BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham (h) - 18/12/21

3 hours ago, JBiz said:

It really is “pinch yourself” time, if we get 3 points today 

Why? We are in great form, they are not. We've just comfortably beaten Bournemouth away.

What have we to fear?Just keep doing what we have been doing and the goals will come.

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The biggest decision for Mowbray to make today is who should partner Brereton in the front 2 whether it should Dolan(who would be my choice), Gallagher or Kharda? 

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

Kharda for me. 

Would prefer Kharda to start and use Dolan or Gallagher as sub depending on game management. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The biggest decision for Mowbray to make today is who should partner Brereton in the front 2 whether it should Dolan(who would be my choice), Gallagher or Kharda? 

Dolan would be mine too. Although I can see the merits in using Gallagher for his physical presence and defending set pieces.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 47er said:

Why? We are in great form, they are not. We've just comfortably beaten Bournemouth away.

What have we to fear?Just keep doing what we have been doing and the goals will come.

I agree somewhat but I would’ve never predicted this in august, to be potentially third and well in the mix with 50% of the season gone.

Way beyond my wildest imagination.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JBiz said:

I agree somewhat but I would’ve never predicted this in august, to be potentially third and well in the mix with 50% of the season gone.

Way beyond my wildest imagination.

Agree with all that. At some point you ask yourself "is all this real?" last game against Bournemouth convinced me it is!

Hope iIhaven't put the mockers on it!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

Genuinely gutted but made the decision to not attend today, never been as annoyed to miss a game because it feels special at the moment.

But with a positive case in our house (I’m negative) and a 9 day old baby it feels that staying away is the right decision for all today.

Fire us into third boys

Congratulations Tom, I hope you are enjoying not sleeping 🎉🎊👍

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, 47er said:

Historically we would trip over in games like this, bowyer was a culprit and to an extent mogadon has had his fair share....a good win would put pressure on the top 2...👍

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

Genuinely gutted but made the decision to not attend today, never been as annoyed to miss a game because it feels special at the moment.

But with a positive case in our house (I’m negative) and a 9 day old baby it feels that staying away is the right decision for all today.

Fire us into third boys

Me too Tom. I made my decision a few days ago when my wife tested positive but my PCR test yesterday was positive too, so now I'm grounded until after Christmas.

Whilst it's everyone's personal decision as to whether to go or not I would just point out that there are bound to be some of you who pick up the virus today and if you do anything you have planned for next weekend will be buggered up.

55 minutes ago, Roger jones said:

Going to be a very poor crowd.  From a look at the ground map it seems very few tickets have been bought beyond season  tickets and many of those will likely not attend either due to fear or unwillingness to engage in medical passporting. Probably fewer than 8k.  What a shame!

It's a shame but a number of factors are going to hit today's attendance..12k tops.

4 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Me too Tom. I made my decision a few days ago when my wife tested positive but my PCR test yesterday was positive too, so now I'm grounded until after Christmas.

Whilst it's everyone's personal decision as to whether to go or not I would just point out that there are bound to be some of you who pick up the virus today and if you do anything you have planned for next weekend will be buggered up.

Their decision then as to whether they definitely want to miss today's game as opposed to running a risk of possibly having to scrap Christmas plans because of a virus that theoretically they are vaccinated against.

I really don't know why you felt the need to comment on it but I hope that you are not too unwell as a result of testing positive. On the bright side it's not something you will have to be worried about, will I won't I catch it, once your period of self isolation ends.

Johnson's shirt has been posted as hanging up in the dressing room on Rovers' twitter, so presumably not him.

The plot thickens!

Got a funny feeling that Gally will end up being a big player for us today. Maybe not the worst idea to play him from the start given the sort of team they are. Going for 2-0 to the Rovers. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 47er said:

I think  JBiz meant that if we win today we will be third in the championship. That is what is beyond his wildest dreams, not beating Birmingham !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pretty confident Gallagher will play to help combat their physicality from long throw in etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ayala also got a look in for the same reason.

15 minutes ago, rigger said:

I think  JBiz meant that if we win today we will be third in the championship. That is what is beyond his wildest dreams, not beating Birmingham !

I'm happy with my response thanks. No way did I think that beating Birmingham was beyond Biz's wildest dreams!!

Edited by 47er

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don’t know what the weather is like in Blackburn but over here in Rochdale it’s glorious. Sunny with just a slight breeze. It’s perfect for a game of football. If we can’t play on form today we might as well give up.

lovely day over west lancashire and the pennines,perfect for football and getting outdoors

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why is Lockdown seemingly imminent?  

Widespread reports about a 2 week circuit breaker which will inevitably go on beyond that. To expect football grounds to continue as normal amidst that would be naive. I am against a lockdown but I think after today there wont be any live football in stadiums for a bit.