BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 24/1/22

This match is pretty much why I'm  confident on us making playoffs, we haven't been fabulous but solid, yet the oppo generate so few chances and we make a lot. It's been the same every game since Fulham, even Hull last week (until the subs ruined the formation and everything went to sh*t).

New just need to make something of the opportunities we create. Should have got at least one from this half.

Edun needs to wake up defensively. Nearly gave them a clear run on goal before, and that should've been a pen.

Suspect this is our 'good half' so it's a bit concerning we haven't notched. Shame BBD and Markanday are out, all we have lacked is that edge in and near the box.

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

Edun is poor. His league 1 is showing.

Think he's been better than recent games for me. That said obvious weak point. Sure Edun will feature quite extensively in the Wilder team talk.

If I was wilder I'd tell the team to sit back and just ping it wide right to Jones all half. Don't think it's his style though so hopefully theyll keep passing it around and letting us break.

The way Buckley glides over the grass is majestic. He just needs to find the weight of that final ball more. Excellent player 

Been good all round. I’d take Gallagher off for Butterworth, but then again he does add an extra aerial presence. If Johnson is to go off for Davenport I’d keep Gallagher on purely for his height. 
I would sub Nyambe too. Don’t want another sending off and he has that in him. 

2 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The way Buckley glides over the grass is majestic. He just needs to find the weight of that final ball more. Excellent player 

Been good all round. I’d take Gallagher off for Butterworth, but then again he does add an extra aerial presence. If Johnson is to go off for Davenport I’d keep Gallagher on purely for his height. 
I would sub Nyambe too. Don’t want another sending off and he has that in him. 

Has Gallagher actually won a header? Definitely not in this game and probably not in the last few. 

Those changes should have been made before the kickoff, but as usual it doesn’t happen until 60 mins of the wrong players doing fuck all

Edited by Dan

We're the better side here, just needs to get more runs in behind their defense. They're not responding well to Rovers high pressing, keep it up. Would like to see Butterworth on for either Travis or Johnson, move Buckley back into midfield (where he seems to be playing anyway). Edun is having a nightmare though, caught on his heels several times in addition to being positionally off. 

Frustrating half. As others have said, Buckley showing class, but quality missing up front big time. Gally is huffing and puffing, I respect that, but just isn't providing much quality at all. We are solid at the back, except for Edun who seems really out of place. We are stretched thin so not many options on the bench...a bit worrying.

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

Do sky hate us? The commentary seems so one way. Last week was Hull TV, just week Middlesbrough TV. 

Sky have hated us for a long time.

I mention it in here more than I probably should but they once played a little montage of all the Premier League winning teams and their great moments in winning the league (Arsenal invincibles, Leicester surprise win, Man City's Aguero moment)

Only PL winning team not to feature at all?

Rovers.

• Like 2