BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 24/1/22

On 20/01/2022 at 18:03, MarkBRFC said:

We'll lose this 2-0.

Boro to do to us what we did to Bournemouth last month.

I agree with this. I don't think we have a snowballs chance in hell, especially without Pickering and our talisman - we have literally zero strikers of note to count on. I hope Nyambe and Travis are back but I fully expect Gallagher to be back in and more appearances from the likes of Johnson and Buckley playing deep. I fear it'll be more tactical nonsense against a team in very good form.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

It's a tricky fixture and it feels uncertainty is creeping back into the team and the minds of the fans.Such a shame also this is a Monday night game on the telly...this will affect the attendance.

1-1

I think Boro have shifted nearly 3k

• Like 1

Avoid defeat at all costs in this one. Keeping Boro at arms length is vital, as they are sixth, but 7 points behind us. Another defeat and the negativity will grow, especially amongst the fans. It’s amazing how a nervous crowd can spill over onto the pitch. Keeping it tight for the first half hour could prove to be vital and although we are at home, with BBD and Picking out, playing a counter attacking, away type of style, could be the key.

• Like 2

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Middlesbrough (h) - 24/1/22

Can't lose this one after we screwed up the Hull game so badly.

All the teams in the top 6 have at least 1 game in hand on us, QPR have 2.

A loss here and our confidence will be shot and QPR, West Brom and Boro will have the opportunity to close the gap/overtake us.

Huge game really, and to go in relying on Gallagher is going to be mammoth task.

12 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I would say the sky pundits nailed it on Wednesday. We need to drop a forward into midfield and play 352 rather than 343. Wilder will copy Hull for sure.

So team for me

Kaminski

Lenihan.      Ayala.     Wharton

Nyambe.    Buckley. Travis  Rothwell.  Edun

Gallagher.   Khadra

We can transition to a 343 later if sensible.

I like it! But it won't happen. 😂

16 minutes ago, Gav said:

I hate Sky messing around with the fixtures, what the hell are we supposed to do today.....?

Saturday is for football, not Monday night.....

I agree that 3pm Saturday should be the main KO time, but I really enjoy the atmosphere of a night match. I park up on the old Manxman pub car park and looking down to a floodlit Ewood really sets the scene for me. I’m looking forward to Monday night already. COYB.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We'd probably be looking at approaching 20k plus for this on a Saturday afternoon - at £20 of course.

SKY, killing football since 1992.

But then, a week before the most needed pay day of the year it would have been priced at £30 to £36…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, booth said:

I agree with this. I don't think we have a snowballs chance in hell, especially without Pickering and our talisman - we have literally zero strikers of note to count on. I hope Nyambe and Travis are back but I fully expect Gallagher to be back in and more appearances from the likes of Johnson and Buckley playing deep. I fear it'll be more tactical nonsense against a team in very good form.

Its Middlesbrough not Man City.

If we perform like we have shown since our change to 3 at the back, with the exception of the last couple of games, we are more than capable of beating Boro even without Pickering and Brererton

35 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Its Middlesbrough not Man City.

If we perform like we have shown since our change to 3 at the back, with the exception of the last couple of games, we are more than capable of beating Boro even without Pickering and Brererton

They are one of the form teams in the league, that's a fact. I watched them in their last match and they look like us when we were playing well. We are on the back of a poor mini run where we've looked tired, uninspired and every bit the team that finished 15th last season. We are without our top scorer, our attacking fullback, possibly our only combatative midfielder and we all know what happens when Mowbray has to replace players - he goes fucking mental.

Add to that the guaranteed inclusion of lazy Gallagher and our new signings not being ready. Expecting a good result is folly.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, booth said:

They are one of the form teams in the league, that's a fact. I watched them in their last match and they look like us when we were playing well. We are on the back of a poor mini run where we've looked tired, uninspired and every bit the team that finished 15th last season. We are without our top scorer, our attacking fullback, possibly our only combatative midfielder and we all know what happens when Mowbray has to replace players - he goes fucking mental.

Add to that the guaranteed inclusion of lazy Gallagher and our new signings not being ready. Expecting a good result is folly.

Not giving us a chance is folly.Its Middlesbrough.Fulham aside at home we give anyone a game.Boro have conceded in their last 3.I watched them also and imo they were not as good as we were in our run.

Cardiff we played shite,we won the game to nil, they didn't create much.Huddersfielf the pitch was atrocious they can be excused for not playing great in that match.

It will be a tough game but again at home i don't think we should be fearing it at all 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Not giving us a chance is folly.Its Middlesbrough.Fulham aside at home we give anyone a game.Boro have conceded in their last 3.I watched them also and imo they were not as good as we were in our run.

Cardiff we played shite,we won the game to nil, they didn't create much.Huddersfielf the pitch was atrocious they can be excused for not playing great in that match.

It will be a tough game but again at home i don't think we should be fearing it at all 

I guess you didn't watch us against Hull then, and now we are relying on Gallagher for goals.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/top-scorers

49 minutes ago, booth said:

I guess you didn't watch us against Hull then, and now we are relying on Gallagher for goals.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/top-scorers

Hull was poor.But TM moved away from a winning formula.Travis is back for Monday.

Gally was shite the other night and isn't great but still has 5 goals and a couple of assists this season.

It will be a tough game and Middlesbrough COULD come out with the 3 points but I'm not having that we have no chance against them.We have the second best home form in the league.

Take Solanke's goals away from Bournemouth and Brererton away from Rovers they have scored 1 more goal than us this season.

It takes 1 goal to win a game.When Brererton was banging them in earlier in the season we were outside the playoffs.Our recent run is down to becoming more solid at the back and with the return of Nyambe and Travis then I don't think we will give up as many chances as we did against Hull.

Boro have scored 31 this season to our 44 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/middlesbrough/top-scorers

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Theaxe15 said:

I feel like the majority of rovers fans, given previous years form, are expecting a defeat here and a collapse incoming. If we somehow manage to win this I’ll really start to believe there’s something good brewing 

Need to treat this just like the Sheff Utd game, jump on them and stay on them and if we go one behind get straight back at them. That was such an important win as it set the season alight and put away the doubts after that bad defeat and horror performance.

Similar needed here now, crowd needs to be the same as well behind the team from the off and stick with it. This for me could potentially be the biggest win of the season so far. It would be a very important 3 points.

• Like 4