BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield (h) 02/01/22

20 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Ok pay £30 to £32 elsewhere, bargain!

Not wanting to deflect this thread, but the club are trying, you seem to be forgetting:

• The club reduced the Sheff Utd game to under £15 across the board.
  • The Preston home game and Blackpool home games have been reduced in price too.
  • The club is introducing a Category C for all non-holiday midweek games, which will see adult ticket prices capped at £20.
  • Next Generation Initiative, with 1,000 supporters having been invited to watch games in the upper tier of the Blackburn End will also continue.

The club seem to be trying in this area as far as I'm concerned. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

But if you keep putting them up again it can end up being counter productive. 

All well and good saying we are doing well so more are now coming regardless of price but it still isn't the numbers it could be. Also it wasn't the case a month or two ago and wouldn't be the case if we hit a rough patch again. That's the whole point of the pricing debate, we want regulars back not fair weather form driven we'll pay anything fans.

The latter need turning into the former and 30 quid plus tickets won't do that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

Not wanting to deflect this thread, but the club are trying, you seem to be forgetting:

• The Preston home game and Blackpool home games have been reduced in price too.
  • The club is introducing a Category C for all non-holiday midweek games, which will see adult ticket prices capped at £20.
  • Next Generation Initiative, with 1,000 supporters having been invited to watch games in the upper tier of the Blackburn End will also continue.

Come on Gav, Tesco can't read the room at all.

If it was 15 across the board on Sunday there would be 20k + on.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gav said:

Preston and Blackpool reduced to £30 to £36 from £36 to £42, so from a disgraceful and now removed ‘Cat A Plus’ to a merely ridiculous Cat A.

I was delighted with Sheffield United offer, more please!

The £20 night game price is a little pointless as it isn’t cost that puts folk off night games, but all the other factors - red button, work, can’t bring kids etc. But still, better than £30.

Free kids tickets are always to be applauded, better than an empty seat and even if a dozen of that 1,000 come again, then job done.

However, one initiative aside (Sheff Utd), weekend games are largely still massively over priced.

But as I said, at least, by chance, there won’t be many more Cat As.

Edited by Mattyblue

42 minutes ago, Gav said:

Just a small point Gav, tickets aren't capped at £20 for midweek games, it's £20 in the other 3 stands but still £25 if you want to go in the Jack Walker.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Remind me what the gate was against Sheff Utd Sparks?

One thing that immediately jumps out here, the moaning is about ticket pricing, a very valid argument for football supporters across the land and not about the manager, the players or the owners!

That is a result surely!

• Like 2

This is a game against play off rivals and therefore avoiding defeat will be important. I believe we can win it and if we do, we are definitely entitled to think even bigger and be serious top two contenders.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Remind me what the gate was against Sheff Utd Sparks?

We were bubbling along at the time of that Sheff Utd game though and just suffered a 7-0 thumping a few days before.

£15 in all areas against Hudds, on a traditional bank holiday weekend when we could potentially go into the automatic promotion places?

Think we would easily get 20k on including away support.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Gav said:

The club are making little steps to rectify a problem of their own making.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Sheff Utd? It was 17k on the back of a horrendous defeat to Fulham and a side apparently going nowhere .

Now we are top of the league after winning six on the bounce on a bank holiday - of course we’d hit 20k.

Huddersfield took 1000 to Forest last night at £25, where are another 3.5k coming from to get close to Sheff Utd following? 

.........and I've not started on our lot? 

11 minutes ago, Gav said:

Huddersfield took 1000 to Forest last night at £25, where are another 3.5k coming from to get close to Sheff Utd following? 

.........and I've not started on our lot? 

Because it’s a bank holiday day game at £15, not a night match at £25 and they are also on a good run of wins?

Hang on, you’ve kept saying that a ‘winning team brings out Blackburn folk, always been the way here’, so surely, by your logic, of course a shed load more of our lot would turn out now than when we were in the doldrums pre Sheff Utd?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Because it’s a bank holiday day game at £15, not a night match at £25 and they are also on a good run of wins?

Hang on, you’ve kept saying that a ‘winning team brings out Blackburn folk, always been the way here’, so surely, by your logic, of course a shed load more of our lot would turn out now than when we were in the doldrums pre Sheff Utd?

The numbers don't add do they Matty? 

£15 a ticket wouldn't have pulled in 20k fans I'm afraid, which ever way you slice it. 

A winning team does bring out the fans, our gates have steadily increased which proves that point nicely. 

If you'd like to discuss further I'll happily continue the debate on the attendances thread.

1 minute ago, Gav said:

£15 a ticket wouldn't have pulled in 20k fans I'm afraid, which ever way you slice it. 

