BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (h) - 4/12/21

I can never understand why people shoot down the idea of being able judge players based on what they see. "Don't write them off," "get behind the lads" etc.

You do not need "links to coaches" or "to watch them train everyday" to comment on player performances in games, they are right there in front of you. And if you do share more extreme, definitive views that don't come to fruition, so what, its a bloody internet forum, does it matter?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Argh mate, STOP! 🤣🤣….surely we’ve learnt our lesson as layman’s in writing players off. I cannot even comprehend how many didn’t rate Armstrong before his rise…how many laughed at Buckley and sniggered at  Brereton saying there wasn’t a footballer in him!

fwiw SG has started this season with 5 goals in 12 appearances. Average that out and he’s heading for 15-20 goals this season.

Unless we actually know these players, have direct links to the coaches or watch them train everyday I think we should stop embarrassing ourselves with sweeping, I’ll informed judgement.

i squirm regularly at one I made on Wharton a couple of years ago. 

You can’t admit to a squirm worthy comment about Wharton, then tell people not to be critical about a serial disappointment like Gallagher who cost £5m.

While Brereton may be the one getting the plaudits, Wharton is the secret ingredient we’ve been missing. How many good results now with him in the team? Amazing player.

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Argh mate, STOP! 🤣🤣….surely we’ve learnt our lesson as layman’s in writing players off. I cannot even comprehend how many didn’t rate Armstrong before his rise…how many laughed at Buckley and sniggered at  Brereton saying there wasn’t a footballer in him!

fwiw SG has started this season with 5 goals in 12 appearances. Average that out and he’s heading for 15-20 goals this season.

Unless we actually know these players, have direct links to the coaches or watch them train everyday I think we should stop embarrassing ourselves with sweeping, I’ll informed judgement.

I often disagree with you, but I think you're spot on here. 

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Put Gallagher up front centrally and give him balls to chase and he’ll do ok. That’s his position. His first movement needs to be away from the ball and not towards it.  If Brererton is missing for any reason Gallagher can fill in. Anywhere else on the pitch is a waste of time.

I first saw Wharton in that egg cup game at Rochdale a couple of seasons ago. He got sent off after 30:minutes. One of those tackles where both players go in high for a bouncing ball and the first one to go down holding their chest gets away with it and the other one gets the early bath. Right in front of the Rochdale bench and of course they all came running on to the pitch. Although it was only a 30 minute cameo I liked what I saw and I though he was one for the future. Marty Platt came on to replace him and you could see the difference in ability.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

On 08/12/2021 at 22:53, roversfan99 said:

I can never understand why people shoot down the idea of being able judge players based on what they see. "Don't write them off," "get behind the lads" etc.

You do not need "links to coaches" or "to watch them train everyday" to comment on player performances in games, they are right there in front of you. And if you do share more extreme, definitive views that don't come to fruition, so what, its a bloody internet forum, does it matter?

It's on the pitch on match day where it counts. That is the only thing players can be judged on.

• Like 1