fine.

Saying they are good when they aren't just makes it look like he's trying to dumb down expectations before a ball is kicked.

Edited by booth

5 minutes ago, booth said:

Klopp or Pep obviously have a better command of the language than you think Mowbray has if you think he's limited to saying the opposition is either good or terrible.

Perhaps if he's nothing good to say about the opposition focus on his own team's qualities. Or as you imagined he said, "we shouldn't underestimate them." That would have been fine.

Saying they are good when they aren't just makes it look like he's trying to dumb down expectations before a ball is kicked.

Because that is so different to what he said 🙄😂

The Mowbray stuff goes into nit pick territory very quickly

Anyways, here's to 3 points! 

• Like 2

Bloody hell, people actually listen to manager pressers?! Pre match manager speak is even more cliche-ridden and inane than post! 

‘Be a tough game’

’Manager X is doing a good job’

‘We’ve trained well’

’Lads are full of confidence/have put last week behind us’ (delete as appropriate).

🥱

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Because that is so different to what he said 🙄😂

The Mowbray stuff goes into nit pick territory very quickly

Anyways, here's to 3 points! 

Of course it's different, if you can't see what he's doing then you need to take your flip flops off. It won't be the first time he's bigged up awful sides.

But yes here's to 3 points, but who can say when the opposition is such a good, brave team?

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Bloody hell, people actually listen to manager pressers?! Pre match manager speak is even more cliche-ridden than post! 

‘Be a tough game’

’Manager X is doing a good job’

‘We’ve trained well’

’Lads are full of confidence/have put last week behind us’ (delete as appropriate).

🥱

I just found it particularly annoying that we're playing 22nd placed Peterborough and his first words are, "They are a good, brave team." That's not a cliche, that's bullshit.

And all in that ever so motivating way he has in the tone of a manic depressive. I thought there'd be a bit more passion when facing such lowly opposition. Perhaps I am the stupid one for expecting that from Mowbray.