BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff (a) - 15/1/22 - 12.30pm kick off

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

There is no reason whatsoever that we should go to Cardiff with the attitude that anything other than 3 points will not be a success.

We are 2nd in the league and have to get into an attitude whereby 3 points is a realistic aim from any game, we are 2nd in the table, 6 wins and a draw in 7 in the league, unbeaten in 9, we have had a full week to prepare, Cardiff are having a dreadful season and have collected 7 points at home all season, easily the worst in the league, and of course the stadium will be empty. They have also recently lost Giles who is a very good creative player at this level.

Obviously it is not the end of anything if we don't win but I'd be frustrated all things considered if we don't come back with 3 points. When you are at the top end of a league, if you drop points even with a draw, most of your rivals tend to make ground up on you.

I'll be very disappointed if we don't take all 3 points from this fixture. However the lads have looked very tired and uninspired the last couple of games.

Is Wharton fit as he seems to put the defence at ease whenever he plays?

Edited by booth

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Not really Gav, the team behind have 2 games in hand and if we don't win and they do,  our automatic hopes are less positive.  Imperative we beat a shit Cardiff.

We have over 20 games still to play Sparks!

A win would be fantastic, a draw would be fine, even the other option isn't the end of the season. 

I hope you're going to be ok down the home straight, we've still a long way to go yet!

• Like 3

Big test for Rovers, who need to show that they can bounce back and show the silly FA Cup defeat at Wigan was an aberration and hasn't affected confidence. 

So many players were off the pace in that game and it's important the mindset is right.

I'll be optimistic

Cardiff 2 Rovers 2

• Like 1

Need to get going in 2022 now and back to winning ways, as February looks a tougher month on paper .

Plus I'm scared a little dip can turn into a spiral .

Bit worried about the WB positions with Pickering out for a while and if R N is not available .

I personally think BBD has been quite for a few games now. I know he's still popping up with goals , but it feels like he's getting less on the ball than in the last 9 months or so . 

2 - 0 BBD and Khadra 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Big test for Rovers, who need to show that they can bounce back and show the silly FA Cup defeat at Wigan was an aberration and hasn't affected confidence. 

So many players were off the pace in that game and it's important the mindset is right.

I'll be optimistic

Cardiff 2 Rovers 2

I think it was more a question Jim of players taking the wrong option especially in the final third, particularly Diaz, Rothwell and Buckley. 

The previous dozen or so games we have generally taken the best option at the right time.

We need to beat Cardiff and Hull if we have automatic aspirations. Both are struggling poor sides.

In a few weeks we have Middlesbrough, Swansea and West Brom and people will be on here happy with draws in those so we need wins on the board if so.

• Like 7

Not just about this match but I'm not sure where to put this. I hope Pickering's injury is more the 4 weeks than the 6. If he missed 6 weeks from the injury date, he would be out for 8 games. We only have 21 games left, so that's more than a third of our remaining season. Then he would come back to play three rock hard games that he might not be fit for.

Edun better be a capable deputy. I also struggle/dread to think who plays there if Edun gets an injury or a ban...maybe one of the new right backs could cover there briefly.

Edited by bluebruce

11 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Not just about this match but I'm not sure where to put this. I hope Pickering's injury is more the 4 weeks than the 6. If he missed 6 weeks from the injury date, he would be out for 8 games. We only have 21 games left, so that's more than a third of our remaining season. Then he would come back to play three rock hard games that he might not be fit for.

Edun better be a capable deputy. I also struggle/dread to think who plays there if Edun gets an injury or a ban...maybe one of the new right backs could cover there briefly.

Cirino.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Cirino was at the Academy on Sunday on crutches and his left leg in a brace. He seemingly got a knee ligament injury at Middlesbrough on January 2nd. 

I didn't realise Cirino was injured. If all the injuries did come about, I would change the system and go with a back four of, Nyambe, Ayala, Van Hecke, Wharton.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

No Keiffer Moore for Cardiff on Saturday. He's not been on the best of form and I'd have been fairly confident that our new system would keep him quiet anyway, but still big shoes to fill for them.

Yeah I saw this earlier, was pleased to see it! Like you said his form hasn't been great, but he can be an absolute nuisance on a good day, so i'm chuffed to see he likely won't be featuring.

At a glance, this is a game we should be winning quite comfortably... but there's just something about this fixture that leaves me with a slight lack of confidence. The nature of the loss against Wigan over the weekend didn't help, i'm hoping it won't affect our momentum in the league too much.

Though I think a draw might be on the cards, i'm gonna be optimistic and say 1-0 Rovers - Khadra to bag.

45 minutes ago, Gav said:

Two games coming up in South Wales over the next few weeks, never easy places to go as a player or a fan. If we can take 4 points from those 2 game I'd be extremely happy.

Cardiff 1 Rovers 2

Gutted - since moving to Pembrokeshire these two games were my two for the season - now behind closed doors 😒

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Team surely picks itself:

Kaminski

Lenihan Van Hecke Wharton

Nyambe Travis Rothwell Edun

Buckley

Khadra Brereton

Subs: Any keeper except Pears, Ayala, Rankin Costello, Dolan, Gallagher, Johnson, Davenport

Corrected for you mate 🙂

• Like 6