BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (a) - 27/11/21

21 hours ago, moerpho said:

I actually agree with Mowbray this time. Think it is better to start him on the bench and use him as an impact-sub in 2nd half _if_ Stoke seem to tire. Stoke is the kind of team where I don't see a player like Dolan doing much good to be honest. 

Kinda nervous about this game so expecting a loss. A win would mean the best saturday in a long long time and the preferred reading material for the rest of the evening would be the Championship table so........COYB!

You were proved right.

1 minute ago, only2garners said:

We now need to be very careful with bookings for the next few games then. We have 4 players on 4 bookings and all are key ones - Lennihan, Dolan, Buckley and Brereton Diaz. We don't want two or more picking up a booking in any one game before the end of the year.

Brererton has only himself to blame. Booked twice in two games apparently for kicking the ball away. The club should fine players for that sort of booking.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Buckley best I have seen him play today.

Wow. We are a good side when we want to be.

Must agree, he keeps going this way and we lose him.  Looked a class above at times.  Love the way he ghosts in to steal the ball

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Brererton has only himself to blame. Booked twice in two games apparently for kicking the ball away. The club should fine players for that sort of booking.

These are games we would have drawn or lost late on previously.

I thought it was good to see us using some gamesmanship to see out the game. Several times late on BB was seen organising the others to see out time.

Happy to take 3 points at the expense of a booking.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spartakfenni said:

As I’ve said earlier where’s your evidence. Cheap games, kids going free, additional family tickets have all been tried with limited impact on the attendances. Wake up and smell the coffee.

maybe geography is`nt your strongest point,preston is 10 miles down the road,it`s called a local derby,which means rivalry between two clubs close to each other,usually guarantees a big crowd,especially if priced right

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Try telling that to Ipswich, Sunderland and Portsmouth....Sheff Weds are struggling, if it was only about budgets Sunderland, Ipswich and Pompey would be in the championship.

The side was a shambles under Coyle, probably the worst I've seen in my years supporting the club, Mowbray turned things around.

That means they have managers more shit than Mowbray. Doesn’t mean the guys a fucking legend.

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

maybe geography is`nt your strongest point,preston is 10 miles down the road,it`s called a local derby,which means rivalry between two clubs close to each other,usually guarantees a big crowd,especially if priced right

It will mean the away support is higher than normal, doesn’t mean more Rovers supporters will go.

8 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

They said on Radio Lancs yesterday that the cut off was after the games on Wed.

I've just checked the FA rules and you're right - it's after the 19th league game of the season. Then it's a suspension after 10 cards up to the 37th game.

It still doesn't exonerate 3 players doing something daft with a silly bit of time wasting. Obviously it's sensible to do a bit of managing a game when you're only 1 up in the closing stages but those players yesterday were well able to manage keeping hold of the ball against a poor Stoke team.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, PotterLog said:

Missed this before sorry. First-teamers missing today were Bursik, Souttar, Powell, Allen.. then Thompson and Clucas who would have been in with a shout of starting but also have knocks. The midfield was really threadbare.

I expect we'll add in January - ideally an extra centre half and a strong DM, plus we have the return of Tom Edwards from a loan.. with that, and players coming back from injury, hopefully we can still have a tilt at it. But today was pretty abject and didn’t give much hope.

Thanks for the reply.

Bursik is your first choice keeper and wasn't he on loan previously at Accrington Stanley in a previous season? 

Souttar, Powell and Allen are big misses and I guess Surridge not available also limits your up front options. 

5 hours ago, Spartakfenni said:

As I’ve said earlier where’s your evidence. Cheap games, kids going free, additional family tickets have all been tried with limited impact on the attendances. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Hang on...where's your evidence?

You're demanding something of others you can't be bothered to provide yourself. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I've just checked the FA rules and you're right - it's after the 19th league game of the season. Then it's a suspension after 10 cards up to the 37th game.

It still doesn't exonerate 3 players doing something daft with a silly bit of time wasting. Obviously it's sensible to do a bit of managing a game when you're only 1 up in the closing stages but those players yesterday were well able to manage keeping hold of the ball against a poor Stoke team.

Dolans booking tbf was a joke the keeper had two kick outs at him and we get two players booked for being kicked at and pushed

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Dolans booking tbf was a joke the keeper had two kick outs at him and we get two players booked for being kicked at and pushed

No it wasn't. Dolan wouldn't have had the kick if he hadn't picked up the ball and refused to give it back. Effectively he started it and the Stoke player was booked for retaliating.

41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for the reply.

Bursik is your first choice keeper and wasn't he on loan previously at Accrington Stanley in a previous season? 

Souttar, Powell and Allen are big misses and I guess Surridge not available also limits your up front options. 

Yeah he’s had loans at various lower league clubs over the last couple of seasons. Still a bit rough round the edges but he’s young, and well established in the England setup. He’s certainly got the attributes to have a top career, shame for him to get injured now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PotterLog said:

Yeah he’s had loans at various lower league clubs over the last couple of seasons. Still a bit rough round the edges but he’s young, and well established in the England setup. He’s certainly got the attributes to have a top career, shame for him to get injured now.

I read this former you are after a free agent keeper in Frank Fielding who started his career here

• Like 1

2 hours ago, only2garners said:

No it wasn't. Dolan wouldn't have had the kick if he hadn't picked up the ball and refused to give it back. Effectively he started it and the Stoke player was booked for retaliating.

Didn't see a Stoke player get booked. Two of them should have been. It's not ok to put hands or feet on a player just because they're time wasting with the ball, that's for the ref to sort out.

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Didn't see a Stoke player get booked. Two of them should have been. It's not ok to put hands or feet on a player just because they're time wasting with the ball, that's for the ref to sort out.

You're right - it's not OK to try to kick the ball out of Dolan's hands and Adam Davies was booked for doing it.

23 minutes ago, only2garners said:

You're right - it's not OK to try to kick the ball out of Dolan's hands and Adam Davies was booked for doing it.

Didn't see him get booked. If he did then fair enough. Whoever came over and shoved I think it was Travis on his arse should also have been booked, and he definitely wasn't.

5 hours ago, USABlue said:

Thought Mowbary was oblivious of our position?

Hes obviously started looking at the table and also prioritizing getting points for the team over individuals development all of a sudden.

Remarkable what a good run can do, it isn't just fans that are fickle after all.

• Like 1

• J*B unpinned this topic