BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield (h) 02/01/22

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

The fantastic ride has been used to push half season tickets, it's worked, the facts speak for themselves. That's clearly been the focus, half season tickets aren't as appealing if we start dishing out cheap match day tickets, yet. I dare say there'll be a few cheap games coming up if we can maintain the promotion push.

Anyone who bought a Barnsley ticket had that deducted from the half season ticket price, if we were to do that following this game then that would push even more, 170 quid becomes VERY appealing especially if we win again, roughly 18 quid a game....

Everyone's never going to agree on pricing or price promotions, the only thing I think we'll all agree on is they messed up at the start of the season. Nobody, literally nobody (apart from Chaddy obviously 🙄) expected the season to pan out how it has though or they'd have shifted more even at those prices. Very naive indeed but I do think Swag is listening now, well I know he is as he's been in discussion with fans saying they'd look at pricing and he did stick to his word.

This is reason.

It's been clear that their main focus has been selling half-season tickets, and I agree with that.

The 3 people I know who have bought them, have all said it is to avoid paying £30+ per game. It has worked. 

In January we can revert to every 4th game being reduced prices, so the whole of the town can go. Then there will be a last 4 game ticket, which may take us to 25,000 (If our crazy run has continued.... 😜 ).

Still dreaming, despite the Diaz move rumours.

I'm away for the Huddersfield game. So so envious. 

We hear a lot of leaks out of the club about new initiatives, many don’t come to fruition.

Waggott has got lucky with how well we are doing, if we hadn’t been, then we’d be continuing to see many a crowd figure that hadn’t been seen here for 30 plus years (as we were seeing up to the last crazy few weeks).

So we’ll see if this new supposed  ticketing strategy in the new year comes to pass - as it must.

The club should be doing everything it can to use this fantastic season to entice back as many as possible of those lost fans (and that isn’t done by the ridiculous pricing, and no, it wasn’t all some SW master plan in order to flog 750 half STs, simply a continuation of previous years policy to rip off away support) and more than anything, the mistakes of this summer cannot be repeated again.

We MUST seize this moment.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Will be interesting to see how Rhodes fairs against our back three who are tall, strong and speedy and all good in the air. I still think their threat is down the flanks and the drive created by OBrien in the middle, he has to be neutralised from the off.

I love Jordan Rhodes...

• Like 2

I went in a party of 11 walk ons against Barnsley. They were ranging from recently lapsed season ticket holders like myself to someone’s partner who has no interest in Rovers but just tagged along. We all enjoyed it and after we were talking about the next game. It cropped up it was £10 more expensive and we ended up explaining to the casual fans it was because the club want to maximise profit from away fans and the home fans are just collateral damage.

The first question was “Well how much is it in the opposite stand (Riverside)”. Again we had to explain that even though the facilities are of a much lower standard in the Riverside it costs the same money to sit there. Why I do not know.

Why can’t the Riverside be £22 for Cat A games? Surely we can charge less for that stand and still £30 for the DE?

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

We hear a lot of leaks out of the club about new initiatives, many don’t come to fruition.

Yes--what happened to those big changes we were meant to see? It wouldn't be Waggot bull-shitting to a fan would it?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hoping we can 12 to 14l Rovers fans on this game and we can supports this team, players and Mowbray cos they deserved after this run. 

Won't be easy but our supports could make the difference

Bloody hell Stanley  get more than 14 on i bet combination get more than that>

8 hours ago, Hasta said:

I went in a party of 11 walk ons against Barnsley. They were ranging from recently lapsed season ticket holders like myself to someone’s partner who has no interest in Rovers but just tagged along. We all enjoyed it and after we were talking about the next game. It cropped up it was £10 more expensive and we ended up explaining to the casual fans it was because the club want to maximise profit from away fans and the home fans are just collateral damage.

The first question was “Well how much is it in the opposite stand (Riverside)”. Again we had to explain that even though the facilities are of a much lower standard in the Riverside it costs the same money to sit there. Why I do not know.

Why can’t the Riverside be £22 for Cat A games? Surely we can charge less for that stand and still £30 for the DE?

It may have changed, but I doubt it - you can't charge away fans more than your lowest pricing for home fans, regardless of stand. It's to stop them getting milked, or overcharged to keep numbers down. Basically to ensure fair treatment of away fans. Like you say, the prices therefore stay high to maximise profit from away fans and the home fans are just collateral damage.

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

It may have changed, but I doubt it - you can't charge away fans more than your lowest pricing for home fans, regardless of stand. It's to stop them getting milked, or overcharged to keep numbers down. Basically to ensure fair treatment of away fans. Like you say, the prices therefore stay high to maximise profit from away fans and the home fans are just collateral damage.

I'm not sure that is correct. The rule was that you had to charge away fans the same price for a like for like seat, eg the Darwen End and Blackburn End.

It's why Leeds always got away with charging away fans £38-40 when they moved there away end as it was opposite there main stand where the home fans were paying that. Behind the goal they were much cheaper.

It's only this season we have done the bizarre move of charging the same for the Riverside as we do all the other lower tiers.

If we must have a Cat A price structure where everywhere else is £30, the Riverside should be £25 at the most.

Edited by MarkBRFC

4 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'm not sure that is correct. The rule was that you had to charge away fans the same price for a like for like seat, eg the Darwen End and Blackburn End.

It's why Leeds always got away with charging away fans £38-40 when they moved there away end as it was opposite there main stand where the home fans were paying that. Behind the goal they were much cheaper.

It's only this season we have done the bizarre move of charging the same for the Riverside as we do all the other lower tiers.

If we must have a Cat A price structure where everywhere else is £30, the Riverside should be £25 at the most.

I still think this seasons pricing of the Riverside, was seen as a way to get fans to move to other parts of the ground. With the aim of eventually closing the Riverside. A better way would have been to have lowered the price of other parts of the ground down to the price of the Riverside. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris Whittys Barber said:

Tough game this against a decent dog bothering outfit. Should be a very healthy crowd. I'd actually take a point right now. 2-2 incoming.

I have never been happy with a point at home to a team below us in the league.

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

The rule always used to be as @MarkBRFChas said, pricing had to be matched for like for like areas of the ground. It may have changed in the last couple of years mind.