BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (a) - 29/1/22

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Spot on on both counts.

1 person has said they would take a draw if offered now.

I said we should target a win From this fixture but a draw wouldn't be terrible but that was more in response to someone saying if we are serious about promotion nothing but a win will do here.

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

I am desperate for us to win this one regardless of our league position. We are really due a win against this lot.

I cannot stand Jones - truly vile and probably comes out on top ahead of Paul Cook and Lee Johnson as most unpleasant opposition manager.

We have fallen victim to their nonsense already several times - a nasty dirty team that will try every trick in the book - and I just hope we can apply equal amounts of it and we have a referee who is strong.

I dread us falling behind in this one because they are good at holding on to leads.

I am not confident, but at the same time there should be no reason why we cannot win it. Nobody is telling me they are better than us.

I disagree we should be happy with a point here, we need 2 wins from 3 and after Hull and Huddersfield don't want any dropped points here. Save that for the WBA/Fulham/Sheff Utd away games if it is going to happen.

Referee is James Linington, can't say I know much about him, maybe @arbitro might know more.

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/january/referee-appointments-28-january-2-february/

Looks like it's the first time we'll have had him this season

https://www.football-lineups.com/referee/1112/

Come on Rovers, we owe this lot a beating on their own patch. Not bothered about the score, just make sure we get the 3 points.

9 minutes ago, waynerovers said:

I think the boys will be really up for it after Gallaghers late goal Monday. I'll go 2-0.

I'm not sure I would describe a 76th minute goal as late, particularly as we had 14 minutes of injury time.

We have scored very few late goals this season. There was Lenihan's 86th minute winner at Forest and Diaz's 90th minute penalty at home to Cardiff, but in the latter we were already 4-1 up. We're overdue a couple of properly late goals a la QPR.

Edited by only2garners
Addition

1 hour ago, windymiller7 said:

Referee is James Linington, can't say I know much about him, maybe @arbitro might know more.

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/january/referee-appointments-28-january-2-february/

Looks like it's the first time we'll have had him this season

https://www.football-lineups.com/referee/1112/

Come on Rovers, we owe this lot a beating on their own patch. Not bothered about the score, just make sure we get the 3 points.

I have seen him several times and he is a referee who likes to manage games without too many cards. Ordinarily that is fine but Luton are up there with Nobbers in the shithousery league which undoubtedly stems from their horrible little manager. If I was his coach I would be telling him to be strong from the start and most importantly be consistent. My fear is that the likes of Luton prefer referees who aren't particularly strong. I'd wager Jones is far happier with this appointment than Mowbray.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have seen him several times and he is a referee who likes to manage games without too many cards. Ordinarily that is fine but Luton are up there with Nobbers in the shithousery league which undoubtedly stems from their horrible little manager. If I was his coach I would be telling him to be strong from the start and most importantly be consistent. My fear is that the likes of Luton prefer referees who aren't particularly strong. I'd wager Jones is far happier with this appointment than Mowbray.

I think that he's averaged 4 yellow cards a game in his 16 games so far, but only one red.

Lenihan is on 8 yellow cards so two more for a two game suspension. I'm not sure when the next cut-off is but I doubt we're there yet.

5 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I think that he's averaged 4 yellow cards a game in his 16 games so far, but only one red.

Lenihan is on 8 yellow cards so two more for a two game suspension. I'm not sure when the next cut-off is but I doubt we're there yet.

I don't believe there is a cut off for ten yellow cards. 

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

1 person has said they would take a draw if offered now.

I said we should target a win From this fixture but a draw wouldn't be terrible but that was more in response to someone saying if we are serious about promotion nothing but a win will do here.

5 people (yourself included) indicated they'd take a point on the first page!

🙂

18 minutes ago, only2garners said:

12 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I don't believe there is a cut off for ten yellow cards. 

I think there is, either 37 or 39 games, I think 37.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

🙂

I think you should read my post again.I didn't say I'd take a point before a ball was kicked.

I said we should target the win but a draw wouldn't be a disaster they are on good form.

Like I didn't agree with the previous post ,that If we are serious about promotion only a win would be sufficient here .

A draw away to Luton in the form they are In wouldn't mean we are out of the automatic promotion race

13 minutes ago, only2garners said:

The cut off point for 10 yellow cards equalling a 2 game ban is 37 league games in the EFL. It is 32 games in the Premier League. Can Lenihan avoid picking up two yellows in the next nine games? It's going to be a close call, I feel.

45 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

The cut off point for 10 yellow cards equalling a 2 game ban is 37 league games in the EFL. It is 32 games in the Premier League. Can Lenihan avoid picking up two yellows in the next nine games? It's going to be a close call, I feel.

He's averaging one every 3.5 games so far, so probably not.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

As good as Ayala is, we are assuming that Van Hecke avoids suspension at the same time. Plus if it was Ayala for Lenihan, it would require a switch as Ayala would need to be in the middle.

I actually think it could be Nyambe right centre back and Zeefuik wing back if/when Leni gets suspended.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, JoeH said:

Got a feeling Rothwell will be on bench and "not fully ready". They like to get it down the sides and get crosses into Adebayo so I think we could see the 5-4-1 we finished Boro with. Zeefuik & Nyambe down a side together, Buckley just off the left. Not advocating for it, just got a feeling. 

Wouldn’t mind that!

We need to beat these guys on their ground.  Anything less, somehow, I would not bet on us for automatic promotion, and maybe not for a playoff spot. We rationalize a single point vs Luton, we could do it in any game. 

I trust our guys to be ready. I trust Tony will pick the best 11 available. COYB!

4 hours ago, WacoRover said:

We need to beat these guys on their ground.  Anything less, somehow, I would not bet on us for automatic promotion, and maybe not for a playoff spot. We rationalize a single point vs Luton, we could do it in any game. 

I trust our guys to be ready. I trust Tony will pick the best 11 available. COYB!

Just not in their best positions !

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Wouldnt mind moving away from such a successful formation whilst moving Buckley out of position, all to shoehorn in a new player again our of position?

Obviously I’d prefer that we didn’t. But if Rothwell doesn’t make it, it’s a tight pitch, and promises to be a physical game, I’d prefer Zeefuik to start over Johnson.

14 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

🙂

Sweet Jesus, let me state the obvious.

We all want a win.

Some are considering a ground where we have never won a league game, some are considering our playing a shithouse opposition etc etc etc etc.

When I want to join the Automatic Rah Rah Club I'll send a postcard to you and your mate.