BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Daily Telegraph article by James Ducker

An interesting article. Thanks for sharing. It paints, generally, a rosy picture, though, referencing the high wage to turnover ratio. I think a key omission is the contract expiry situation with so many players in the last or second to last year, which is a major uncertainty with the club (and, perhaps, as a poster here suggested, with other clubs too). The situation with the planned sale of the training ground which was in the offing before is also a worrying sign which needs to be considered when assessing the state of the club.

I would contend with the "and limited finances restricted Mowbray to a handful of loan signings," as we did sign Harry Pickering (albeit the deal was done in January 2021) and Tayo Edun, whose transfer fees were undisclosed but LT online suggested that the latter deal cost £450k and I can imagine Pickering could have been a similar value.

It is nice, however, for Rovers to be getting some limelight again. Though, it should be said that though we have been in the doldrums, as former Premier League champions, it doesn't compare to some other clubs - including former Prem clubs such as Bolton and Portsmouth.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, riverholmes said:

An interesting article. Thanks for sharing. It paints, generally, a rosy picture, though, referencing the high wage to turnover ratio. I think a key omission is the contract expiry situation with so many players in the last or second to last year, which is a major uncertainty with the club (and, perhaps, as a poster here suggested, with other clubs too). The situation with the planned sale of the training ground which was in the offing before is also a worrying sign which needs to be considered when assessing the state of the club.

I would contend with the "and limited finances restricted Mowbray to a handful of loan signings," as we did sign Harry Pickering (albeit the deal was done in January 2021) and Tayo Edun, whose transfer fees were undisclosed but LT online suggested that the latter deal cost £450k and I can imagine Pickering could have been a similar value.

It is nice, however, for Rovers to be getting some limelight again. Though, it should be said that though we have been in the doldrums, as former Premier League champions, it doesn't compare to some other clubs - including former Prem clubs such as Bolton and Portsmouth.

Or Oldham.