BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 24/1/22

30 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

He's been shaky overall and Boro's Isaiah Jones seems to be their preferred right wing back and he dropped a couple of stepovers and beat his man to cross the ball for their late winner against Reading. If Edun has his best game for Rovers yet, we probably will be in with a chance.

You say that but Pickering would be even more vulnerable,  he can't defend a good winger.

That Crooks is a good player, I would have liked us to get him.

10 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Not so much hold up play but if Gallaghers central in a two at least when it bounces off him there should be some of our players near to him to benefit from it. Also he can just run at them and batter his way through Jason Roberts style. 

On the right wing the ball bounces off him out of play as often as not, or if he does control it as soon as he tries to pass it he loses it. Most mysterious player continuing player selection in all my time watching Rovers.

If we play Buckley false 9 and Gallagher wide right tonight I will be sorely tempted just to turn the TV back off.

Yes agree with that. The only place to play Gallagher is through the middle.

• Like 1

In all seriousness I’m very nervous about tonight’s game. Our record in these big games (Bournemouth aside) is very poor since relegation in 11/12. 

Boro are on a red hot streak of form themselves and you get the sense that it could continue through to may. With Rovers, it’s been a few consecutive sub standard performances leading into this. That, in combination with our inability to turn games around when we go a goal down and our lack of late winners, plus the absence of Diaz and some COVID issues I can’t see anything other than a Middlesbrough win.

Rovers 0 - 2 Boro

I hope it isn’t the start of an annual death spiral.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I have a feeling Harry Chapman is gonna make a sensational appearance tonight. 

I reckon you're right. Injuries and Covid in the camp would probably mean he's on the bench

I'm worried that Wilder is going to do a job on us tonight. We have looked blunt recently and with us short of attacking options, I can't see us winning. Would love to be wrong as this would be a massive 3 points for us.

Boro will be looking to target Edun, I feel. Their RWB, Isaiah Jones, is a danger. Quick, aggressive, gets crosses in. He's always looked decent whenever I've watched them (not a lot, admittedly, but still). In Sporar, Watmore and Crooks they have the players to cause us a few problems.

Rovers 0-1 Boro (Boo).

• Like 1

Looking at a Boro forum they are considerably less confident than we might expect and most would be happy with a draw. There seems to be a feeling that a number of late goals in recent games have masked some very average performances. They reckon that they haven't played well since beating Forest on Boxing Day. I saw some chunks of that game and didn't think they looked very impressive even then.