BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

Time will tell if this thead continues, but on Sunday there could be just 3 teams separating us in the league. 

In 2017-18 we finished 2nd league 1 , while they were 7th in Premier league ( 38 teams separating)

I honestly couldn't see us getting back and we were in a right state, but just maybe the rightful order will be restored with a promotion and there relegation. 

That's my new year wish anyway , together with covid doing one .

• Like 4

1 minute ago, slowmo said:

Time will tell if this thead continues, but on Sunday there could be just 3 teams separating us in the league. 

In 2017-18 we finished 2nd league 1 , while they were 7th in Premier league ( 38 teams separating)

I honestly couldn't see us getting back and we were in a right state, but just maybe the rightful order will be restored with a promotion and there relegation. 

That's my new year wish anyway , together with covid doing one .

I would sooner live with covid, than the dingles being in a league above us.

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yet they are just 2 points behind Watford, with a better goal difference and a game in hand.

Their problem is how well will the Saudis buy in the window.

Watford can at least score goals with Dennis and King, Burnley have Cornet possibly when he's fit. They're are down as a team can be

15 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Watford can at least score goals with Dennis and King, Burnley have Cornet possibly when he's fit. They're are down as a team can be

This season Watford have scored 7 more than Burnley but conceded 11 more. Burnley need to turn draws into wins but as you rightly point out struggle to score many.

It's going to be a close call and Burnley may well go down.

17 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

This season Watford have scored 7 more than Burnley but conceded 11 more. Burnley need to turn draws into wins but as you rightly point out struggle to score many.

They have Leeds,  Leicester,  Arsenal, Man United,  Liverpool as there next fixtures .

Lucky to get more than 3 points out of that 

• Like 1

Do you know another thing that’s been great about this season… a load of different chants, but hardly any of them are now banging on about this lot, which makes a bloody welcome change!

We were becoming as small time as they were when they spent years obsessed with us…

• Like 9

16 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

All depends for who they sign in January and whether they is any manager changes

16 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yet they are just 2 points behind Watford, with a better goal difference and a game in hand.

Their problem is how well will the Saudis buy in the window.

Will Watford change manager again given that Ranieri hasn't improved the team much. Wouldn't surprise me if Fonseca or Diego Martinez was appoint as his replacement. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

All depends for who they sign in January and whether they is any manager changes

Will Watford change manager again given that Ranieri hasn't improved the team much. Wouldn't surprise me if Fonseca or Diego Martinez was appoint as his replacement. 

Newcastle will dominate this transfer window ahead of the other strugglers.

Doesn't mean instant improvement though.

If they manage the incoming as well as they have manipulated match postponements then Toon will get safe to Burnley's and Watford's detriment.

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Newcastle will dominate this transfer window ahead of the other strugglers.

Doesn't mean instant improvement though.

If they manage the incoming as well as they have manipulated match postponements then Toon will get safe to Burnley's and Watford's detriment.

I agree with that completely as most new signings will need time to settle in and how they played 

They are being kept alive by the ineptitude of Norwich, Watford and Newcastle. 

Our last hope is that Newcastle do some serious business and get their act together quickly because I wouldn't put a bean on Norwich or Watford surviving in their current states.

Ridiculous that after 1 win all season they are still in the mix and not adrift but that sums up how rubbish the PL is outside the top 6-7.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

Newcastle look to by trying for some big name, proven, players. Aubameyang is this morning's rumour, and they've already lodged a bid for Trippier. Hopefully the type of players they appear to be targeting means they aren't looking at Brereton Diaz.

They’re deluded if they think Brereton would save them. He’s not a top drawer player and would struggle against premier league defenders. However it would be typical of Newcastle to buy him and pay over the odds too.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, El Tombro said:

Newcastle look to by trying for some big name, proven, players. Aubameyang is this morning's rumour, and they've already lodged a bid for Trippier. Hopefully the type of players they appear to be targeting means they aren't looking at Brereton Diaz.

I've seen Newcastle United linked with Kieran Tripper, Aaron Ramsey, Sven Botman and Odion Ighalo in recent days. 

57 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Newcastle, Norwich and Watford to go down please

This won't be popular but I don't want any Lancashire town team to get relegated, including Burnley

Unless Rovers get promoted I’d definitely rather have Burnley in the championship than Newcastle next season. 

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 7