BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham (h) - 18/12/21

3 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

My understanding is that one of our players has to miss the game because he's self-isolating as a close contact BECAUSE he's unvaccinated, whereas another player or players who were also close contacts are double jabbed and can therefore play. Unless I'm totally getting that wrong?

Well that is utter nonsense if true! What a stupid rule that makes zero sense.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Butty said:

That was the point I was making to Neo who was questioning why a lot of players aren’t vaccinated because even if they were you’d still be having games called off left right and centre!

They don’t stop the spread just helps the severity of the symptoms, I can only guess a lot of footballers would back themselves to beat the virus without being jabbed which is fair enough and is their choice. Everyone should have that choice and be able to decide for themselves if the want to be jabbed. 

However if he is missing a game, therefore potentially impacting on the result due to his actions, because he refuses to be vaccinated the club should be able to penalise him.  The players actions should. have consequences.

Edited by Bad Boy
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, Butty said:

What difference would that make? The virus still spreads whether you’re vaccinated or not. 

11 minutes ago, Butty said:

That was the point I was making to Neo who was questioning why a lot of players aren’t vaccinated because even if they were you’d still be having games called off left right and centre!

They don’t stop the spread just helps the severity of the symptoms, I can only guess a lot of footballers would back themselves to beat the virus without being jabbed which is fair enough and is their choice. Everyone should have that choice and be able to decide for themselves if the want to be jabbed. 

Vaccines do stop the spread. Without being vaccinated you are contagious for a longer period of time and emit a higher concentration of virus over that period. 

I think the confusion in (social) media came due to research showing that for a short 1-2 day period infected vaccinated people spread almost the same amount of virus compared to non-vaccinated people. However over the 10 day period, non-vaccinated infected people emitted far more virus and can thus infect more people.

If you have any questions have a look at the coronavirus discussion topic.

Hoping for a 2-0 victory tomorrow. BBD and Buckley to score.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Hannoverover said:

Vaccines do stop the spread. Without being vaccinated you are contagious for a longer period of time and emit a higher concentration of virus over that period. 

That's irrelevant in this case.  People can still get it and pass it on while vaccinated. 

What they should do is make everyone take a test before they play each day so anyone who is positive (vaccinated or non vaccinated) can not play.  Using your theory everyone on the pitch could be positive and that's ok.

Anyways, 

Covid discussion thread?  Anyway, which Rovers shows up?  The one that always builds expectations and then crashes with a bump as we always have or this NEW  Rovers.  Let's hope they new Rovers who will dispatch Big Club handily.  Never liked Brum since they took Jim Smith from us.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

That's irrelevant in this case.  People can still get it and pass it on while vaccinated. 

What they should do is make everyone take a test before they play each day so anyone who is positive (vaccinated or non vaccinated) can not play.  Using your theory everyone on the pitch could be positive and that's ok.

Anyways, 

Sorry should have put reduce instead of stop, will edit it. Of course if everyone was vaccinated it would eventually stop the spread as it would break the chain.

So yes they can pass it on, but the unvaccinated player will have a roughly 3-4 greater chance of being infected vs the vaccinated 2. This will be less with the new varient though. 5 hours sharing a table on a coach is a long time. Hopefully it hasn't spread further or I guess the match will be called off.

I agree with daily testing, especially when there are active infections in the camp. I would definitely suggest to test everyone as vaccinations don't provide 100% protection. Having infected people on the pitch/in the changing room would definitely not be ok...

I just wanted to comment on the vaccines don't stop the spread part. The teams with a high percentage of vaccinated staff will probably fair better over this winter. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hannoverover said:

Sorry should have put reduce instead of stop, will edit it. Of course if everyone was vaccinated it would eventually stop the spread as it would break the chain.

So yes they can pass it on, but the unvaccinated player will have a roughly 3-4 greater chance of being infected vs the vaccinated 2. This will be less with the new varient though. 5 hours sharing a table on a coach is a long time. Hopefully it hasn't spread further or I guess the match will be called off.

I agree with daily testing, especially when there are active infections in the camp. I would definitely suggest to test everyone as vaccinations don't provide 100% protection. Having infected people on the pitch/in the changing room would definitely not be ok...

I just wanted to comment on the vaccines don't stop the spread part. The teams with a high percentage of vaccinated staff will probably fair better over this winter. 

Your last 2 posts are extremely clear. 

The point is that 96% of players, and public, do not have any scientific reason to refuse the vaccine, although of course they have the right to refuse.

Your point that unvaccinated players pass on the virus to many, many more people than vaccinated players is the important one.

The only answer at the moment is to keep trying to encourage players to base their decisions on facts, and not social media influencers, and to do daily tests until everyone is jabbed. 

I'm only typing to distract from my nerves about whether the game will be postponed. I understand why this would be better for society, but part of me is desperate for our run and momentum to continue, as it is soooo good for the town.....

A difficult one, god knows how the attendance will be affected, there will be plenty of spare tickets being offered.....

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 1

From a footballing perspective hope it goes ahead purely as we are on an immense run of form and we don't seem to be hit with covid issues with key players.

Having the points in the bag is always preferable to games in hand, but maybe especially more so this year if other teams end up with a congested fixture list in 2022.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

Anyone else wondering about the decision to recall Dowling early from his loan at Lancaster, where he was getting games?

It's made me wonder whether one of the infected/isolated players is Kaminski/Pears. Although I don't know when the positive test was done and I notice the LT said Dowling was on the bench on Monday for the u23s (Goddard started, so it could be Eastham who is one of the players in question). If the test was after Monday, it kills that theory.

12 minutes ago, Bad Boy said:

Rovers Under 23’s at a Leicester tonight postponed due to a number of positive Covid cases.  The LCFC website does not say if they are in the Leicester or Rovers camp. 😣

LT article said it was due to covid in the Foxes camp.

37 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I will assume it’s being played until we hear otherwise. That being said, 4 wins in a row, 4 clean sheets, etc, I am very hopeful this great run continues against B’ham.  

Be a good time for Brum to get it called off. They wont fancy us in our form. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yankfan said:

I like my football without Covid please. Hear enough of that shite everywhere else. Who cares why it is, it is. Players out move along. 

I agree with this, but it's not possible when it has such a direct impact on the team. Some teams, potentially including Rovers, WILL have to play a team of reserves and youth players, now the EFL rules have been revealed:

'...clubs will be expected to play where it has 14 players including a goalkeeper available from the club’s registered squad list, Under-21 players not on the squad list but have played one league match or any other contracted player not on the squad list but otherwise would have been eligible to play'.

Tomorrow's test results will be pivotal in terms of whether we have a chance of winning, or not. 

Let's hope the lack of further rumours from our camp are good news....and that Barnsley do us a favour tonight! 

Really looking 4ward to tomorra, despite the risks. 

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 1