BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I seen Newcastle signing Ramsey, Botman and a striker before the window shuts. 

they after Everton full back Digne for 22.5 million plus Sean Longstaff. Did Everton reject that bid?

I aint got a clue ..but i know signing Wood is hardly ambitious or relegation saving!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I seen Newcastle signing Ramsey, Botman and a striker before the window shuts. 

they after Everton full back Digne for 22.5 million plus Sean Longstaff. Did Everton reject that bid?

Newcastle are in a situation whereby the only reason that players will want to join is money, but any permanent additions will be wary of a likely relegation wage cut.

Trippier will have (no matter how much he claims otherwise!) joined for the money, going from a Champions League team to a terrible Newcastle team, from Suarez and Griezmann to Jacob Murphy and Jonjo Shelvey. 

Ramsey is on a reported 400k a week at Juventus, the only way surely that Newcastle could get a deal to work without Ramsey having to have his wages reduced is a loan, considering that he would need a cut if they went down. Aubameyang has been linked, maybe money again will be the deciding factor.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Newcastle are in a situation whereby the only reason that players will want to join is money, but any permanent additions will be wary of a likely relegation wage cut.

These will have relegation release clauses in those contracts most likely. 

Trippier will have (no matter how much he claims otherwise!) joined for the money,

Well that's opinion 

Ramsey is on a reported 400k a week at Juventus

Its no wonder these big teams like Juventus, Barcelona and Real Madrid are in so much debt and wanted this European Super League. 

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

thanks. 

Would be surprised if Newcastle want him but Burnley losing Wood would definitely end the PL spell. 

Burnley need signings not selling Wood  

He'd be a fantastic signing for the Magpies...hope it happens.🤣

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dyche and Burnley have made 3 million pound for Sunderland midfielder Daniel Neil according to the commentator at the game for FL show on Quest. 

Whilst Newcastle are making bids for Botman from Lille and Oirgi from Liverpool

Things are bad for them if they’ve got into counterfeiting.

On 02/01/2022 at 19:40, Mattyblue said:

FAO the American owners. Your fans have spoken, you obviously now need to follow their wishes…

https://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59276&sid=4831403e99723c891eba318f4b4e90b7

Enjoying the thread discussing the virtues of back-to-back relegations.

I agree. It will be really good for them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CD_93 said:

Enjoying the thread discussing the virtues of back-to-back relegations.

I agree. It will be really good for them.

They'll struggle in the Championship if they lose Dyche and the owners pocket the parachute payments.

Woods is 30, seems a bonkers size fee to me. What's Diaz worth then? 

In our situation, keeping emphasis on developing the young uns seems very much the way to go.

No point  developing into them into regular first-teamers however if you don't pay them salaries to match.

After all, this way we save on massive transfer fees.

15 minutes ago, 47er said:

Woods is 30, seems a bonkers size fee to me. What's Diaz worth then? 

In our situation, keeping emphasis on developing the young uns seems very much the way to go.

No point  developing into them into regular first-teamers however if you don't pay them salaries to match.

After all, this way we save on massive transfer fees.

It is a ridiculous fee based on his ability and age but I think it's cute from Newcastle as it hugely weakens Burnley. I don't think Dyche will have planned for this and won't have a replacement lined up. He might just have to rely on plodders like Rodriguez, Vydra and Barnes.

The old Newcastle problem comes back though - the reason they are throwing money at the likes of Chris Wood is because their options in January sat in the bottom 3 are severely limited.

Burnley might get a big pile of cash for him - but they've 3 weeks to spend it and how many decent players are going to jump ship to them at this stage with 1 win all season?

• Like 1