BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (h) - 4/12/21

Anyone heard anything more on Kaminski? The silence is deafening, don't know if that's a good or a bad thing.

I have a funny feeling that him playing or not could be the difference in us getting a good result or not. I really do not have any confidence in Pears, particularly with crosses & set pieces.

Kami in - 2-0 Rovers

Kami out - 2-2 with us hanging on for dear life at the end.

5 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Anyone heard anything more on Kaminski? The silence is deafening, don't know if that's a good or a bad thing.

I have a funny feeling that him playing or not could be the difference in us getting a good result or not. I really do not have any confidence in Pears, particularly with crosses & set pieces.

Kami in - 2-0 Rovers

Kami out - 2-2 with us hanging on for dear life at the end.

Even though I have only seen Pears play twice, the impression I have got, is one of a good shot-stopper, but poor at both comanding his box  and his positioning for crosses. 

• Like 2

Just now, rigger said:

Even though I have only seen Pears play twice, the impression I have got, is one of a good shot-stopper, but poor at both comanding his box  and his positioning for crosses. 

Sounds very much like Raya.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19758092.blackburn-rovers-team-news-thomas-kaminski-injury-latest/ 

Kaminski update - personally think this sounds like he'll play but Mowbray's keeping his cards close to his chest. 

I hope he can play but he has to be fully fit. We don't want him out longer.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Looking forward to this one, I'm going with a mate. First time since moving up north.

Would love Ayala and Kaminski be back. And if we are sticking with 3412 (and it has been working well) I would like to see JRC get some time at right wing back.

We really should win this one if everyone's fit, we look much defensively better. Lenihan, Ayala, Wharton across the back line is a really tough setup for set pieces, and pretty solid on the floor too. Hard to get much change put of them as we have shown recently.

If Ayala's out I think Van Hecke will do okay. Losing Kaminski will be a massive blow though. Pears seems a really poor keeper to me.

JRC out for another month according to the Lancs Live.

Had a quick peep at the Preston forum. Seems they think Wharton has only played a handful of games (😆) and with Ayala out and Van Hecke being a kid, they have a chance of winning. Haven't seen any mention of Kaminski which is the real blow.

Wharton is a better player than their entire defence.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, booth said:

Had a quick peep at the Preston forum. Seems they think Wharton has only played a handful of games (😆) and with Ayala out and Van Hecke being a kid, they have a chance of winning. Haven't seen any mention of Kaminski which is the real blow.

Wharton is a better player than their entire defence.

😆 For us, maybe, but that lad has nearly 100 league appearances, and is absolute quality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, damo100 said:

Nobbers have now sold DE bottom tier according to their website. 

Upper tier now on sale.

Is it pay on the day for the Preston Plastics or do they have until 5pm Friday to sell 100 or so more before they go off sale?

I think we are in dangerous territory with this match.

Expectations at PNE appear to be at a low ebb yet it would be foolish to overlook their recent results including impressive wins at Bournemouth and Middlesbrough having trailed in both and also a hard fought draw v Fulham last weekend.

Apparently - I haven't watched them play for a long time so can't comment as tv coverage seems reserved to West Brom, QPR and Derby this season - they are as dull as dishwater in the way they play. Some might see that as a negative but I think for sides of limited means that is the most sensible route to take in this division and is probably the reason they have kept themselves clear of trouble and ground out some decent results.

You can be horrendous to watch but don't concede silly goals and hang on in there and you'll have a chance.

I'll be going for a 1-1 draw here. They always seem to raise their game against us and I think it is too much to ask for us to win again now that we have got into a good position.

The fixtures coming up over December are very attractive ones (Bournemouth aside) and a real opportunity to establish ourselves as a top 6 side going into the second half of the season. We have tended to struggle in these sort of golden opportunity games but I do have confidence in our home form which has been good this season.

• Like 8

There's only one derby and this ain't it. Just another match albeit they'll have good support being local.

That said they're a good aggressive side who'll steamroller us if we sit back. They press high and launch balls into the box. That's our nemesis strategy.

Saw their last game and they'll take some holding.

End of the day we're THE ROVERS and they're not. 3:1 home win

Yawn... Will we find enough in the tank to overcome the Knobbers?

Dunno why, but I have a feeling this will be the start of the traditional seasonal unwinding of Rovers' form at this stage of the season. Perhaps we will score an early goal and go on to press home advantage, but it would be no surprise (to me) if we capitulate late on and go on am excruciatingly poor run over Christmas and new year.

I do hope not!

So come all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant, come ye oh come ye to Ewood Park. Goals all a plenty, bosh them in the knobbers end, oh come let us adore them, oh come let us all roar them, for goodness sake outscore the-em, mighty Blues!

COYB!

• Like 2

My team 

Pears or Kaminski 

Lenihan Van Hecke Wharton 

Nyambe                               Pickering 

Buckley Travis Rothwell 

Dolan Brereton 

Subs

Pears or Eastman(depends if Pears starts), Ayala, Edun, Davenport, Clarkson, Khadra, Butterworth 

Rovers to win 4-1.  Brereton with 2, Dolan and Buckley 

• Like 1

Really, really want to go to this one. I bought a Half ST which doesn't start until the 29th December. Deffo should have gone for the 17 game on as now I'm broke!

Might have to stick it on the fantastic plastic 😆

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

This could be a banana skin even though we are playing better and should beat them. 

We just need to do what we are good at and they will struggle to contain it 

We're powerful in attack. I just think that we lack a bit of experience in the squad to carry us through sometimes. 

Hopefully we just completely overwhelm them and hand them a spanking.

• Like 2