BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 24/1/22

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Really? I'd say if Travis is back, that's almost certainly the team.

Reckon it will be the team, the only real  decision is whether Buckley is a false 9 or in midfield.

Ayala coming back in after Van Hecke was owned by Hulls number 9 is pretty nailed on. Though not sure how much Ayala's less accomplished passing and lack of pace will be.

Edited by joey_big_nose

I'd like to see Dolan back up top, assuming he's fit.......playing the chasing/harrassing game, high up the pitch, against a big, cumbersome back 4.

Then the 2 banks of 3 at the back and in midfield that have served us so well (assuming they're available) and then perm any others (except Gallagher) for the remaining outfield slots.

We have to take the game to 'Boro IMO.

On match day the first thing I look at is team selection, always nervous that TM starts tinkering again. I'm happy if I see an unchanged team except for injuries etc.

I remain a critic of TM and know that isn't fair but he remains the biggest danger to our potential promotion.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, JohnD said:

On match day the first thing I look at is team selection, always nervous that TM starts tinkering again. I'm happy if I see an unchanged team except for injuries etc.

I remain a critic of TM and know that isn't fair but he remains the biggest danger to our potential promotion.

It’s entirely fair. After years of mediocrity and wildly inconsistent runs of form Mowbray stumbled on a formation and style that worked (in my opinion more through accident than design). Even with injuries he could have gone more like for like on Wednesday than totally abandoning what’s been good for us.

It’s a tony Mowbray paradox that the squad is weak in terms of size but more players arguably weakens us because of his overwhelming temptation to change personnel, style and formation every game.

We all have to hope and pray he’s learnt this lesson.

Edited by matt83
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, matt83 said:

It’s entirely fair. After years of mediocrity and wildly inconsistent runs of form Mowbray stumbled on a formation and style that worked (in my opinion more through accident than design). Even with injuries he could have gone more like for like on Wednesday than totally abandoning what’s been good for us.

It’s a tony Mowbray paradox that the squad is weak in terms of size but more players arguably weakens us because of his overwhelming temptation to change personnel, style and formation every game.

We all have to hope and pray he’s learnt this lesson.

Having Gallagher anywhere near the starting 11 is proof that he hasn’t learnt any lessons.  Actually,  you mean after Hull? Hopefully he has. 

Edited by Dan
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

Markandey ruled out for the season needing surgery on a hamstring injury 

Seriously?

Edit: Apologies, I've just read the report.....how unfortunate and sad for both Markanday and us!

Harvey Elliott is with us on Monday night....get him signed up until the end of the season and if we go up, permanently! It'd take the pressure off Buckley, Rothwell and Dack.

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Seriously?

Edit: Apologies, I've just read the report.....how unfortunate and sad for both Markanday and us!

Harvey Elliott is with us on Monday night....get him signed up until the end of the season and if we go up, permanently! It'd take the pressure off Buckley, Rothwell and Dack.

Elliot was starting for Liverpool prior to his injury, they won't be letting him out 

1 minute ago, danger19_80 said:

Big 'ol bloody game this one now!

Yep. Win and we go 8 clear of Hudds having played the same amount of games. Losing doesn’t really seem an option at the minute given at least 2-3 of the chasing pack are winning every week. QPR will now go above us and Bournemouth if they win their game in hand. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Surely with Travis and Nyambe back 10 of the 11 pick themselves? Stick with what has been working.

I’d give Butterworth a run in Brereton’s place. Dack on the bench.

That’s a complete non starter. Dack hasn’t even played 1 minute of competitive football at any level and you want to play him in a massive game ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s a complete non starter. Dack hasn’t even played 1 minute of competitive football and you want to play him in a massive game ?

Dack on the bench. If we are chasing it there is not a player in our squad I’d rather bring on for the last 10 minutes.

• Like 1