BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (a) - 29/1/22

1,000 tickets sold on Day 1....not many London based Blues, as all sold to season ticket holders but I suspect there will be pockets dotted about elsewhere at Kenilworth Road on Saturday!😉

Just come out fighting Rovers, I'd settle for a point but 3 would just be fantastic.

COYB!!!

I’d wager that Mowbray will be very tempted to bring in Ayala for this one as he was only talking the other day about their aerial threat. Hopefully Adebayo will be out for them after breaking down at the end or their previous game.

Tough match but we should be aiming for the three points and I think we’ll get them:

Luton 0 Rovers 1

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Love Kenilworth Road, so horrendous it has a charm of its own. The stand that is just portakabins, turnstiles through folk’s back yard, wood benches, the Eric Morecambe Suite… marvellous!

Filbert Street and Kenilworth Road....both grounds where away supporters enter the ground through someone's back garden!....as you say Matty, a charm of their own.

Another tough game. They've won 4 out of 5 league games. If we are serious about promotion though nothing but a win will suffice. Hopefully Rothwell will be back. Weve had three tough games in a row now. Hull have beat 2nd and 3rd since their takeover, boro were unbeaten in 12 and luton won 4/5 games. Shows how relentless the championship is. 

• Like 1

This is a tough game. We should be targeting Bell. We know he will get forward and not perform defensively so on the counter we can really exploit that. Put Khadra up against him and if he’s on a good day he will tear strips out of him. 

Hope we have Rothwell back. Suspect we’ll have more of the ball so that driving threat and better passing is essential. 

QPR play reading whilst Bournemouth play Barnsley so you would expect them to win there. Not that we should focus on that - if we win our matches they can’t catch us and that’s all that matters at the moment. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, benhben said:

Another tough game. They've won 4 out of 5 league games. If we are serious about promotion though nothing but a win will suffice. Hopefully Rothwell will be back. Weve had three tough games in a row now. Hull have beat 2nd and 3rd since their takeover, boro were unbeaten in 12 and luton won 4/5 games. Shows how relentless the championship is. 

If we go with the tried and tested 2 banks of 3: (Lenihan, Wharton, Van Hecke + Travis, Rothwell, Buckley) and a whole host of others filling the slots,I've every faith that we'll be coming back from Bedfordshire with 3 more points in the back sack!

• Like 1

Got a feeling Rothwell will be on bench and "not fully ready". They like to get it down the sides and get crosses into Adebayo so I think we could see the 5-4-1 we finished Boro with. Zeefuik & Nyambe down a side together, Buckley just off the left. Not advocating for it, just got a feeling. 

I've never heard of this buy back scheme that Luton operate. It appears that if you are a season ticket holder and can't go the club will buy back your ticket for a £10 voucher and they then sell your ticket, presumably at normal match day prices. I appreciate it can only work when you operate at full or nearly full capacity but on the face of it it seems to be a win/win for the club and season ticket holder. I a always thought that your season ticket was not transferable but perhaps they have for loophole.

Andhttps://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2022/january/info---cam--black/m

If we win this then it doesn't matter what Bournemouth do - and Bournemouth should beat Barnsley. It should be the easiest game of the day (Barnsley/Bournemouth). If Luton are without their goalscorer Adebayo, and looking at who they've played over the last five matches, on paper we should win. But we all know that it doesn't always go according to the script.

Win this one and Bournemouth falter and I'll really start to believe in that auto spot.

I hope Zeefuik plays again, he looks like a handful for any team.

Edited by booth

2 hours ago, benhben said:

A tough game but there's some hope.

Blackpool 0 Luton 3

Luton 3 Bournemouth 2

Reading 0 Luton 2

Sheff Utd 2 Luton 0

Luton 2 Bristol 1

Last 5 matches, they haven't played any form teams. Adebayo scored in 3 of the 5. Prior to the Blackpool game they managed a 1-1 home draw with Fulham.

42 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I've never heard of this buy back scheme that Luton operate. It appears that if you are a season ticket holder and can't go the club will buy back your ticket for a £10 voucher and they then sell your ticket, presumably at normal match day prices. I appreciate it can only work when you operate at full or nearly full capacity but on the face of it it seems to be a win/win for the club and season ticket holder. I a always thought that your season ticket was not transferable but perhaps they have for loophole.

Andhttps://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2022/january/info---cam--black/m

You're right that this will only work when you can guarantee to fill your stadium. In that situation the club can incentivise a ST holder to sell back a match ticket for them to resell and both parties gain. If Rovers did it they would effectively be selling tickets for £10 less than they otherwise would as there's no shortage of seats.

I am desperate for us to win this one regardless of our league position. We are really due a win against this lot.

I cannot stand Jones - truly vile and probably comes out on top ahead of Paul Cook and Lee Johnson as most unpleasant opposition manager.

We have fallen victim to their nonsense already several times - a nasty dirty team that will try every trick in the book - and I just hope we can apply equal amounts of it and we have a referee who is strong.

I dread us falling behind in this one because they are good at holding on to leads.

I am not confident, but at the same time there should be no reason why we cannot win it. Nobody is telling me they are better than us.

I disagree we should be happy with a point here, we need 2 wins from 3 and after Hull and Huddersfield don't want any dropped points here. Save that for the WBA/Fulham/Sheff Utd away games if it is going to happen.

Edited by JHRover

I certainly wouldn't "take a draw" at this stage, we should be going with the aim of 3 points. Every time we drop points, rivals will make ground. Every time we win, we will make ground on others.

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Got a feeling Rothwell will be on bench and "not fully ready". They like to get it down the sides and get crosses into Adebayo so I think we could see the 5-4-1 we finished Boro with. Zeefuik & Nyambe down a side together, Buckley just off the left. Not advocating for it, just got a feeling. 

I really hope not, and I suspect that Mowbray wouldn't change a winning formula. We shouldn't try and shoehorn in Zeefuik in that way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I certainly wouldn't "take a draw" at this stage, we should be going with the aim of 3 points. Every time we drop points, rivals will make ground. Every time we win, we will make ground on others.

I really hope not, and I suspect that Mowbray wouldn't change a winning formula. We shouldn't try and shoehorn in Zeefuik in that way.

Spot on on both counts.

• Like 1