BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

27 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Football can attract both the best and very worst of Humanity Longers..all Clubs have 'em tbh.

They do mate, but it’s important to call them out where we can. - it’s 2022 ffs.

Some people just shouldn’t be allowed out .

• Like 3

For what it's worth, I was in the away end at Spurs for a League Cup tie about 1993 and there was the unmistakeable sound of the Rovers away support hissing in the direction of the Spurs fans in the section next door.

Football and the lowest common denominator etc...A big part of me thinks attention and anti social "status" is the whole aim...and I worry about such behaviour getting any attention/oxygen whatsoever in the press/and from the likes of Jim White and Simon Jordan etc. It only reinforces it...

2 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

For what it's worth, I was in the away end at Spurs for a League Cup tie about 1993 and there was the unmistakeable sound of the Rovers away support hissing in the direction of the Spurs fans in the section next door.

Football and the lowest common denominator etc...A big part of me thinks attention and anti social "status" is the whole aim...and I worry about such behaviour getting any attention/oxygen whatsoever in the press/and from the likes of Jim White and Simon Jordan etc. It only reinforces it...

More than a few people singing have you paid your gas bill yet to the spurs support too back then.....

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

More than a few people singing have you paid your gas bill yet to the spurs support too back then.....

I think the worst I heard was Rovers fans singing to Cardiff fans : Where were you at Aberfan.

And that was over fifty years ago. 

21 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lampard understood that he needs to go more defensive and switch Formation to keep them up. He realised he couldn't play his preferred formation so switch it. Good management there. 

You have been trumpeting Lampard since you read in the papers that he was in line for the Everton job. Your m.o. is to then stick to your guns no matter what. 

Lampard has been in charge for 19 games, he has accumulated 23 points. A simple, inaccurate I know, extrapolation would have his team on 46 points over a full season. His current win rate is 36%. Mowbray's Championship winning percentage with Rovers was 36%. 

He may turn into a good manager but he's not there yet and is struggling - as his history suggests - to build a side that can keep a clean sheet. Starting Jarrod Branthwaite isn't the answer either.

There were some odd decisions against Everton yesterday - Richarlison would have got a penalty on other occasions, alas it was not to be. But the players look like they do like playing for him. 

I will also say that Carlo Ancelotti, one of the best in the business, couldn't get a tune out of Everton. If he struggled the list of people who could sort it out is very short indeed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

You have been trumpeting Lampard since you read in the papers that he was in line for the Everton job. Your m.o. is to then stick to your guns no matter what. 

Lampard has been in charge for 19 games, he has accumulated 23 points. A simple, inaccurate I know, extrapolation would have his team on 46 points over a full season. His current win rate is 36%. Mowbray's Championship winning percentage with Rovers was 36%. 

He may turn into a good manager but he's not there yet and is struggling - as his history suggests - to build a side that can keep a clean sheet. Starting Jarrod Branthwaite isn't the answer either.

There were some odd decisions against Everton yesterday - Richarlison would have got a penalty on other occasions, alas it was not to be. But the players look like they do like playing for him. 

I will also say that Carlo Ancelotti, one of the best in the business, couldn't get a tune out of Everton. If he struggled the list of people who could sort it out is very short indeed.

I think alot of Everton problems is the owner and no clear plan. He has spend well over 500 million pounds in transfer fees plus wages for them. Alot of poor signings in that lot. 

Hopefully Everton will stay up and Burnley will come down. 

Lampard in the summer will restructure that playing squad. 

Branthwaite only played due to players like Ben Godfrey, Michael Keane and Mina not available. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think alot of Everton problems is the owner and no clear plan. He has spend well over 500 million pounds in transfer fees plus wages for them. Alot of poor signings in that lot. 

Branthwaite only played due to players like Ben Godfrey, Michael Keane and Mina not available. 

They’ve missed Mina.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

What a terrible owner giving managers half a billion to spend.

2 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

What a terrible owner giving managers half a billion to spend.

He’s a terrible owner because he financially supports a war criminal. 

5 hours ago, SoldierMo said:

Not sure if anyone has noticed but Burnley downgrading their Cat1 academy 🤔

It's a little odd isn't it, because Alan Pace promised to revolutionise their youth setup with state of the art scouting methods. What actually transpired was an app for kids to send in clips of them dribbling and doing kickups.

5 hours ago, Ossydave said:

It's a little odd isn't it, because Alan Pace promised to revolutionise their youth setup with state of the art scouting methods. What actually transpired was an app for kids to send in clips of them dribbling and doing kickups.

I read that story online about them losing their cat 1 status 2 years later after they gained it. 

Burnley reiterate Academy commitment but Clarets set to lose elite status - LancsLive

They make me laugh and sick. We are committed to improving facilities whilst doing the exact opposite. Do they think there taking to primary school kids. That’s why every time our academy gets brought up I shudder because there liars and so are the folk down at brockhall. I don’t know how anyone can fall for it

46 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

They make me laugh and sick. We are committed to improving facilities whilst doing the exact opposite. Do they think there taking to primary school kids. That’s why every time our academy gets brought up I shudder because there liars and so are the folk down at brockhall. I don’t know how anyone can fall for it

we are talking about Burnley academy being downgraded and their chairman using that system. 

Rovers are continually investing and improving our academy year on year

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

we are talking about Burnley academy being downgraded and their chairman using that system. 

Rovers are continually investing and improving our academy year on year

I’m sure we were all talking about our new improved facilities whilst selling off the training centre not six months ago.

id say it’s relevant and your the prime candidate for falling for it

15 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I’m sure we were all talking about our new improved facilities whilst selling off the training centre not six months ago.

id say it’s relevant and your the prime candidate for falling for it

wasn't it over 12 months ago? Since then alot has happened including improving our academy and keeping our cat 1 status confirmed by Stuart Jones