I can't be arsed looking back but I'll bet you in past similar seasons with us knocking on top 2 winning every game etc, a bank holiday bumper would be no problem.  We can't be so decisive either way unless we try, you can't rule it out...20k Inc 4k Huddersfield who are on a good run...

You are both right. Success does bring the fans out likewise people wont pay to go and watch rubbish in a hostile or at best a dead environment. Last season you could have charged a quid and you'll still wouldn't have got 15,000 on.

Special one off games of 15 quid on the back of the present success would improve attendances and hopefully the returning fans enjoy it enough to go again at full whack. It would be like the Oxford game again but this time the club need to build on it.

Im gutted I cant go on Sunday as the dreaded Rona has got me. Its the first time in a long time that Im gutted to be missing it. We have to be favourites and but it doesnt surprise me that always happy fans on here are the fortune tellars of doom.

• Like 3

Spot on. Hope you're feeling OK.

I think we'll win on Sunday, more comfortably than on Wednesday. Yes Hudds are on a good run & can't be underestimated, but we should have enough pace & creativity up front to score & enough steely determination & organisation at the back to limit chances.

They got a great result last night, winning 1-0 at Forest.  But by all accounts Forest should've won, having 23 shots (6 on target) to Hudds' 9 shots (2 on target).  If they allow us 23 shots, I'd be confident of half being on target and at least 3/4 goals. Likewise if we allow 9 shots on goal, I'd be confident no more than 3 or 4 woud be on target & 2 or 3 of those blocked or saved.

Plus, they'll have ideas of attacking us given their form, leaving pace in behind for our pacey forwards to thrive.

I know football doesn't work like that, but I think a 3-1 or 4-1 win can be reasonably predicted.

Fingers crossed!!

Edited by Atko's Engine
Typos
  • Like 4

Will be interesting to see how Rhodes fairs against our back three who are tall, strong and speedy and all good in the air. I still think their threat is down the flanks and the drive created by OBrien in the middle, he has to be neutralised from the off.

25 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

Many predicted a winning margin of four or five goals against Barnsley. There was just one goal in it with a hint of squeaky bum for good measure.

Huddersfield will give us a tight game. Heart says another 2-1 victory. Head says 1-1.

Should have been, we missed a hatful.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Come on Gav, Tesco can't read the room at all.

100% agree .

I remember being a kid in the 00/01 season.

3 junior season tickets for £99 i think Plus had meal deal vouchers included for every game

That's a deal

Also why not deals on a pie and a pint . It's not hard. Make it affordable and people will come . Even more so if we are flying 

• Like 1

Well obviously plenty will still buy, we are top of the league, however it still won’t be more than 15k for said top of the table team… and plenty more would have if it was cheaper and we want to use this fantastic ride to entice as many as possible back to the club and for the ground to be as full as possible to roar them on, surely? That’s the point.

Edited by Mattyblue

The fantastic ride has been used to push half season tickets, it's worked, the facts speak for themselves. That's clearly been the focus, half season tickets aren't as appealing if we start dishing out cheap match day tickets, yet. I dare say there'll be a few cheap games coming up if we can maintain the promotion push.

Anyone who bought a Barnsley ticket had that deducted from the half season ticket price, if we were to do that following this game then that would push even more, 170 quid becomes VERY appealing especially if we win again, roughly 18 quid a game....

Everyone's never going to agree on pricing or price promotions, the only thing I think we'll all agree on is they messed up at the start of the season. Nobody, literally nobody (apart from Chaddy obviously 🙄) expected the season to pan out how it has though or they'd have shifted more even at those prices. Very naive indeed but I do think Swag is listening now, well I know he is as he's been in discussion with fans saying they'd look at pricing and he did stick to his word.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

The fantastic ride has been used to push half season tickets, it's worked, the facts speak for themselves. That's clearly been the focus, half season tickets aren't as appealing if we start dishing out cheap match day tickets, yet. I dare say there'll be a few cheap games coming up if we can maintain the promotion push.

Anyone who bought a Barnsley ticket had that deducted from the half season ticket price, if we were to do that following this game then that would push even more, 170 quid becomes VERY appealing especially if we win again, roughly 18 quid a game....

Everyone's never going to agree on pricing or price promotions, the only thing I think we'll all agree on is they messed up at the start of the season. Nobody, literally nobody (apart from Chaddy obviously 🙄) expected the season to pan out how it has though or they'd have shifted more even at those prices. Very naive indeed but I do think Swag is listening now, well I know he is as he's been in discussion with fans saying they'd look at pricing and he did stick to his word.

That’s a fair assessment. They got it wrong in the summer and they’ve almost admitted as much by restructuring the pricing in the autumn. 

I do think some of the reaction is over the top. The tickets should be cheaper but they’re not outrageously expensive (relatively) or above what other clubs often charge.

It’s pleasing that we’re still seeing an increase in attendance despite Covid.

• Like 1